Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Curratum

Remember, kids, always get it off your chest!

Killed her next try after I posted!

Edit: Offed the
drake / dragon
on the first try with the same build and setup... :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkel

Arcane
Finished game on normal. 20 hours and i got like half of shards and upgraded few to max.
I don't quite understand why they gave NG+ but didn't boost enemies from start. If you start NG+ you can pick hard but early stuff is easy easy easy, imho only later stuff will be harder but much later not mid.

Either way thanks to me finishing i can start on normal without NG+ which is more interesting.
Also i think i read somewhere that there are actually 3 not 2 additional defs. 1 is hidden.

What i think of it:
True proper Igavania to join wonderful family of SOTN/ARIA/DAWN/OOE

:5/5:/:5/5:

Probably will start again on hard this time (not ng+) but after few days. I binged in 2 days 20 hours.

I didn't read your post in full to avoid spoilers but do you think this is one of the progression mechanics / locks that the Destructoid reviewer found overly hard to find and way too obfuscated?

No. It is kind of armor you need to find in order to progress and get different than bad ending. That Armor is so hidden that you need either literally paper and pencil to scour whole castle in order to find it or be stupid lucky.
I myself spent like 3 hours hugging every wall there is including ceilings and i still couldn't find it.

Imho they should put that chest in some space where player can see it but can't get there so player at least would know in what part of castle he should look.

Last edited:

Curratum

Oh my... This sounds... I mean, the spectacles in SotN weren't that hidden...

Perkel

Arcane
someone made this. Nice:

4310E84684822DF3A0B941E20CDCD0EB419C199A

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Controls are responsive as hell contrary to what one could expect looking at the, still really mediocre 3d animations.
Everything other than this is everything I wanted out of this game and didn't even expect to get. This is a pivotal moment for kickstarter : a big name begging the populace to crowd fund him has finally produced an actually worthwhile, fun game. It's a world first.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's not perfect but it accomplishes the basic premise of being another game like the ones the guy who ran the kickstarter made. So iga is above garriott, chris roberts, warren spector, inafune, etc etc

Perkel

Arcane
Dude made interview with Easy Allies and one of the dudes asked him "due to kickstarter obviously project has different scope and probably tight budget which probably causes all of developers to max out their potential... so how much do you sleep ?

IGA: 4-5 hours a day. When i worked on SOTN/ARIA 2-3 hours.

Man is machine. I sleep about 5 hours a day sometimes 4 but i can't imagine 2-3 hours...

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I really hope they make a franchise out of this and get a bit more innovative in the sequels. The GBA/NDS Castlevania's were pretty good at trying out new stuff while still remaining true to the genre.

Curratum

I'm a 6-hour man myself. Continued 5 and less and you feel ill most of the time, 7 and more and I feel like a bloated toad all day.

Hyperion

Arcane
Katanas are so fucking good it isn't even fair. Absolutely massacred Craftwork with Eleventh Hour and Zantetsuken (or however they spell it in this). Crafted a Honebani, which gets a new skill, Helm Splitter. Down, Down, Attack while grounded, Miriam leaps and smashes the sword down. Has something like a 50% crit chance, and causes Defense Down on the target (if it miraculously lives). Oh, and it has hyperarmor for the duration.

I hardly touch shards, but when I use them nothing can top Heretical Grinder (even True Arrow imo). Have taken a liking to Summon Bat, too. Similar effect to True Arrow, but it moves slow, and I think the bats pierce your target. Most importantly, uses a different slot from Grinder. Bloodbringer hits hard as fuck (50+ usually), but I find the Silver Knight more useful, since he attacks faster and blocks some hits for me.

Did some exploring and got the Armor that lets me turn into Shovel Knight, a cool touch. For whatever reason, Shovel Armors are also one of the few monsters that actually kick my ass. And they do some serious damage. But I already have like 700HP, and feel invincible so....yeah.

Finally got to the Twin Dragon Tower, or whatever it's called from the E3 demo, and I'm liking it a lot. Map doesn't seem to help all that much since you're constantly twisting.

Curratum

You will need more weapon / item grinding / finding and finding those HP++ powerups scattered across the world, mostly in secrets. Levels don't have the impact you probably expect.

Curratum

weapon / item grinding / finding and finding those HP++ powerups scattered across the world, mostly in secrets
I'm ok with this. I mean can i win with pure numbers?

You can't super-cheese it in my experience, but you can make things a lot easier on yourself. Bosses are the only real hurdle and with a bit of patience, you can do those even without superb equipment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom