Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Efe

Erudite
hes too emotional on this subject.. you cant expect him to actually digest what he read.

Nyast

Cipher
Console version seems rock solid !

Uaconsoleplayer
1h
Hello, I’d like to first say I really appreciate UA coming to console, i’m a huge fan of the genre. However, I bought the game on day one after having done some research on the current build, which seemed to be looking solid, yet within the first couple of hours it became evident that there is a severe lack of optimisation (disappearing inventory is particularly bad). I’d be grateful for any info as to what we can expect in terms of patch timeframes. Cheers.

Gord

Arcane
Another few pages and maybe 1,000 hours more verification that it's shit and the thread title can change.

I think we need a special tag/rating/smilie for such threads/people.
I propose this:
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3NS82NDUvb3JpZ2luYWwvY2VsZXJ5LmpwZw==

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That is just Stockholm Syndrome talking.

I finally got around to playing Underworld: Ascendant based on your recommendation and so far I’m loving it. Why does this game get so much hate? It’s an immersive-sim with Thief-like stealth. What’s not to love?
ReeeeePG Codex jumped on it a good year before launch. The 'bomb' narrative was pre-loaded, from that point. It was still a great game at launch, but janky. Now it's fixed, and the Codex moved on to the next drama du jour instead of giving Otherside props for making it right.

Imagine the Codex having this much of an influence on whether something bombs or not.

Max Heap

Arcane

Imagine the Codex having this much of an influence on whether something bombs or not.

Imagine being so deranged you'd honestly believe this game was "great" at launch. I was never too much into RF's content because the constant political commentary is annoying as fuck, but this is outright delusional. For crying out loud, the game was so unfinished some magazines even refused to review it!

To say it with one of the games many janky, broken mechanics: That's a feat!
Cause a bad review score is one thing, but you gotta put some extra elbow grease into not even getting a review score.
And it is absolutely deserved too. I should know. I played through the whole game even before the first patch.
In fact, calling that a game, rather than a test of patience is in itself a daring statement.

Now I wanna look at the new patches and do another run, but I can't even bring myself to playing it again. I can't look at it anymore!
I have literally overplayed this god damn game.

This has only ever happened to me once before, and that was with HoMM2.
The difference is: I overplayed HoMM2 because it is so god damn good and pretty. With UA it's the other way around.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
That is just Stockholm Syndrome talking.

I finally got around to playing Underworld: Ascendant based on your recommendation and so far I’m loving it. Why does this game get so much hate? It’s an immersive-sim with Thief-like stealth. What’s not to love?
ReeeeePG Codex jumped on it a good year before launch. The 'bomb' narrative was pre-loaded, from that point. It was still a great game at launch, but janky. Now it's fixed, and the Codex moved on to the next drama du jour instead of giving Otherside props for making it right.

Him and reality don't get along. It's obvious now.
And mandatory lol at "now it's fixed". Also, we were wrong all this time, we should congratulate OS for "making it right". Unbelievable, this fucking guy.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Imagine being so deranged you'd honestly believe this game was "great" at launch. I was never too much into RF's content because the constant political commentary is annoying as fuck, but this is outright delusional. For crying out loud, the game was so unfinished some magazines even refused to review it!

Cause a bad review score is one thing, but you gotta put some extra elbow grease into not even getting a review score.
And it is absolutely deserved too. I should know. I played through the whole game even before the first patch.
In fact, calling that a game, rather than a test of patience is in itself a daring statement.

Now I wanna look at the new patches and do another run, but I can't even bring myself to playing it again. I can't look at it anymore!

The difference is: I overplayed HoMM2 because it is so god damn good and pretty. With UA it's the other way around.

I too played UA before the first patch and left my impressions in this thread, way back. I have no desire to play through it again even if they did improve it although I don't know how would they be able to considering it had some fundamental flaws. It was hard to even call it a game and yes I read that article in which the reviewer refused to give a score because this thing wasn't finished and in a deplorable state, thus not reviewable.
Anyway I have never witnessed a disaster of such proportions in gaming until now. This is equaled or surpassed only by Fallout 76 and all its issues. These 2 are absolute shit shows.
Edit: typos.

Silentstorm

Learned
So, what are the chances that the developer will be able to make System Shock 3 or continue to exist for long?

It feels like they were just riding on the reputation of their members so much they didn't try to make a good game, or one that was finished or worked properly.

And yes, there are many incomplete games you can play, on Steam there are early acess games...which, by their definition, outright tell you they are incomplete and may change, they don't pretend to be complete and a lot of developers, if they release early acess games, tend to release the games with a lot of content and a decent if not good level of polish(there are always exceptions) making those people trying to sell incomplete games better than UA's developer.

Codex Year of the Donut
At this point I'd suggest they find a way to blame gamers/gamergate for their game failing, game journos would fall over themselves to give them positive coverage.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands

So... UA is so god damn pretty and good?

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom