Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Infi's legacy, never forget
http://webspace.webring.com/people/ab/blackthorn2ie/virtuousness-day.html
Virtuousness Day
By Infinitron Dragon
Hail fellow Dragons!

This story is kind of a mix between Ultima and the awesome movie "Independence Day". The Weyrmount is also here, with a few of my friends from the Weyrmount MOO. I'm not much of a writer, so I hope this story will be okay.

The First Day
The Ethereal Void

A big shadow goes over Trammel. A giant, brown, mushy-looking starship flys by, towards Britannia.

Britain
Lord British is in bed, talking to his wife Nellie over the ether-phone ( Yes, they're married here ).

Lord British: I have a confession to make, honey. I'm in bed with a beautiful young brunette.

Lord British petted Sherry the mouse, who was sitting on his leg.

Nellie: Haha, very funny. Let's get to the point. Your polls here in Cove are going bad. They're saying that your attitude with the gargoyle problems are like the Avatar saying,"Name? Job?". We're in big trouble.

Lord British: It's not true. Where do they get these ideas?

Nellie: I don't know...things have really been going down-hill ever since you decided to put in the next "society advancement" into Britannia.

Lord British: Oh come on, democracy can't be that bad!

Trinsic
Shamino and Iolo are playing chess and talking.

Iolo: Shamino, I don't know what to do with Gwenno. She hasn't been talking to me for days. It was an accident!

Shamino: Look, Iolo, VAS FLAM HURing an ancient vase is not to be forgiven easily.

Infinitron Dragon: This is true.

Iolo: Well she put it on the table! Couldn't she find another place to put a vase? How am I supposed to cook my food?

Shamino: Hmmm...maybe an oven?

Iolo: Yeah, but that's so slow...VAS FLAM HURing is so much faster. Although it is hard to get the meatballs off the ceiling afterwards.

Shamino: Look Iolo, why don't you just get her that new "electric lyre" thing...that'll make her happy.

Iolo: Oh, shut up! What do you know about women anyway?

Shamino: I know quite a lot about them! I know they prefer blue diapers!

Iolo: CHECKMATE!

Shamino: D'owe!

Paws
Dupre is riding his dragon ( In this age, humans fly on dragons ). As he flies over the plains, he throws magical dust on the crops, while doing loops and other tricks with his dragon. After a while, he lands. A few gargoyles come out of a nearby house.

Gargoyles: Shlook Zomp Plarg A few humans come out and laugh at Dupre.

Thugs: Hahaha...been drinking too much at Dr. Cat's, Dupre? You sprayed the wrong field!

Dupre: * hic * Oops.

Infinitron Dragon: Hey, he stole my line!

The EDDS
The Ether Disturbance Detection Station was made by Lord British in order to detect any evil beings coming from the Void. It has never actually found anything except a giant rubber ducky floating in the Void ( Shamino later confessed that he had created it ), but ever since the Black Gate incident nobody wants to be taken by surprise again. The station is located near Trinsic. A man is sitting in a chair when suddenly a beep is heard from one of the magical devices.

Oblivion Dragon: Hmmm...nice description. Could be better, though.

Man: What's that? Whoa! Check out the size of that thing! Wait a minute, that's Britannia. Wait a sec, there's something else...it's not disturbing the ether - the ether is actually staying away from it!

Infinitron Dragon: ???

The man calls his boss.

Boss: Unless you're an insanely beautiful woman and/or Britannia is under attack by an evil entity, hang up now! The man tells his boss what's happening and calls Iolo.

Iolo: Yes?

Man: Iolo, come to the EDDS, quick!

Iolo: I'll be right over!

Cove
The Avatar wakes up in his house, where he and Nastassia live.

He turns on the light and goes into the kitchen, where Nastassia is making breakfast.

Nastassia: Oh, don't give me that! I'm your wife, Nastassia!

Avatar: Well met, Nastassia. So, what's for breakfast?

Nastassia: Well, I decided to make you a special memorial breakfast - Traditional Pagan Kith Stew!

Avatar: PAGAN!??! NOOOOOOOO!!!! NO MORE JUMPING!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Nastassia: Just kidding! I'd better go, I have to be at the shrine in 15 minutes.

Nastassia leaves. The Avatar takes a bite out of his breakfast.

Avatar: Hey wait a second...this is...TORAX RIBS!!! NO NO STOP THE PAIN!!! AAAAAAAHH!!!

The EDDS
Iolo arrives at the EDDS, where Smith the Horse is waiting for him.

Iolo: What's going on, Smith?

Smith: Come see this, Iolo!

They go to a big monitor and look at a big blob floating through the void. Several small blobs come out of it.

Iolo: Hmmmm...Shamino's fabled giant silly putty?

Smith: Nope! Watch what it does to the ether!

Smith activates a smaller screen showing some ether atoms and an unidentified blob atom. As the blob atom comes near, the ether atoms grow a little hand and hold it to their nucleus. Then they run away as fast as they can.

Iolo: Weird...

Smith: Yeah...no natural phenomenon or even Shamino-made phenomenon can make that happen. It must be...

Iolo: Aliens!

Smith: Yeah...I hope they bring some far-out alien hay!

Iolo: Hay?! That's what you're thinking about now? What should we do about this?

Smith: Hmmmm...well, after killing Malchir, don't forget to take the Tongue of Flame.

Iolo: WHAT?! Oh stop that Smith, this is serious!

Smith: Well, I'll go tell LB about it.

Smith trots off. Iolo plays a little with the equipment.

Iolo: Hey, Smith, come here, I want you!

Smith: Hay? Where? Oh, you mean hey.

Iolo: Look at this...the ether will be totally malfunctional very soon... it'll run away right into the Void! They're pushing it away systematically, every bit of it. No magic will work soon, not even "Turn Aqua-Blue Grass into Bats with 13.45 Fingers"!

Smith: Oh come on, why should they be evil?

Iolo: I wonder how all their ships can coordinate together like that? The flat shape of Britannia makes that difficult.

Smith: How should I know? I'm just a horse.

Iolo: Of course.

Smith: Of course.

Iolo: Well, anyway, the machine says the ships will be here in...two seconds.

See! I'm original! Other stories would make it 20 minutes! But not me!

Paws
Dupre goes home, where Spark is waiting for him.

Dupre: Hi, kid. * hic * What's up?

Suddenly a shadow goes over the town. They run outside.

Spark: WHOAA!!! An alien ship!

Suddenly, Spark's eyes roll and he pulls out his sword.

Spark: MONSTER, KILL KILL KILL!!!!

Dupre: I told the Avatar not to take him along back then, but NOOOO, he wouldn't listen. The Avatar never listens to me. * hic *

Spark regains sanity.

Spark: Well, what should we do?

Dupre: Stay in the house, I'll go to Dr. Cat's and see what's up.

Suddenly, they smell something horrible.

Spark: Have you been eating gargoyle food, Dupre?

Dupre: Just go in the house.

Dupre runs over to the pub.

Dr. Cat: Well, well, well it's Dupre!

Laughter is heard in the bar.

Dupre: * hic * Gimme a beer Doctor. Seen that ship out there?

Dr. Cat: Yeah, so?

Dupre: So? Aren't you the least bit curious what that thing is?

Dr. Cat: Sorry, I'm not programmed to be curious.

ZoOM Dragon: Okay, okay, I'm working on it.

Dupre drinks his beer.

Dupre: Well, are you gonna give me a beer or not?

Dr. Cat: I think I already gave you one, Dupre.

Dupre: Hmmm...I guess you're right.

Thugs: Well, Dupre, aren't you going to save us from the evil aliens?

Everybody laughs at Dupre.

Dupre: Do you think they're friendly?

Lord Mike: HELL NO!!!!! I mean, well, no.

Dr. Cat: Well, what do you think? ( That is, if you're capable of thinking after drinking so many beers )

Dupre: Well, they can't be worse than a few humans I know. Dupre glares at the thugs and smiles. Then he has a hangover and loses consciousness.

Britain
Lord British answers the ether-phone. Static is heard.

Lord British: Yes?

Smith: Ummm...LB...go outside for a second, okay?

Lord British walks outside.

Lord British: Wow...so this is how outside looks.

Smith: Yeah, but do you see that big mushy thing in the sky?

Lord British: Yes...I take it that thing isn't supposed to be here.

Smith: It's an alien ship, stu...I mean, my lord! Here, talk to Iolo.

Iolo: Mr. No...I mean Lord British, I think those aliens are evil!

Lord British: Why? I mean besides the obvious reason that if they weren't this whole story would be pointless.

Iolo: They're pushing the ether into the Void! That's why the ether-phone is malfunctioning. They're bouncing their communication transmissions off the ether to coordinate themselves.

A scary tune is heard.

Iolo: They're using our own ether against us!

Lord British: Now, Iolo, you have no concrete proof that they're evil...

Iolo: Okay, but don't be surprised if your ether-net card stops working.

Lord British: No more Internet? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Must control myself... ...no...you can't convince me, Iolo...I can't just declare war on them, Iolo.

Iolo: Well, I suggest you warn the people not do something stupid like use Firedoom Staves on the ships or something.

Lord British: Ok.

Suddenly posters appear all over Britannia with the message -

Hail citizens of Britannia!
Please, do not shoot our visitors!
There'll be plenty of that later!
Iolo: How'd you do that?

Lord British: I told my men to hang the posters. Then I left the screen and returned and the posters were all hung.

Iolo: Well, I'm going to meet you now. Bye!

Lord British: Ok, but I'm not going to give you any food!

Lord British suddenly smells something bad. He checks his armpits. He then smells something even worse.

Cove
Nastassia return from work and goes in the house. Inside, the Avatar is banging the furniture with his sword.

Nastassia: What do you thing you're doing?

Avatar: Just raising my Strength and Dexterity attributes. Don't worry, it won't do anything to the furniture.

Nastassia: Ok...so what's new?

Avatar: Nope...nothing new. I haven't seen any big brown mushy alien ship in the sky.

The Avatar and Nastassia walk out and see one of the mushy alien ships.

Avatar: Hey look, there's a big brown mushy alien ship in the sky!

Nastassia: By the Avatar!!! Oops, sorry honey...

Avatar: Do you suppose they're evil?

Nastassia: Well, I guess we'll know soon...

Yeah, I'm getting tired of writing this pre-attack stuff. I wanna see some explosions!!!

Avatar: Nastassia, do you smell that?

Nastassia: Hmmm...have you been fighting monsters in Castle British's sewers, dear?

Avatar: Naaah...they haven't been letting me in there ever since I collapsed that wall and made the toilets overflow. God, I haven't smelled something so bad since I caught Lord British in the bathroom.

Nastassia: I didn't know there was a bathroom in Castle British.

Avatar: It's a special invisible instant-bathroom. That's why me and my companions never have to go. We teleport to the invisible bathroom, instantly relieve ourselves, and teleport back. Those things are all over Britannia.

Nastassia: Sounds like a waste of the taxpayer's money.

Avatar: It's more heroic...imagine us needing to go to the bathroom in the middle of a fight.

Nastassia: Hmmm...I guess you're right.

Avatar: I'm always right. I make a magical mark in time before a problem I have to solve, and if I mess up I rewind time back to that mark. Anyway, I have to go to work at Jhelom. Bye, honey.

Nastassia: So that's why everyone always has jet lag every time you're on a quest!

Britain
Shamino and Iolo arrive at Castle British.

Lord British: Hi

Shamino: Hi

Iolo: Hi

Lord British: I've heard that more ships have positioned over Moonglow, Minoc and New Magincia.

Iolo: Oh come on, that can't be a good sign.

Lord British: Well, we're going to find out soon. I've organized for some men to ride dragons in front of the alien ship, flashing multi-colored lights at them and playing cute little melodies at the same time.

Shamino: Why does everyone always assume that aliens communicate in such strange ways?

Iolo: So dumb story writers will have something to laugh about.

Hmmm...this is a paradox, I think.

Lord British: Well, the strangest thing has been happening...the ships have been dripping on us.

Iolo: Dripping?

Suddenly, a brown mushy thing falls on Shamino.

Shamino: I swear it's not my giant diaper!

Iolo: Giant diaper?

Shamino: D'owe! I was meaning to tell you about that...

Iolo: Never mind that...what are those droppings made of?

Lord British: Well, they're 23.4 percent typical alien plasma, 31.6 percent ether, 42.375489490873937329 chopped up Pentium processors, and 54 percent...um...guano.

Iolo: Isn't that more than 100 percent?

Lord British: Hmmm...I guess the aliens know how to make things composed of more than 100 percent.

Naaah, I just didn't have enough patience to make everything add up.

Shamino: More likely Lord British's analysis team is 100 percent composed of Origin story writers!

Don't argue with me, Shamino.

Shamino: Okay, okay.

Gwenno enters the room.

Gwenno: Well look, if it isn't the Master Chef?

Iolo: Get over it, Gwenno!

Gwenno: VAS FLAM HUR!!!

Iolo is burned to a crisp.

Lord British: KAL LOR!

Iolo is resurrected.

Iolo: Oh, will you stop that! It's really scary in that world of the dead, with those slimy skeletons always grabbing at my clothes. And I get a headache when I'm finally resurrected.

Gwenno: I don't care, vase-killer!

Shamino: Thank God I'm the single guy character in this world.

Iolo: Oh come on, Gwenno, I'm sorry! Here, let me buy you a drink. Then we'll have a romantic evening in my house.

Shamino starts to get red.

Lord British: I think this conversation is starting to embarass Shamino.

Shamino: No it's not...I'm 400 years old...you can talk.

Iolo: Yeah right, Shamino. What are you, around 11 or something? Okay, so I stole this from Captain Huggies - kill me.

Lord British: Look, people, it's getting late...soon we'll be welcoming the aliens.

Iolo: What a coincidence...the ether will be totally gone five minutes after that.

Lord British: Oh, stop that evil alien stuff, Iolo, nobody's going to believe you.

Iolo: Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna get the last laugh anyway...I love this script.

Geoffrey the Captain of the Guard walks into the room.

Geoffrey: The welcoming is starting now...come on, you don't want to miss it.

Everybody walks outside. A few small dragons with men riding on them are about to take off.

Geoffrey: These are our specialized welcoming dragons. They'll fly up to the part of the ship that looks like the front ( the part with the two big domes ) and flash their lights there. Look, it's starting now!

The dragons take off and fly between the two domes. They start their typical little show when suddenly a space opens between the two domes and a gas comes out. The dragons instantly explode.

Lord British: D'owe!!!

Iolo: Told you so!!!

Infinitron Dragon: SPAMEM SPAMEM SPAMEM!!!

Geoffrey: Come everybody! I prepared a giant escape dragon if something like this happens.

A gigantic crowd runs toward the dragon.

Trinsic
The alien ship turns around until its two domes are facing downwards.

UFO Hippies: It's ugly!!! Not to mention smelly!

The two domes and suddenly a giant brown laser is shot down.

The whole city starts exploding. Everybody runs toward their cars. A traffic jam is formed but is quickly disolved by the chaotic explosions.

Smith: Hmmm...I wonder what's worse...traffic jams or evil aliens? What a question - traffic jams of course.

Smith reaches for his portable ether-phone.

Smith: Where's Dr. Rudyom? What do you mean he's not available? For 300 gold coins an hour he better be available! Who is this anyway? Oh!!! I always wanted to know who that little drake is!

Cove
Nastassia is talking with her fellow shrine keepers.

Nastassia: So, how did the day go?

Typical Shrine Keeper: Pretty slow...only 5 heros tried to hit on me.

Nastassia: Oh well...what do you think about those alien ships?

Typical Shrine Keeper: They're our friends. They shall reveal the cosmic secrets of the universe to us!

Nastassia: You don't need them for that! That's what the Ultima Dragons website is for! Let's go out and see what they're doing.

They all walk out. The alien ships turn around so that the two domes are facing downwards. A space opens between them and a big brown laser is shot from it. Again, the whole town starts exploding. Nastassia runs away.

Nastassia: ( after a stereotypic female scream ) Now how do you access that bathroom? I know - VAS AH MU CHBE TTER!!!

Nastassia appears in an underground bathroom where she faints.

Britain
Geoffrey, Lord British, Iolo, Shamino and Gwenno climb onto a gigantic dragon, along with a hundred more nameless citizens. The dragon starts running. Meanwhile, the alien ship does the same stunt ( I'm tired of writing that again and again ) and Castle British blows up, the whole city following the same fate shortly after. The gigantic dragon manages to get away before the explosions get anywhere close to him. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I have struck a blow to stereotypes everywhere!!!

Oblivion Dragon: Oh come on...surely you could make a better description than that!

Lord British: My castle! My people! My land! My Playbo...um, never mind...at least Sherry is with me!

Sherry the Mouse: Ugh!!! Did you have to put me in your sleeve? It stinks in here!

Iolo: I can't resist it - TOLD YA SO!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Shamino punches Iolo in the stomach.

Shamino: Owwwie!!! Ummm...I mean - Shut up Iolo!

Iolo: Hmmm...I guess those aliens aren't as friendly as we thought.

Geoffrey: I've seen Lord British even less friendly when I touched his fork.

Iolo: Yeah and the same with Gwenno when somebody touches her precious vases.

Gwenno punches Iolo in the stomach.

Iolo: Enough with the punches already!!!

Suddenly, a voice is heard.

Voice: Welcome to the Jumbo Dragon 747 and a half! We hope you will enjoy your ride. Meals will be served in three hours. Tonight's movie will be "Star Trek - The Quest for the Next Episode". Don't forget to fasten your seatbelts. Have a nice day.

Geoffrey: So, where are we going to go now?

Iolo: Well, we need to go somewhere where we can find something to combat those aliens. Where is the most advanced technology in this medieval dump?

Shamino: I think the most advanced technology here is this red moongate back to Earth. Let's use it!

Lord British: We can't leave Britannia in it's time of need!

Gwenno: Sounds good to me!

Iolo: For once we agree!

Shamino: Lord British is right...if we don't defeat the aliens here we'll have to defeat them on Earth...and besides, the author of this dumb story wants to get to the explosions as soon as possible.

Iolo: How about all that hi-tech stuff from the Age of Darkness?

Lord British: It was destroyed, I'm afraid. I thought it might be dangerous in the wrong hands so I ordered it to be destroyed.

Geoffrey: Uh, sir, I'm not quite so sure about that.

Lord British: What?

Geoffrey: Uh, sir...the technology from the Age of Darkness was hidden in a secret vault in the Weyrmount.

Lord British: The Weyrmount?!

Geoffrey: Yes. One of the artifacts was a fusion pistol which the dragons seemed to like to use on each other...so we kept them there. With all those dragons there, it is a safe place! We thought we might need it someday.

Lord British: Well then, I would normally be angry at you, but I guess we need the technology now. Set course to the Weyrmount!

Shamino: I hope the dragons are feeling helpful today...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Main Alien Ship
The Guardian is sitting with a bunch of goblins, planning his invasion.

Guardian: Soon, Britannia shall be mine!

Goblins: Yes Master!

Guardian: I shall slay the Avatar with my bare behind and fill their land with my putrid, disgusting smells.

Guardian: I expect the Britannians shall try to fight back with their puny dragons. But we will crush them! Our gases shall fill their world with pestilence! Our droppings shall make their world reek of dead fish and rotten tomatos! Our bared armpits shall make the them puke in disgust! Come, let us fill this world with our sacred stench!

Guardian: Stop saying that!

Guardian: Are you stupid?

Guardian: When's the last time you ate magenta-colored chocolate?

Guardian: Are you ever going to say something else?

Goblins: No Master!

Guardian: It's so hard to find good hordes these days...

That's the end of the first day! Stay tuned for the second smelly, idiotic, wonderful episode of Virtuousness Day!!! Infinitron Dragon - out!

better or worse than orc gangbang?

Corvinus

Arcane
How does one let their tastes deteriorate so much to the point that they start fapping to orc gangbangs? I've gotta say, that comic is pure decline in more ways than one

It is indeed a trainwreck, but the real :decline: is the apparent lack of Baldur's Gate play time on the part of some Codexers. The ones doing the pounding are clearly Ogres, not Orcs! :obviously:

Vulpes

Scholar
The dragons take off and fly between the two domes. They start their typical little show when suddenly a space opens between the two domes and a gas comes out.
There were many things I could go through life without knowing and Infinitron being a brapfag was certainly one of them

Mortmal

Arcane
Don't tell me it's not funny that a game that the thread for Cyberpunk 2077, a game with 48 minutes of actual gameplay footage, now has fewer pages than the thread for a game announced two weeks ago where the developers are basically trolling everybody by repeatedly saying absolutely nothing.

Why? Because Baldur's Gate!
Cyberpunk is a cinematic AAA action rpg, its not controversial you know what you are getting and similar gameplay already seen an hundred time before. You cover this,you may as well cover assassin creeds and such . Everyone will play it, but i am not so hyped compared at ,the idea ,of playing a true D&d game. Baldur's gate is supposed to be a true rpg, and as surprising as it is some people are into real rpg even on rpgcodex.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Don't tell me it's not funny that a game that the thread for Cyberpunk 2077, a game with 48 minutes of actual gameplay footage, now has fewer pages than the thread for a game announced two weeks ago where the developers are basically trolling everybody by repeatedly saying absolutely nothing.
If only someone didn't split threads at every chance...

volklore

Arcane
Aren't people making too much of this number of people on the team ? Seems to me Swen dropped the number randomly in a interview. Is that the core team or also counting people working on outsourced assets, WoTC lore police and such ?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Aren't people making too much of this number of people on the team ? Seems to me Swen dropped the number randomly in a interview. Is that the core team or also counting people working on outsourced assets, WoTC lore police and such ?
People making too much from everything and all this because devs refuse to show any gameplay, but promising mountians full of diamonds.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Swen has RNG all wrong way around. He loves to remove it from combat but make itemisation all RNG like a modern hack & slash.

missing%2Bisnt%2Bfun.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Except, you know, it's expected to miss from time to time in D&D. Who decided missing isn't fun? It's part of the system and it makes sense.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Cyberpunk is a cinematic AAA action rpg, its not controversial you know what you are getting and similar gameplay already seen an hundred time before. You cover this,you may as well cover assassin creeds and such . Everyone will play it, but i am not so hyped compared at ,the idea ,of playing a true D&d game.
Baldur's gate is supposed to be a true rpg

"Wake the fuck up adventurer. We have buttkicking to do."

1449397653978.gif

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Except, you know, it's expected to miss from time to time in D&D. Who decided missing isn't fun? It's part of the system and it makes sense.

I will post again my favourite picture in this subject:

9fa.jpg

These people are incapable of understanding risk, chance and statistics. Especially when they try to disconnect real life from its incidental or accidental nature.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Just as long as they don't have a non-existent familial bond by way of her knowing and being friends with his adopted father!
Gorion also doesn't have a familial bond with a female PC, but would a sexual relationship between them be appropriate?

Since people are saying my shit didn't load, again NSFW -

XWfSucq.jpg
Someone spent hours of their life drawing this.

I was going to guess minutes, but ok. :negative:
Every female party member in every BG is included in this comic + a female PC and female Edwin. So yeah, hours is a very conservative estimate.

I was using hyperbole to comment on the low quality of the art (even by fan porn standards), but ok.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In a future episode of the Who wants to be a Spiritual Successor? soap opera, Swen Vincke explains to Josh Sawyer what fun is, and then Josh's games stop failing.

Meanwhile, my wife who has just recently discovered Arcanum, claims she will forever remember her critical miss against a wolf where her character dropped her revolver and fell flat on the ground. The comical effect of hopes of shining success being broken by cruel RNG and you fail miserably instead.

Explain that, Swen.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Casuals have been complaining about player characters missing for decades, why are you guys acting like this is some controversial statement that needs a citation. :M

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
they can replicate the damage output curve that accuracy creates very easily by just adjusting damage. its an easy math problem

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
There are no random numbers in Baldur’s Gate 3.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I was using hyperbole to comment on the low quality of the art (even by fan porn standards), but ok.

Oh, quite the contrary, I'd argue it's a masterpiece of bizarro art. I don't actually know how to classify it. It's definitely the funniest rule 34 I've come across.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Chance to miss is tied to chance to hit which is inherently tied to players freedom to make rpg mechanics work for them on many levels. I am not sure why developers try to take away from that.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are we still doing 'Country Roads' lyrics by John Denver?.

Almost heaven,
west of Cormyr,
north of the cloudpeak mountains
along the Chionthar river

Tried to find my wife there
before they got to BG threeee
I was blue-balled in the mountains
waved away like a river breeze

Bg threeee, take me home
to a place where my kid belongs
not as a prisoner, not as a farmer
bring it home, BG threeee

Hazy memories, of Edwina
a newfound lady; I emptied my balls in her
she woke up dusky, legs and eyes in the sky
rosy-cheeked with moonshine, and a tear-drop in his eye

Bg threeee, take me home
to a place where my kid belongs
not as a prisoner, not as a farmer
bring it home, BG threeeee

I hear Edwina's voice, in the morning hour he calls me,
and a ghostly voice reminds me of my home far away
running screaming down the road I get a feeling that I lost to that spell yesterday, yesterdaaaaaay

Now I'm on, another road
I got for priaprism Jaheira, and bluer balls for Viconia
but they told me; you know Bhaal's your papa, and definately; Ravel's yoouur mamma

Now I've only got, just one last road,
to find a place, where my kid belongs
forget Jaheira, forget Viconia
'cause Imoens my sister, 'an I think I love her

I hear Imoens voice in the morning hour she calls me, and she knows just who is her daddy
and our kid might be ready for that next home far away
but starting down that road I get a feelin' that I should have kept my balls blue yesterday, yesterdaaaaaay

So if we go down this road
and it's a place, we've been befoooorrrrre
and before the fallout, my kid's born spazzed out
at least nobody will know, we went down that road,
nobody will know, yeah; nobody will knoooowwwww

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Meanwhile, my wife who has just recently discovered Arcanum, claims she will forever remember her critical miss against a wolf where her character dropped her revolver and fell flat on the ground. The comical effect of hopes of shining success being broken by cruel RNG and you fail miserably instead.

Explain that, Swen.
There's nothing like the remorseless dice that landed on a 1.

WNuLDES.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom