Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

Bio Force Ape

Arcane
fYwScy7.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane
just get in contact with Steve Harris. Guy will tell the lawyers to fuck off and give you Eddie as an in game boss.

Last edited:

Curratum

just get in contact with Steve Harris. Guy will tell the lawyers to fuck off and give you Eddy as an in game boss.

Actually, Steve Harris is a massive, narcissistic cunt and will probably really get behind the idea that Shelly Harrison is a ripoff of his name.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Who the fuck cares?

The people who develop these games care a great deal about identity politics, and spend far more energy obsessing over "inclusivity" than I ever have pointing out their shenanigans. If I cared to, I could fill this thread with thousands of social media posts written by fat women (who don't even play computer games) complaining about the lack of brown-skinned people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance, if you're really interested in who the fuck cares.

Anyway, you should care, because these retarded faggots are destroying the industry. Every GIRL POWER! project is now heavily suspect. There have been apologists just like you smacking your virtual lips and insisting that THESE PARTICULAR developers haven't been compromised by SJWs since the day I registered here at the Codex, but as each year passes, more and more dangerhairs turn up in studio group photos even as their games turn to unplayable garbage.

CyberModuled

Savant
The people who develop these games care a great deal about identity politics, and spend far more energy obsessing over "inclusivity" than I ever have pointing out their shenanigans. If I cared to, I could fill this thread with thousands of social media posts written by fat women (who don't even play computer games) complaining about the lack of brown-skinned people in Kingdom Come: Deliverance, if you're really interested in who the fuck cares.
So the one example you give isn't even a game development studio but just about retarded journos?

I can see where your concern and criticism comes from since there are quite a few companies both old and new that do follow that trend unfortunately but I think most people don't give a shit in this case because this is a fairly small studio who haven't even fully release one game yet and what people have played in regards to the female character boils down to "She's sort of bland" than "teh Ess Jay Doubles at it again" all the while most seem generally pleased with almost every other aspect of the game as a game made on Build Engine. Add in the fact of how 3D Realms lost the Duke license a while ago this just seems a lot more of a case of devs making do with what they have than appealing to some kind of non existent feminist fandom and so far none of the marketing has pandered towards that at all from what I've seen.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
Who the fuck cares?

Anyway, you should care, because these retarded faggots are destroying the industry. Every GIRL POWER! project is now heavily suspect. There have been apologists just like you smacking your virtual lips and insisting that THESE PARTICULAR developers haven't been compromised by SJWs since the day I registered here at the Codex, but as each year passes, more and more dangerhairs turn up in studio group photos even as their games turn to unplayable garbage.
:didntreadlol:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The people who develop these games care a great deal about identity politics, and spend far more energy obsessing over "inclusivity" than I ever have pointing out their shenanigans.

As annoying as aggressively SJW devs and journalists are the folks like yourself who obsess over it and post about it all the time, even in a thread for a game with ZERO sign of this issue, are just as annoying. The two groups deserve each other, just endless, endless whining and grievance.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
As annoying as aggressively SJW devs and journalists are the folks like yourself who obsess over it and post about it all the time, even in a thread for a game with ZERO sign of this issue, are just as annoying. The two groups deserve each other, just endless, endless whining and grievance.

mApVk3v.jpg
This is the first time I've posted about it in three months anywhere on the Codex. Head-in-the-sanders like you simply don't want to hear about it at all, thus any occasional mention becomes "all the time." Meanwhile, the phenomenon spreads and grows.

In actuality, I in fact do try to avoid bringing it up in threads that don't merit it. While it may be true that the female protagonist doesn't have any lines suggesting all cis white men should be put to death, and while Badass Chicks have been a subversive trope in fiction/games/comics for ages, Bombshell/Shelly is quite clearly a female analogue of Duke Nukem in what is definitively a spiritual sequel to DN3D. That makes her an Affirmative Action Girl, regardless of your politics and whether or not you want to admit it.

Last edited:

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
^ Thirty minutes later, on my profile:

638a7d345b.png
And? I still DIDN'T READ LOL most of your post. I'm not even sure why you screenshot'd what I wrote, instead of simply quoting it like a normal human being would (I guess I'm supposed to be rushing right over to your "Wall" or whatever the the fuck it's called, to delete all evidence of my dastardly deed consisting of one whole reply to your autistic screeching). I don't care about retarded Culture Wars nonsense anymore, because both "sides" have shown themselves to be equally batshit insane.

A pox on both your Houses.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The reason this game exists is that 3D Realms decided to contract some modders to develop a nostalgic spinoff game to promote their crappy Bombshell action-shooter game.

The reason that game exists is that they found out that they didn't have the rights to Duke Nukem.

So, not exactly a clear narrative of somebody who went "Let's make Duke Nukem 3D, but with a strong woman for modern audiences!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom