Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw - hard rock spacing sequel

curry

Arcane
I don't understand why they picked a 40year old woman as main character. Men play these games (a huge majority). Men like to play with male characters or hot chicks. Almost nobody cares to play as 40 something woman with set personality.

I bet you bawled your eyes out when you realized you can't actually be a dragon in Dragon Age.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't understand why they picked a 40year old woman as main character. Men play these games (a huge majority). Men like to play with male characters or hot chicks. Almost nobody cares to play as 40 something woman with set personality.

I bet you bawled your eyes out when you realized you can't actually be a dragon in Dragon Age.
XLjfwDe.jpg

Plaguecrafter

Novice

Wait, you can't!? That game sucks!

:fight:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Missing projected release dates by at least a year, while nothing new, is absolutely rampant at this juncture. I can't tell you how many games on my Steam wishlist that were labeled "Coming 2018 or Q1/2/3/4 2018" throughout 2018 still have yet to be released.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So, the one-year Epic exclusive period started when they announced it, right? RIGHT?!?!

Yosharian

Arcane
Well, studies apparently find that female characters work better than male characters, because men are mostly indifferent about whether they play as a dude or a hot chick, while women overwhelmingly prefer playing as women. Not sure which demographic this one was aimed at, but let's be honest: The exact details of the character are almost wholly irrelevant, because nearly all of the gameplay will be spent looking at the character's spacesuited hand, and the only time you're going to encounter her as a person is in a cutscene. Since this is apparently a preestablished lore character, it fits, even if she's not "ideal marketing demographic".
Not true. Did you watch that video of the latest Dev stream? She keeps commenting on stuff during gameplay.
If she's a cool character, I don't mind. Question is, is she a cool character, or a rushed diversity cardboard cut-out?

Edit: oh, Epic Games exclusive? Never mind then, I'll check back in 12 months to see if this game turned out to be shit or not

Last edited:
Beyond the Epic store bullshit there's just something about this game that seems ever so slightly off to me. Little things about it bug me. The fact all the stars just look like lights and space itself just looks like a bad practical effect. The floatyness of the spaceships. The insistence by the dev in every other gameplay video that the game plays best with a controller as opposed to a HOTAS set up. The game doesn't just look shallow. It feels shallow. It feels inconsequential like it doesn't care about it's own setting and atmosphere but as an afterthought is "wacky lolsorandom firefly is the best omg". The whole thing just comes off as infantile. It's not really meant for grown up old fucks like me. It's feels like it doesn't care about being a real space sim on the level of X or Elite. I'm still looking for that game that hits the sweet spot of the simple but satisfying gameplay of Freelancer but the depth and reactivity of X. Maybe Underspace will be that game. But this game can fuck off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom