Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
inb4 Professional Game Journalists™ will criticize the game for being outdated and too similar to the earlier Iga titles instead of being Innovative™ and Subversive™ like the latest hipster indie art platformer which Pushes the Medium Forward™.

jungl

Augur
Unlocked double jump. Game sucks from what I played so far. Bosses are not aggressive at all. Backer portraits ruin the already not interesting castle. Games very unpolished tons of glitches you can find. I quickly entered room to my left and jumped in werewolf monster got infinity frames he couldn't hurt me. Had it freeze up twice already.

The retro game they released more fun so far despite its flaws.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Yeah, the game can be a bit glitchy. That battle was pretty damn great, sad to see that you couldn't enjoy it

IceyD

Scholar
trust me I'm ashamed! loving the game otherwise. just beat the blood lady and kind of lost.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Getting power slash and Eleventh hour right is giving me arthritis rip

PrettyDeadman

I have to admit, the bosses can be pretty weak. Many (if not most) I can kill just by spamming attack + flying bats + upgraded construct (big hand at higher levels starts to damage enemies) and chugging some poitions while staying completely stationary. I just got light travel and it seems I am pretty close to one of the endings. Not sure how much more bosses there is.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Are the bosses more of a problem on hard and above?

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane

I have found both bosses and regular exploration to be enjoyably challenging on Hard myself. A few of the boss fights I've tried a good 5-6 times even. I've watched a little bit of a Nightmare playthrough and bosses seem absolutely brutal die 20-30 times difficult on that.

bataille

Arcane

If you don't use the true arrow shard, sure. But then again, how do you kill the stained-glass hand without it in any sane amount of time?

I'm more pleased that you can't just doze off during regular exploration and still be fine like in previous games. You had to try very hard to die in dawn of sorrow. Not the case here.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I mostly don't use the shards and prefer melee fighting, keeps me on my toes

RoSoDude

Arcane

If you don't use the true arrow shard, sure. But then again, how do you kill the stained-glass hand without it in any sane amount of time?

I'm more pleased that you can't just doze off during regular exploration and still be fine like in previous games. You had to try very hard to die in dawn of sorrow. Not the case here.

True Arrow is OP so I don't use it. Instead I use backdash canceling to double hit instantaneously. This can cut boss time in half if you space yourself properly to do it reliably without putting yourself in harm's way. Also, Craftwork is quite weak to strike damage as you'd expect, so the Morgenstern mace and Head Flail shard will make quick work of him.

Hyperion

Arcane
Just had my 1v1 gentlemanly, katana duel against Zangetsu until he ran away. :obviously:

Eleventh Hour spam flat out embarrassed him, qnd I threw in some Heretical Grinder cheese to speed it up. Kinda wish bosses had health bars, even though not knowing how close you are to victory can be exhilarating.

Also got my Crissaegrim-lite on the 1st Killer Barber I saw. :) Can't bring myself to actually use it outside of farming enemies though.

Curratum

I have no idea what true arrow is, but I've been dying like an absolute bitch to the blood lady. Tried 3 different setups, nothing works. Is there a gimmick to the boss?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are there actually any greatsword techniques? Haven't found a single one, almost all are sword/katana techniques

Hyperion

Arcane
Are there actually any greatsword techniques? Haven't found a single one, almost all are sword/katana techniques
Axes fall under the same category as Greatswords. Trucidating Gyre is an ability I learned early.

Down, Down-Back, Left, Right, Attack. Hold Attack for a charge.

Once you master it, it can be used with all Greatswords. It doesn't look like the Spiral Sword hits 4x when you use it, though. :[

Perkel

Arcane
75% and i don't know really where to go. I have 2 doors for which i lack key, 1 passage but it is to small and it is filled with spikes. Got invert gravity lately so i am guessing i need to now recheck castle around.

Also lol found 8bit game in game. Hard though.

I have no idea what true arrow is, but I've been dying like an absolute bitch to the blood lady. Tried 3 different setups, nothing works. Is there a gimmick to the boss?

Get always behind her. That ray she does does shitload of damage and sends you away. So 1-2 hits behind her, move away. Get behind her again 1-2 hits. When she will be doing that ray there will be window of time where you can get 4-5 slashes in her back.

Curratum

Get always behind her. That ray she does does shitload of damage and sends you away. So 1-2 hits behind her, move away. Get behind her again 1-2 hits. When she will be doing that ray there will be window of time where you can get 4-5 slashes in her back.

I figured that part out but at one point she starts healing and I see like at least 10 green "100"s flying out of her body, which is at least 1000 points of damage healed. Are you supposed to interrupt that, does she heal again after that?

Perkel

Arcane
You can attack her at the time. With my 60damage everytime she healed for 100 she actually only healed for 40.

Curratum

I tried using a poison rapier that does just 11 on hit but if you spam attack it does a flurry, AND stacks poison and the last attack of the flurry is 40-something and even after doing that for quite a while, she kept offing me in the end. Got to git gud, it seems... :|

Perkel

Arcane
Ok found my first issue. Aegis armor placing is complete bullshit. Spent nearly 3 hours fucking around in castle hugging every ceiling etc.

Turns out that to get via spikes in one of the rooms you need armor which nullifies damage from spikes. Where is that armor you say ? MYSTERY. Had to finally check faq. Yup. Absolute bullshit placing. Basically twin towers are effectively double map part and in one of 4 ceilings in that fucking chest.

Imho such armor should be behind some closed doors not on a fucking ceiling no one will be able to even find.

Curratum

I didn't read your post in full to avoid spoilers but do you think this is one of the progression mechanics / locks that the Destructoid reviewer found overly hard to find and way too obfuscated?

IceyD

Scholar
save your MP until when she starts casting tornadoes because she'll be close enough to death to kill her with Shard spam.

Curratum

This is bullshit, I've died another dozen times. I've killed Dark Souls bosses easier and faster. I can't stack enough damage with shards, everything tickles her. After she heals she starts doing obnoxious, crazy shit, two blood pillars that you can't jump over, blood rain from the ceiling, another wide sweeping attack, it's complete bullshit. I will just to back to town and stock up on super potions, fuck this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom