Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Forged of Blood - turn-based tactical fantasy RPG

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Just saw this thread and toss the game in my wishlist. Looks interesting.

V_K

Arcane
Does the snail moving speed on the world map serve any purpose? If not, I'd suggest increasing it at least four times, with the current fastest setting being the minimum.

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
Thanks for posting the video Infinitron!

Does the snail moving speed on the world map serve any purpose? If not, I'd suggest increasing it at least four times, with the current fastest setting being the minimum.

Great question! The pace of the of the strategic map traversal needs to be balanced by a number of factors: distance between regions, narrative pacing, and the logistics of commanding up to three parties at once on the strategic layer. We are of course still in the process of balancing all that, but I do believe that the pace is overtly slow in the video because we are waiting on our first party. I've found that once I had multiple parties on the map at the same time, the amount of time spent in the x3 speed diminishes greatly.

That said... that's one of the big questions we'd like to have answered during the beta so sign-up if you haven't already.

joesys

Critical Forge
Patron
Developer
Thanks for the gameplay video! Not sure posting a night battle was the best decision tho, as one can barely see anything.

Probably not. We will post our proper features trailer video, but that video still need a bit more time.
In the mean time, we are required to submit an uncut gameplay video as part of application to be listed on GOG. The video you saw is the video we made for GOG store application.

Night fights are alright as long as we can see what's happening ...
Light spell, torches anyone ?

We have a few fog of war related spell effects.

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
The narrator sounds like a BBC presenter for some cooking show :)

Hmmm. I like to think that our spellcrafting and character building is a lot like cooking... there's a lot of ingredients and a lot of ways to burn yourself or get someone killed. Gordon Ramsay would be happy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The features video looked nice, love that game world map aesthetic. Will the game have a proper story-line, quests, side quests? or will it be more like a sandbox?

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
Fucking around with that spellcrafting is probably going to be fun!
I might be biased but I can confirm that it is fun. You want to know what's not fun? Recording VO to explain it all... I'm just happy I pawned off the editing of that video to our animator so I don't have to listen to myself mumble and croak for a few hours.

joesys

Critical Forge
Patron
Developer
The features video looked nice, love that game world map aesthetic. Will the game have a proper story-line, quests, side quests? or will it be more like a sandbox?

The technical term is event based narrative.

In practical term, we have a few story line path that you can follow, or you can ignore story line completely and conquer the world region by region

Black Angel

Arcane
The narrator sounds like a BBC presenter for some cooking show :)

Hmmm. I like to think that our spellcrafting and character building is a lot like cooking... there's a lot of ingredients and a lot of ways to burn yourself or get someone killed. Gordon Ramsay would be happy.
Haven't seen the trailer, but is the narrator Farah Quinn?

CritiestBunny

Critical Forge
Developer
^ quick little teaser we put up up so we can loop at an upcoming event. Thanks for posting Inifinitron!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom