Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Curratum

Ok, has anyone got to the very early and obviously foreshadowed boss fight in the lower right part of the map? Because this shit is just dumb.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Finally found the ultimate teleports behind you katana technique :obviously:

Jinrai

646 + Attack

Hold down for full screen range to slice through multiple enemies :obviously:

Curratum

So basically, map at 78.20% completion, got three locked doors that need named keys, no keys for them. Got ONE named key and no door that matches it. There are no connecting gaps or unexplored spaces on my map.

Been at this for 2 hours. At this point, I'm opening up a guide... :negative:

Perkel

Arcane
Just read that they will release rogue like mode in future... and 2 additional characters to play with and.. co-op...

This shapes to be best igavania if they deliver above.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
One thing I don't like about Bloodstained is how often I get stumped about what to do next. This is normal for all Metroidvanias, sure, but usually its that you start to explore, find new areas, some too hard, go to easier ones, explore more, until it seems you have done everything you could. Then you get another major upgrade that opens a lot more areas and so on. In Bloodstained on the other hand, it felt like this loop was far smaller, I often had no clue what to do next, and then when I got a major new upgrade and tried it one the few areas I couldn't go to, it was a pretty big disappointment where you could go to next. And some stuff, like why get the train entry card from the Librarian or killing the jelly fish to get the water movement upgrade, are far too esoteric for its own good

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's because unlike most metroidvanias Bloodstained is linear as shit, at least from what I've seen so far.

Perkel

Arcane
True. I think that they could do better job with leaving more stuff to uncover via new skills.

I feel like they were trapped by old thinking. So you had only certain skills you need which you get from bosses instead of doing it more rogue like. Yes boss would guarantee you certain skill but you should also be able to get that skill from some other monster.
So for example you have ice wall to get by and you either would need to defeat boss B or you could find some fire skill.

I think this is wasted opportunity for such stuff and it is indeed weird when you suddenly need skill from fish instead of boss to progress in water.

Either way amazing game for their first game with new studio. Hopefully B2 will knock it out of park and surely judging by response and sales they would have plenty of money to reinvest it in B2 and improve it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So basically, map at 78.20% completion, got three locked doors that need named keys, no keys for them. Got ONE named key and no door that matches it. There are no connecting gaps or unexplored spaces on my map.

Been at this for 2 hours. At this point, I'm opening up a guide... :negative:

Another section where I was stumped, if its after you get the invert shard but have no clue what to do next.
Basically you need the Aegis plate to get through the spiked section in the top-left in the Dian Cecht Cathedral. The Aegis plate is in the double twin dragon tower you can only reach via the invert shard, but the problem is that the section where it is is easily marked by not reaching that specific spot, so you have no idea something is hiding there.

This video shows where to go exactly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2noAXOxe14s

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Does anyone know what's key item between Very Fine Equipment/R and Ramen/R? It's only one I'm missing :negative:

EDIT: Found it

It's Legendary Equipment, found in the upper left corner of the hall before Gebel.

Last edited:

Silentstorm

Learned
Bloodstained:Ritual Of The Night, the game for people who remember a time where games were cryptic and you spent quite a while just looking around with no idea on what to do!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wow, this was even more harebrained. The puzzle logic in this game reminds me of old adventures. Not praise

After you get the weapon from Zangetsu after the 2nd fight with him
go to Gebel, invert the screen, try not to kill him and cut the moon (after it turns red) with the weapon you got from Zangetsu, afterwards go place in the Garden of Silence where in the beginning of the game a red moon was also very prominent on display, cut that one as well

Curratum

Motherfucking hell, man... I clicked the spoiler frivolously. I would have NEVER done that, even after spending another 20 hours with the game.

As for the Aegis, I had it and I went through the areas it enables and still couldn't find my way through the lab. I missed a portal and couldn't get to the upper portion. :(

Curratum

This game can fuck right off. There's so much amazing boss shit and then you get hit with the Carpenter which is absolute bollocks. There is no save room near so you have to do the long shitty run from either the save room next to Z2 or up from the green warp room, which is even worse. The boss room is cramped to less that one screen, the already small space is constantly filled with effects from both my attacks and his, the fight has AoE boss moves that take up 75% of the already very limited space and pretty much force you into him.

There is a lot of fun to be had with this game but this shitty fight is not it. Just buy 5 big potions and hope RNG is on your side, I suppose... :mixedemotions:

Perkel

Arcane
Fights like those force you to change a bit your setup.
My idea for fight was basically place flytraps and then invert gravity and if he summons stuff kill it.

Curratum

I kept entering his room already inverted and the game reverts back to normal, so I assumed you can't do that in that fight... :|

Thanks for the tips!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Guys, what was your weapon progression in the game?

I started out with Lethal Boots, then switched to Harpe when it was available, then bought the Schedar and used that later to craft the Durandal which I had until the end. Tried others in between, but nothing quite fit the same mix of attack power and speed

Curratum

I played with the flying blade at the very least for 50% of the game. So cheesy and cheap, it's not even funny! :D

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Yeah, I don't know what the point of the shadow clone was, never used that ability in the whole game

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Mostly using katanas, obviously :obviously:

Now that I'm at the end and hunting for all the remaining shards and items I've missed, I'm using Crissaegrim Rhava Vela for speed and effectiveness. Aside from that, I kill most stuff with spells or since there are many cool and powerful ones and fits Miriam anyway :love:

Next playthrough I probably do full melee for challenge. Boots look cool.

IceyD

Scholar
I don't think the Aegis armor location is TOO absurd. When you get invert you're basically looking on the map for unexplored ceilings, and the twin dragons tower is obviously waiting to be filled out.

Slicing the moon is some bs though.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The problem is, with the way the tower works, that the map space where the armor is was filled in by moving a bit into that space from a different angle (just go up and left in the tower from the upper exit), so I didn't even knew something was missing there

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I found the Aegis armor by accident when I got Invert and started autistically filling all the blank spaces on the map :shittydog:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom