Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What I have a problem with is the fact that only an idiotic fighter would be bothering with the mahogany table when they have a perfectly good weapon to start with in whatever sword they're already using.

a good application might be like if the players were arrested or had to surrender weapons to enter some castle or city mayor house etc...or like that old AD&D module (escape from the pit of the slavelords or something?") where 7th level characters are captured as slaves and put in some dungeon completely stripped of weapons and armor and have to get out...that type of thing..

Think about the resources that requires from the developer and whether developing all that environmental intractability for the purpose of having a single dungeon where its appropriate is a good use of their time. Feels like whole lot of effort for too little reward to me. So then if they developed it you've gotta use it everywhere - which moves us back to the point of: it's everywhere but is there any point to it?

Only times I liked their use of it is when they hid treasure chests/secret rooms behind bookshelves.

Kaivokz

Arcane
You are mistaken feelz for passion mate. Thanks to logic we are in such a shitfest. Most whites don't fuck because it is logical to wait to get a career and money before getting a kid,then they end at one because meh it is logical.

Passion falls under feelings.
And all decisions humans make are based on emotional feedback loop between our internal world (mind) and the outside world (everything else).
We wouldn't get up from the bed in the morning if we didn't get some sort of emotional jolt for whatever reason.

It is misguided to think feelings are contrary or opposed to reason. We can reason to the belief that the abuse of innocents is vulgar and vicious, and then feel anger and passion when witnessing the abuse of an innocent person specifically because we have come to believe it is vulgar and vicious by logical argument. The same is true of beautiful and virtuous things: we can reason that they are beautiful and virtuous, and then feel pleasure and joy in witnessing beauty and virtue, and in being beautiful and virtuous.

fantadomat could also define passion in less emotional ways, such as saying it is defined by an obsessive or intense personality, or a willingness to pursue one’s desires (irrationally or rationally), etc.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In defense of ze D&D artstyle (and this is coming from someone who venerates Frank Frazetta), I have to admit that I find the art direction in 5e D&D absolutley acceptable and sometimes even great. It looks nothing like the picture above, which seems like some 4e supplement depiction of hero characters. Current D&D artstyle is realistic, more mature, grounded, drawn in earthly and darker tones and emphasizing more on a slighlty fantasic but still medieval look. Like the BG III teaser. It's miles above D&D 4e and Pathfinder:
modron-bottom.jpg

I like this style very much 'cause reminds me on Icewind Dale which was the most beautiful one.

The current D&D one is also very nice but more realistic. Jaheira has gorgeous armor.

CharacterSpreadFewer.jpg
Lol, they turned Jaheira into a thot and Viconia into asexual apart from her makeup. Why is Viconia wearing full plate when her stats are too weak for it too?
It’s not terrible, just weird and out of character. None of the personality is there.

Why is Xan a ladyboy? Why is Edwin doing Raiden cosplay instead of looking like the scheming bastard we know him to be? Why is Minsc so skinny and missing his weapons? Silly.

Fuck me that's XAN! I was about 75% sure that was Imoen with brown hair. I thought my detect traps was at least 100...
I can't accept that. This is Xan and nobody can persuade me otherwise:
vg_rpg_bg1_xan2.jpg

hexer

It is misguided to think feelings are contrary or opposed to reason.

I didn't say feelings are contrary to reason but that they were a feedback loop.
That statement is logical. Paradoxes are opposite of reason.

In defense of ze D&D artstyle (and this is coming from someone who venerates Frank Frazetta), I have to admit that I find the art direction in 5e D&D absolutley acceptable and sometimes even great. It looks nothing like the picture above, which seems like some 4e supplement depiction of hero characters. Current D&D artstyle is realistic, more mature, grounded, drawn in earthly and darker tones and emphasizing more on a slighlty fantasic but still medieval look. Like the BG III teaser. It's miles above D&D 4e and Pathfinder:
modron-bottom.jpg

I like this style very much 'cause reminds me on Icewind Dale which was the most beautiful one.

The current D&D one is also very nice but more realistic. Jaheira has gorgeous armor.

CharacterSpreadFewer.jpg
Lol, they turned Jaheira into a thot and Viconia into asexual apart from her makeup. Why is Viconia wearing full plate when her stats are too weak for it too?
It’s not terrible, just weird and out of character. None of the personality is there.

Why is Xan a ladyboy? Why is Edwin doing Raiden cosplay instead of looking like the scheming bastard we know him to be? Why is Minsc so skinny and missing his weapons? Silly.

Fuck me that's XAN! I was about 75% sure that was Imoen with brown hair. I thought my detect traps was at least 100...
I can't accept that. This is Xan and nobody can persuade me otherwise:
vg_rpg_bg1_xan2.jpg

Relax bro, that art's not official.

What I have a problem with is the fact that only an idiotic fighter would be bothering with the mahogany table when they have a perfectly good weapon to start with in whatever sword they're already using.

a good application might be like if the players were arrested or had to surrender weapons to enter some castle or city mayor house etc...or like that old AD&D module (escape from the pit of the slavelords or something?") where 7th level characters are captured as slaves and put in some dungeon completely stripped of weapons and armor and have to get out...that type of thing..

Think about the resources that requires from the developer and whether developing all that environmental intractability for the purpose of having a single dungeon where its appropriate is a good use of their time. Feels like whole lot of effort for too little reward to me. So then if they developed it you've gotta use it everywhere - which moves us back to the point of: it's everywhere but is there any point to it?

Only times I liked their use of it is when they hid treasure chests/secret rooms behind bookshelves.
I agree, I don't like it and it was overdone in DOS and DOS2 with the barrels etc..its not worth the effort and since they will spend effort they will overemphasize it

Vulpes

Scholar
modron-bottom.jpg

CharacterSpreadFewer.jpg

Wait, that's supposed to be Xan? Great, now I fell kinda gay for wanting to stick my bulbous benis in betwixt those luscious lips and showering them with my man marmalade. Also, is it just me or does Minsc kinda look like a hapa?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I like the art stye but the faces are -1 out of 5. Complete lack of individuality, expressionless, and looking all alike. This often happens when the author lacks a model and instinctively draws his own likeness.

Doesn't anybody notice they all have the same mouth?
This is just fan art, people. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Why is fan art always so shit?
Because it's usually done by amateurs.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Nah,Lilura is a crazy bitch that lives somewhere in asia and loves to get in heated "arguments" with dumb fucks about different shit about the D&D games,and unlike most of you new fags she knows her shit about them.

Is that true ? Onward codexers ride your stallions ,in formations for beta orbiting and white knighting !

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nah,Lilura is a crazy bitch that lives somewhere in asia and loves to get in heated "arguments" with dumb fucks about different shit about the D&D games,and unlike most of you new fags she knows her shit about them. Also her main purpose in life is shilling her blog :),trough and trough one of better faces of the codex. This place wouldn't be the same without her. She certainly more memorable than a bunch of winy new fags constantly complaining about shit that nobody cares.
That's actually (and sadly) true. She was an absolute fuckin' annoyin' inane bitch, but she knew what she was writin' about when it came to cRPGs.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Does anyone know if BG3 announcement increased sales of Beamdog's BG EEs?
Well if I recall, roughly around the time the announcement happened, Beamdog made their EE games on sale up to 75% for the GOG version as part of the summer sale so most likely on there, yeah. As for Steam there was an increase of player numbers but no sale at the time so it wasn't anything big there likely:

lddm87.PNG

632vks.PNG

Ironically, they went on sale at Steam almost exactly a month before the GOG versions and BG3's announcement (May 18th).

hexer

This is just fan art, people. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
wasn't it part of the official module "heros of baldur's gate"?
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/269398/Heroes-of-Baldurs-Gate-5e
  • CharacterSpreadFewer.jpg
  • Full-color, 160-page adventure book
  • Digital version includes printer-friendly PDFs
  • Includes illustrations and statistics for 15 legendary heroes and villains!

No, it's not official.
I posted about it a few days ago
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...y-larian-studios.127856/page-144#post-6183185

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Majority of those pics are not repsenttative of the characters. Some of them are plain awful while others are good drawing but don't fit the characters.

Viconia is a drow. She is supposed to have dark skin. Only racists would try to whitewash her.

And, since when did Jaheria become H0T.Too bad about he hair though. LMAO @ Xan and Minsc. :P

Who the dwarf supposed to be?

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
please stop promoting your blog for just one second.

This is not about promotion, agendas or dollabills: It's about my love for the game and butthurt generation.

Baldur's Gate: Commentary - Part IV.
Why do you want us to recognize your love for Baldur’s Gate?
:prosper:
Nah,Lilura is a crazy bitch that lives somewhere in asia and loves to get in heated "arguments" with dumb fucks about different shit about the D&D games,and unlike most of you new fags she knows her shit about them. Also her main purpose in life is shilling her blog :),trough and trough one of better faces of the codex. This place wouldn't be the same without her. She certainly more memorable than a bunch of winy new fags constantly complaining about shit that nobody cares.

There are no girls on the internet codex, you know, right?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

This is not about promotion, agendas or dollabills: It's about my love for the game and butthurt generation.

Depends on your definition of a woman.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Depends on your definition of a woman.
Does the internet definition of GIRL count ?
GIRL = Guy in real life

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom