Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
What songs would you guys propose?
I was hoping they would keep the punk/goth vibe to an extent. While that 90s aesthetic/subculture has expired, I did not expect them to jump into the music/style from the posted video.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
It's Seattle in 2019. Things that break the masquerade include owning a firearm, being heterosexual, not being a druggie, and not looking like an AIDS patient.
Look I don't wanna break your dreams, but your looks and habits does not count as Masquerade. Just saying.

Vampires in VTM don't usually leave any fingerprints because their skins don't secrete any oil.

The more you know.
I pretty sure that in modern age exist more methods to find criminal besides fingerprints on firearm + if police officer believe in magic and shit he/she can consult wizard and unlucky vampire will be in real trouble.

typical user

Arbiter
I pretty sure that in modern age exist more methods to find criminal besides fingerprints on firearm + if police officer believe in magic and shit he/she can consult wizard and unlucky vampire will be in real trouble.

Wizards are pretty hidden society same as vampires. Heck even Society of Leopold is pretty obfuscated. That's the whole charm of WoD.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Some darker shit,some metal will be nice,wouldn't mind some genitorturers song. There is more than enough modern dark music you could put in. Also some nice punk/goth electro shit will be ok. I do hope that there is more than one club and the music in them is at least passable. I don't know what clubs in us play,but this was no fucking club music. Fuck just a quick "dark club music" search on yt gives better music than this trash.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Wizards are pretty hidden society same as vampires. Heck even Society of Leopold is pretty obfuscated. That's the whole charm of WoD.
Even if "average mortal" cannot contact wizards, it doesn't mean that information stored in police archives cannot be stolen and used by other vampires in their intrigues/werewolf activists/ wizards mentioned above/vampire hunters/ etc. Not to mention that vampires which act like heroes of cheap Indian action movie isn't fitting the whole premise of "secrecy and mystery" of WoD.

Vulpes

Scholar
But... the music!
:despair:
I don't mind that they've ditched Goth/Punk music, but replacing it with this shit was a huge mistake. How hard is it to add something like dark clubbing music? It's not like it's rare or hard to find, I can give some decent examples right now:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1) Guns are worth of money on black market and not all vampires can afford to throw away free money.
2) Not all vampires powerful enough to kill shitload people by pointing finger at them
3) Guns can save vampiric ass in places where their powers refuse to work for some reason.
4) Not all vampires are stupid enough to risking their masquerade for sake of looking badass. Guns are less suspicious solution than magic and they can be buffed.
5) You need to keep your gun with you, just as any other sane person after killing someone because you risking being tracked by police and breaking masqurade.
1) A vampire RPG about paying the rent and doing your laundry is fucking stupid. Show me one vampire in fiction who complains about paying his electric bill. I'll wait.
2) Missing the point. Vampires are goddamn monsters and they do have plenty of killing power. Show me one vampire in fiction who is scared of some dude with a baseball bat. I'll wait.
3) This is kind of like saying you should carry polar bear repellent wherever you go in case you are attacked by a polar bear.
4) Yeah, carrying a shotgun around wherever you go is a great way to deflect attention. "He's not a vampire, just a mass murderer, nothing to see here."
5) Right, so if you don't want the cops to find you, be sure you have your assault rifle. Real good way to not get spotted.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Eh, Bloodlines also had its share of lousy licensed music. I don't dislike that track though.

Bloodlines also has random damage, e.g. it's possible to see a weapon deal anywhere from 2 to 20 damage.

Another episode of Roguey Explains Bloodlines Combat Mechanics

There are no attack or damage rolls in Bloodlines. As an example, with an unarmed feat of 1, fists do 8x2 damage but rather than roll eight dice, it goes with the maximum so you'll always do 16 damage to an opponent unlesssss they successfully make their defense rolls wherein it takes the defense score, adds the soak bash score, if any, and then rolls x amount of 10 sided dice. With a roll of 7 or greater, one die of damage is subtracted, so there's a 40% of success for each die rolled. Adding points to your attack feats increases the number of dice you're using, so with fists that's a maximum of 17. It's rare, but possible for a creature or even your character to reduce damage down to 0 given enough dice.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

During your live,have you even stepped in to a club??? You do know that it is place for fast and lively music,so young people could dance their alcohol away and buy even more alcohol,right? Nobody is going to a club to listen to some melodramatic nigger garbage that teen girls listen while dreaming about sparkly vampires ripping apart their assholes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
During your live,have you even stepped in to a club??? You do know that it is place for fast and lively music,so young people could dance their alcohol away and buy even more alcohol,right? Nobody is going to a club to listen to some melodramatic nigger garbage that teen girls listen while dreaming about sparkly vampires ripping apart their assholes.

Woe's underage, of course she's never been in a club. They wouldn't let her in.

sullynathan

Arcane
I'll agree with Zombra A game with super powered vampires doesn't necessarily need guns to be used except for ther fact that it's set in modern times and it exists.

People that claim Bloodlines combat was bad don't want a RPG, they want their power fantasy.
RPG's are power fantasy. You're playing as a fucking vampire biting people and ou have magic in a digitial game. There's no point to this statement.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
In Bloodlines 1 at least, when your weapons ran out of ammo, the only thing they were good for was selling them to vendors. This is because you would only ever find weapons out in the field, not just ammo, and those weapons would only add ammo if you already had them in your inventory.

So maybe Bloodlines 2 has a similar loot system, and the devs added this as a form of economy balancing.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anything from Covenant, Rotersand, VNV Nation or stuff like Diary of Dreams or Diorama would be very fitting for example.
If you like it harder then SITD, Nachtmahr or the aforementioned Wumpscut would be great.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom