Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG games with Good soundtracks (list them & song)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not one single song from Shadowrun: Dragonfall mentioned yet?

Wtf is this?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only inarguably correct answer is Arcanum.

From recent times, I enjoyed the Battle Brothers soundtrack (yes, enjoying the game itself helps a lot). The tracks for the new DLC are rather catchy:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The only inarguably correct answer is Arcanum.

From recent times, I enjoyed the Battle Brothers soundtrack (yes, enjoying the game itself helps a lot). The tracks for the new DLC are rather catchy:

:bro:

I forgot about this one, the barbarian themes are amazing, the battle theme is even better, that's the true reason to hunt barbarians :

"Real" start is at 0:41 and the second wind around 1:40

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am trying to include something not already mentioned (Arcanum, Bloodlines, Deus Ex, etc.). WoW barely counts as an RPG anymore, but I always found the Burning Crusade soundtracks to be soothing:

A more recent one is Kenshi imo:

Dawnrazor

Novice
Silver had a few great tracks:

The Rage of Mages games had a cool and mesmerizing style of soundtrack, it's probably all made on synths and wouldn't have the same unique quality if they had used an orchestra. It gives me some similar vibes to the Warcraft 2 soundtrack:

Kirill Pokrovsky's stuff in the Divinity series is amazing too, some of it has been mentioned ITT but here's more:

hexer

Nier Automata

The entire soundtrack is a 10h work of art but I'll single out "Alien Manifestation" since it's the opening scene song

Planescape Torment

Almost all songs from the soundtrack but "Fall-from-Grace's Theme" instantly transports me to another world

Fallout

Entire soundtrack but "Industrial Junk" and the memories of Junktown are most vivid

Icewind Dale

"Theme song" is an epic adrenaline pump

The Witcher 3

"You're Immortal" because it's a great fighting song and I happen to understand the amusing lyrics

hexer

Icewind Dale 2: Skeleton of a Town, I still remember listening to this during my first playthrough of the game and getting goosebumps. This music and the beautiful scenery of Targos under the snow are what made me fall in love with the game, they made me dream endlessly about the infinite possibilities of a game like that. In the end, those dreams and hopes were betrayed by IWD2, but it's thanks to this game that I discovered tabletop rpgs and, because of this, I can forgive all its flaws.

The Dale and the Spine of the World are still my favorite places in Faerun.

Check out the soundtrack below.
I swear parts of that particular song were borrowed from Basil Poledouris' legendary "Conan the Barbarian" soundtrack.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
21705597-e557-4f8a-9557-c3143ab9cad7.jpg

eae79c56-43e0-44f8-86fe-36cedb56d9ca.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane
Any Dragon Quest game

Just imagining an orchestra playing the first piece in front of me gives me chills.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What, 42 posts in and still no mention of Diablo 1 - Tristram? Is it because it's too obvious?

Might Magic 6 was full of amazing tracks, like this one:

For me, Terranigma marks the pinnacle of 16 bit console compositions:

Goddamnit, it's hard to find a Terranigma track not worth posting.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Shin Megami Tensei (SMTI-IV, SMT Strange Journey Redux, SMT Soul Hackers), Diablo 1, Planescape: Torment, VtM: Bloodlines

are the only games which I would describe having a killer soundtrack, because at least 80% of their songs were/are really memorable, and I constantly go back listening to them.

Cael

Arcane
Shin Megami Tensei (SMTI-IV, SMT Strange Journey Redux, SMT Soul Hackers), Diablo 1, Planescape: Torment, VtM: Bloodlines

are the only games which I would describe having a killer soundtrack, because at least 80% of their songs were/are really memorable, and I constantly go back listening to them.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
Fallout, Arcanum, PS:T, AoD, Underrail and lots of cRPGs already mentioned here, so I'm going a bit off the track and mention games with RPG mechanics in them even though they aren't fully one:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom