Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Isn't there some sci-fi setting also that Paizo made? Other than the fantasy kingmaker stuff?

Would be interesting to see Owlcat do something like that.

Haven't started my playthrough of Enhanced Edition yet. It seems theres a lot of bugs still. But overall, the game is very playable right?

I wanna go with alchemist and a pally as main dudes

Efe

Erudite
pathfinder has lasers robots spaceships and other shit in the same setting already

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There is Starfinder, which I belive is Paizo's take on d20Future idea.

maxresdefault.jpg

But yeah, it would be interesting to get a crpg in that setting.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Update 2.0.5 - June 21, 2019
21 JUN @ 12:42PM - MORTHEIM
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• When loading old saves, players did not receive Crisis Points. Resolution: fixed.
  • When loading a pre-Enhanced Edition save in which Ekundayo has left, some players could find his pet uncontrollable when the ranger returned. Resolution: fixed for both old saves and games where this has already happened.
  • Fixed the hanging up issue when trying to rest with a charged spell of the healing touch type.
  • Custom portraits sometimes got deleted. Resolution: when a player loads a saved game with custom portraits, folders are created with the names that correspond to the portrait identifiers.
  • Players who reached floor 50 of the Endless Dungeon could have noticed that the enemy difficulty stopped to increase. That turned out to be true: we never imagined that there would be heroes capable of going so deep! The enemies suffered under the players’ onslaught and reported lots of bugs using F11. They asked and we listened! We’ve strengthened them on floor 51 and beyond.
    Players who are currently on floors below 50 should expect a leap in difficulty: monsters have gained strengths and they’ll try to strike back fiercely. Stay alert and remember: losing a battle does not mean losing the war! (And you can always let your hero retire.)
  • In Tenebrous Depths, players encountered subtasks of type "Our descent was halted by a shroud of darkness. We must wait until it disperses." even if there were no shroud of darkness. Such subtasks failed to complete when the shroud of darkness disappeared. Resolution: fixed.
  • In rare cases, when you followed the Betrayer's Flight quest to Candlemere Tower, there could be neither Tristian nor an active portal. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the main game, in Tenebrous Depths VI, one of the enemy groups incorrectly consisted of 6 Wild Hunt Archers. Resolution: fixed.
  • One of the endings of the Heroes' Fate quest in Lostlarn Keep could get stuck in the main game after the saved game conversion if the DLC General was female. Resolution: fixed. To fix the issue, load the saved game before entering the dungeon.
  • The Cloudkill buff in traps in the Vordakai Tomb had no visible text. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the battle with the Everblooming Flower in the Other World, you can now rest and recover after the battle before you teleport to the Womb of Lamashtu.
  • Now you can speak to Kobold Artist in the Troll Liar only once.
  • The Spawn of Rovagug had the Chaotic Neutral alignment. Resolution: fixed to the Chaotic Evil alignment.
  • Even the smallest goblin alchemists now can throw bombs.
  • Classes: Mind Fog had an incorrect duration description. Resolution: fixed.
  • The description of Sage Sorcerer has been expanded to clarify the features of this archetype.
  • Names and descriptions of some Wild Hunt Archer abilities were missing. Resolution: fixed.
  • Abilities: Coup De Grace no longer ignores Fortification.
  • Items from Tristian’s dead body were looted incorrectly. Resolution: fixed. You cannot interact with the corpse to loot it; instead, Tristian’s equipment is looted automatically after his death.
  • Items: Cloak Of Inner Warmth had an abnormally low price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Items: Frost Rapier +1 from the Honest Guy had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Items: Flaming Gnome Hooked Hammer +1 had a corrosive enchantment. Resolution: fixed.
  • Items: Gloves of Dexterity +2 had an incorrect price. Resolution: fixed.
  • Audio: the Sartayne's House had no audio scenes. Resolution: fixed.

Shadenuat

Arcane
In the main game, in Tenebrous Depths VI, one of the enemy groups incorrectly consisted of 6 Wild Hunt Archers. Resolution: fixed.
:excellent:
The Spawn of Rovagug had the Chaotic Neutral alignment. Resolution: fixed to the Chaotic Evil alignment.
This is some anti paladin bias right there.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Codex Year of the Donut
Star finder is okay from what I’ve read of it. It’s meant to be the same overall setting as PF (so you can take your spaceship to Golarion and slum it with the low-tech plebs or create a Many-esque body-horror spacestation sheine devoted to Lamashtu). Not as cool as Spelljammer from my brief glance, especially comparing artwork.

Codex Year of the Donut
Star finder is okay from what I’ve read of it. It’s meant to be the same overall setting as PF (so you can take your spaceship to Golarion and slum it with the low-tech plebs or create a Many-esque body-horror spacestation sheine devoted to Lamashtu). Not as cool as Spelljammer from my brief glance, especially comparing artwork.
golarion is missing in starfinder afaik

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah that part of the game is a bit hectic, usualy you get plenty of time for kingdom management between chapters.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
golarion is missing in starfinder afaik
Yup, it's a huge metaplot thing. Basically, there was an event called "The Gap", which lasted at least a couple of thousand years, but no-one is sure exactly how long, as the length seems to have varied a bit depending on place and person. Nobody has any memories of anything that transpired during the gap, and all records have been wiped, and it is implied that not even the gods are sure why or what has happened (and if they are, they aren't talking). And this period of "The Gap" ended about 300 years ago. There are (supposedly) some individuals that are extremely long-lived that remember things that happened before the gap, and they remember things after the gap, but they remember nothing in-between.

And sometime during The Gap, Golarion went missing, and nobody knows fucking why, or where it is, although it has been implied that the people that were on Golarion at the time are fine, they're just not.. there. It's weird. The fact that this is a huge mystery is a big part of the metaplot pitch in Starfinder, although it will no doubt remain unresolved as it is primarily intended as GM-fuel.

People just sorta woke up one day and had no idea about much of what had happened during most of their life, because it happened during the Gap and it had just ended. There's a lolhueg (although not actually that huge, if you look at the numbers) space station where Golarion should be, called Absalom Station, and it is the implied main "hub" of the setting (Or of The Pact Worlds, at least), and it was obviously in use and the people of Golarion just.. kept living in it, not knowing where it came from. And here we are, 300 years later.
Is there more to this?
From what I heard they had a falling out way back (after d20PFSRD started selling stuff themselves), and calling it Starjammer is just something they did to really double-obfuscate anything that isn't open content, as well as a nod to the pre-Starfinder Pathfinder setting material that the d20PFSRD people worked on, which was called Starjammer, and now has a Starfinder release. I don't know the specifics and it's just a mess.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
hot damn I just done did Vordakai in the eyesocket and suddenly there's a barbarian menace in the west
truly no time for respite and some chill exploration
Yeah that part of the game is a bit hectic, usualy you get plenty of time for kingdom management between chapters.
I haven't played Enhanced Edition yet, but it was my experience with the game prior that if you were fast in doing stuff, the "grace period" usually became longer before the next chapter really kicked off, which gave me the impression that there were two separate timers going on, so if you've been sloppy with time and end a chapter, the next chapter will kick off almost instantly, etc. I think the section with the barbarians is intended to be an exception to that, and will kick off immediately no matter what, and it's intended to be hectic. Something to keep in mind, since it means that you can fuck around quite a bit before you finish the Vordakai stuff, since you know that no matter what, you'll start getting buttfucked right after.

Codex Year of the Donut
PFK is a study in time limits done well in an RPG and Owlcat doesn't get enough recognition for it.
Typically time limits add nothing but an arbitrary limitation to player exploration.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Dammit the first Treasurer event doesn't trigger correctly so now I can't advance the economy stat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom