Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #61: Expedition expansion releasing on July 22nd

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Styg Are there any plans for a Directors Cut version (Definitive version etc) of the game after? So i can throw more moneys at you - (((igra je vrh)))

Vorark

Erudite
Nothing better than opening the Codex main page and being greeted by such great news!

Eiaha.gif

SniperHF

Arcane
I have not followed this at all cause it's an expansion so I'm going to be super lazy and ask:
Is it possible to create a character smack dab in the expansion with the appropriate level and some gear and not have to play the rest of the game? Or not?

Cause if not there's basically zero chance I'll ever play it.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Styg, what will be the price?
$10

WTF Styg, I would easily pay twice that price! And I'm a resident of a fucked-up third world country. You don't like my money?

:takemymoney:

But seriously, do you have any reason to choose this value? I'm thinking it's really pretty cheap for the amount of content you seem to be offering.
Be strange to charge more for a single expansion than the game itself, wouldn't it?

Black Angel

Arcane
$10

WTF Styg, I would easily pay twice that price! And I'm a resident of a fucked-up third world country. You don't like my money?

But seriously, do you have any reason to choose this value? I'm thinking it's really pretty cheap for the amount of content you seem to be offering.
Be strange to charge more for a single expansion than the game itself, wouldn't it?
The base game's price by itself is already a steal considering the content it provides.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd forgotten how cheap the base game was, I assumed it was more since the game was so good. It feels nice to be able to anticipate something decent.

Drowed

Arcane

Oh yeah, STEAM doesn't show the price in dollars to me, obviously, the value of Underrail converted into dollars (for me) is above $15. But actually, it would be weird to sell the expansion of a game for the same price as the original game, that's true. To be honest I didn't remember that Underrail was being sold so cheaply - most indie games are sold for about $20 around here.

I think this would be another argument for the expansion to be released as a new fullprice game (game+expansion), giving discount on the purchase for those who had the original, as has happened in several recent cases.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Which weapons are usable on jetskis? Only speer and machete?

From jet ski update: https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=10612

While riding a jet ski you'll be able to use most of your weapons, abilites and utilities. The most notable exceptions are sledgehammers and sniper rifles, which are not available while driving. Also, short range melee weapons (fist weapons and knives) and unarmed attacks, though still performable, will suffer significant penalties.

Damianus_NT

Novice
Have been waiting for a long time for the DLC to arrive, to finally play the game. But my willpower is a dump stat so I broke and started the first playthrough (hard/oddity) in May.
80+ hours in, 19/25 level, and still only in the halfway through the game (exploration, backtracking, crafting and trade do consume a lot of time). Despite some of the game's (arguable) flaws, I'm having a blast with Underrail. Such a good RPG.

Do you know whether the saves from mid-late portion of the game (level 20) will fit nicely with this DLC? Or should one leave it for the 2nd playthrough?

EDIT:
Some of the content might be a bit too easy for you at that level, but it should become challenging near the end of it.
Thank you for the answer, Styg Sir. Glad to hear that the DLC is save-compatible. Best wishes to Stygian Software.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
$10

Thing is, people who liked UR that are going to buy the expansion probably LIKED UR, it's a fantastic game, and would/should be willing to pay at least 15 bux, AT LEAST; as is i'll just buy it for some friends
who'll never play it :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom