Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
TW2 itemization: Throw Aerondinght to the bin in the end of Chapter 1. :negative:
You can get it again in TW3 DLC

So it is a unique priceless artifact the Lady of the Lake Knights you with, then vendor trash replaced in the first random swmp area you find yourself in, then again... something (under a junk leveled loot system). :negative:

I salute the consequence and consistency...

Akshully, the Aerondight from TW3 levels up with you. It stays awesome.

Zer0wing

Cipher
This uninterested you'll be among the first peers on rutracker (because by 2020 there'll be no trust in western p2p sites). Dowloading all 80GB pile just because, just to be sure to be able to play later.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
TW2 itemization: Throw Aerondinght to the bin in the end of Chapter 1. :negative:

So it is a unique priceless artifact the Lady of the Lake Knights you with, then vendor trash replaced in the first random swmp area you find yourself in, then again... something (under a junk leveled loot system). :negative:

That is... actually nice. I haven't played with the DLcs.

If only levelling, levelled loot and monsters were not such a depressing MMO mechanics in TW3. Oh well, EE to the rescue.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
D9B-6HvXkAAeuSH.jpg

All I think of when I look at the front of that car is fleshlight.
You use some weird fleshlights bro.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
TW3 was a Hollywood blockbuster storyfag's orgasm trapped in a MMO architecture, trying vainly to achieve actually meaningful and entertaining gameplay - and occasionally doing so, usually in highly scripted moments.

I do think it was a good game and worth experiencing, but primarily as an insane man's concentration of everything EPIC into one swirling saga of riding your horse into wartfaced barons and tarty maidens.

QFT... this is why I could never get into Witcher 3. Miss me with that shit.

I imagine Cyberpunk will ultimately be quite similar, though perhaps replace the MMO architecture with the "lots of systems and buttons and stuff...

Which systems? It's all popamole. Waste of the PnP licence

KK1001

Arbiter
The Codex will know within 24 hours whether this is a GTA game disguised as an RPG or an RPG disguised and marketed as a GTA/RDR2 event game.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
The Codex will know within 24 hours whether this is a GTA game disguised as an RPG or an RPG disguised and marketed as a GTA/RDR2 event game.
The Codex still can't decide if Witcher 3 is an unbalanced mechanical incoherence of epic proportions where gameplay is thrown away for the sake of their interactive adventure openworld nonsense or if it is the BEST RPG EvAR!!!

CODEX is Bipolar and retarded half the time. There is no "Knowing" here!

Yosharian

Arcane
The Codex still can't decide if Witcher 3 is an unbalanced mechanical incoherence of epic proportions where gameplay is thrown away for the sake of their interactive adventure openworld nonsense or if it is the BEST RPG EvAR!!!

CODEX is Bipolar and retarded half the time. There is no "Knowing" here!
It's almost like the Codex is made up of people from all over the world who have slightly different opinions on stuff

jf8350143

Liturgist

That is... actually nice. I haven't played with the DLcs.

If only levelling, levelled loot and monsters were not such a depressing MMO mechanics in TW3. Oh well, EE to the rescue.

Aerondight gets more powerful if you use it to kill more enemy, the damage of the first one you get could be the same with the second one you get in the NG+, which is 50 levels higher than the first one.

But that requires you to go out of your way to farm monsters to level up the damage. And since you get extremely overpowered in the NG+, it's kind hard to do(you need to hit the enemies 10 times before you deal the killing blow to get the damage level up).

NullFlow

Savant
It's great when a game allows for a pacifist run, but I hope they'll come up with something more interesting than "you can kill a guy with a bullet or knock him out with a tranquilizer dart". I mean, what's the point if there's no meaningful difference in gameplay? Probably the most satisfying pacifist (or near-pacifist) runs are in games that aren't necessarily designed for a non-lethal approach but which allow it due to the flexible mechanics and open-ended quest and level design, requiring the player to know the game and its mechanics very well and use a fair bit of creativity in order to be able to pull it off. Being a pacifist should be fucking hard and really put the player to the test.
Seeing if CDPR can comprehend this is what will make their claim of a possible non-lethal run be actually worth playing. Otherwise it's just like playing Metal Gear Solid with numbers or DX:HR again.

DeepOcean

Arcane
When I imagine this game, I think on Deus Ex Mankind Divided with alot of filler between the missions, the city will be cool for you to look around on your car but I really don't expect anything much better than basic sight seeing outside the critical path and maybe some major sidequests. For each Deus Ex style mission, there will be four basic clean the bandit camp/catch the treasure open world bullshit that the Witcher 3 made ample use of.

All this impression that CD Projeckt is allowing to form of they adding this level of quest detail on the whole world is misleading for hype sake. They will spread the content intensive missions around the map to show off the different flavors of the city then will fill the rest with filler so they can gain the 100 hour open world game badge. I don't see the open world design as an entirely bad thing, I wish I could explore a cyberpunk Detroit on Human Revolution and we are getting this here, just going around on your car sight seeing can be pretty entertaining on itself.

People are going crazy with hype, this will be an RPG if you count doing some quite weak console shooting section followed by a choose your own adventure kind of cut scene a RPG. I don't think they will popamolify things to the level of a typical progression based open world shooter but I don't think they will do anything much more complex than a Mankind Divided/Prey progression system that is a balance between complete popamole and something that is actually decent. PnP based character sheet, you can forget that right now.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Even if this manages to just be better and more fleshed out than Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Human Revolutions, I will be satisfied.

It looks to be heaps and bounds better than anything nu-deus ex tho, even maybe rivaling orignal deus ex? who knows.

I like what I'm reading, seeing and hearing so far. Strong contender for goty 2020 (other than Colony Ship of course)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As long as it will have mmo mechanics, Deus Ex wins out in my book. If they ditch bandit level 52 that takes 240 shots to kill I might reconsider.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex has already voted it Codex RPGOTY.

Curratum

So where do all the troglodytes who screech against it always come from? It's all I see when W3 is brought up, frankly.

Duraframe300

Arcane

So was Dragon Age: Origins. Witcher 1 won over MOTB IIRC FFS.

Codex Goty means nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom