Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
Why is the fix command even included? I'm just not going to use it, it's basically cheating. Actually, a lot of these commands are cheating.

The alternative is to rest, cast all your cure light wounds spells, rest again (reselecting CLW manually every time), cast all your CLWs, rinse and repeat. It's bloody annoying, and there's a reason SSI automated the process after the first game. You'd better hope for good rolls on your CLWs too, because healing a 40 hp fighter 1 hp at a time is not fun. You can use GBC's Fix if you're in an area free of random encounters, but otherwise yeah, it's cheating.

As for the rest of the stuff, GBC was made for GB veterans by GB veterans, and is sort og an all-in-one tool for surface level messing about with the engine, in addition to QoL features. Apart from that, it's a mod, period. That should suffice for an explanation. :P

I think it's worth for the hud (status effects, xp meter etc) alone. As for the "fix"-command: Yes, it's cheating. In PoR I used it only in the civilized area. In CotAB an onward I used the native fix-command. Not to forget you could rest spam in these games anyway.

Robespierre

Madame Guillotine
Patron
It's Kitten Time at the GreatCrystalShrine
Make the Codex Great Again!
Fuck .

Only a few hours left and i still can't decide what to buy from the 368 games that are on sale from my wishlist .

edit: the fucking wishlist https://af.gog.com/u/i_hope_you_rot/wishlist?as=1649904300

A lot of popamoles in your wishlist. Anyway I can recommend you "mission critical", the "spellcasting" series, "Dark Corners of the Earth", "Wizards & Warriors", "Atom RPG", "Avernum : The complete Saga" (the remakes are meh) plus the "worms" games.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'm honestly going to trim my own list. Its like 40 games and now that i think about some of them.... meh. 5 pages!?!?! Good lord.

Is space rangers 1-2 even worth it? Its weird as hell and a Russian translation?

Eh don't matter now. I watched too much of the vids and sale is over. Oh well. Next time maybe.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hey guys looks like they finally got their shit together and fixed their websi--....

pIZZ5LD.jpg

...never mind.

At least they don't have those annoying video popups anymore

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The alternative is to rest, cast all your cure light wounds spells, rest again (reselecting CLW manually every time), cast all your CLWs, rinse and repeat. It's bloody annoying, and there's a reason SSI automated the process after the first game. You'd better hope for good rolls on your CLWs too, because healing a 40 hp fighter 1 hp at a time is not fun. You can use GBC's Fix if you're in an area free of random encounters, but otherwise yeah, it's cheating.

Once you get enough money it's easiest and quickest (as long as you are still in Phlan) to just pay for healing at a temple.

ADL

Prophet
Apparently they don't want screenshots or videos floating around but they didn't say anything about descriptions so if anyone got it... Let us know how it works.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I had considered the avernum 3 remake as its all i need + cluebook but it needs a bigger discount. I need to see a review comparison.

Dux

Arcane
So that Facebook page popup bug is back... Goddamnit GOG.

Seriously, does anyone even use Facebook anymore?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
My mum does. She even watches old cartoons from the 40s-70s on a channel. Shessks me about using it and i'm like... "fuck if i know anything about it." I have an account under a dubious name but i can't stand Fuckerberg or his fucking bitmining/data hoarding site.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes but you are aware other people exist right? And that they use Facebook? So asking "does anyone even use Facebook anymore" is a retarded fucking question? And that it makes sense for GOG to work on Facebook integration?

sullynathan

Arcane
Is anyone else's GOG Galaxy constantly crashing while playing running a game through it? I play TW3, Gog galaxy crashes and/or disconnects from the internet after a while but the game keeps running.

Squid

Arbiter
Dammit they released Amid Evil but not Dusk?

Doesn't matter, broke at the moment either way but still want them :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom