Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The CRPG Book

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The CRPG Book is fucking great. I had to get my internet turned off recently and decided to read some of this book. Anyone that hasn't checked it out needs to do so ASAP - there's a wealth of information on a LOT of different games, even some very obscure ones I would never have found without this book. I now have a large list of games I'm going to check out!

My only complaint: there are a lot of spelling and punctuation errors. Then again, I have v1.0 and I don't know if those errors have been fixed in a later version or not.

Massive props to Felipe.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm looking forward to buying a hardcover edition when it comes out. Wonder how long that will take but I have friends who work in book publishing and judging by their experiences it takes around 6 months to go through the whole process

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
My only complaint: there are a lot of spelling and punctuation errors. Then again, I have v1.0 and I don't know if those errors have been fixed in a later version or not.
I fixed the big ones that people pointed out, but the full, professional proofreading is being done for the hardcover version. After that I'll release a proofread version of the free PDF ;)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I fixed the big ones that people pointed out, but the full, professional proofreading is being done for the hardcover version. After that I'll release a proofread version of the free PDF ;)
How many Freedombux for the hardcover version?

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'm looking forward to buying a hardcover edition when it comes out. Wonder how long that will take but I have friends who work in book publishing and judging by their experiences it takes around 6 months to go through the whole process
Yea. I'm going to get a hardcover edition too. Sweet thing to have in physical form.

mbv123

Arbiter
Can't believe I just found out about this book (comes with being a newfag I guess).
This is pretty sweet!
:bounce:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm reading my complimentary PDF now, it's amazing.
I really like the context it provides, about the technology and general vibe for each era. This I think is the key to winning over younger generations and helping them understand.

Reading the books makes me feel I'm in a room with older gamers, reminiscing over good stuff with the help of some single malt 18 year old. Felipe's language barrier story reminded me of playing Lula with friends. We were all way too young to be playing it, and it was the original German copy of the game, so since none of us knew a word in German, we had dad of one of the kids come and translate for us, which he (luckily for us) happily did.

It kinda makes me want to have the actual conversation, about all genres, not just cRPGs. I'm high on feels, good job Felipe.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
There's a syntax error in PS:T review, please tell me it didn't make it to the hardcopy version.

lightbane

Arcane
When will the book be available online again? The physical copy edition has been done for long already. Why the delay?
:rpgcodex:

Ysaye

Arbiter
Aweigh is going to say it's rubbish because Elminage Gothic doesn't get a mention as far as I can see... but thanks Felipe - I too have been enjoying reading the digital copy this last day and a half and it is a tour de force. As comprehensive as one could ever hope to be on a difficult subject knowing that there are codexers potentially out to get you. Thankyou again.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Got a copy of the collector's edition as a gift from my bro.
It's a really cool book! Lord know it'll be a perfect "pick-up when bored, discover lesser known titles" companion.

I really like the various era discussions as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom