Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

meatface

Novice
I picked this up and want to go into it mostly blind, as I'd like to actually try and roleplay a character (rather than do the homework and min-max a build), but I can't help asking if there are any absolute must-have or must-avoid stats/classes/etc. I'm hoping to play on Challenging mode, but I heard some rumblings about uneven difficulty, at least in the original reviews of the game -- is it reasonable for a first playthrough?

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

Reinhardt

Arcane
Can't stack like 5 puddles of Laughter on the ground, though. The best combination really is to cast a bunch of grease first, throw a web or two, and then when the combat starts to try to use Hideous Laughter on him.
My naked samurai girl, Valerie, Amiri, Jaethal and Linzi found this post very helpful.

Reinhardt

Arcane
All your retarded opinions are complete shit.
You like POE and spend your time writing guides about it. Nuff said.
I don't like PoE and that's verifiable, but you can't deny you are a genuine Trump fanboy.
npdaxba6doh11.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
When's the next step for the Depths in story mode? Just finished Season of Bloom but the dungeon is still blocked.

Durrr, it resolved itself just now.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Kingmaker is a better game than either BG or BG2, only IE game that I would maaaaaybe rank over Kingmaker is IWD; come at me bros.
Naaah. Kangmaker is up there but I'd still rate BG2 the highest. Nostalgia's a bitch. *sips*
BG1 was and is always superior to BG2 in almost all ways except technologically and mechanically.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Kingmaker is a better game than either BG or BG2, only IE game that I would maaaaaybe rank over Kingmaker is IWD; come at me bros.
Naaah. Kangmaker is up there but I'd still rate BG2 the highest. Nostalgia's a bitch. *sips*
BG1 was and is always superior to BG2 in almost all ways except technologically and mechanically.
BG1 is sucks.
You is sucks.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
No u. But seriously BG1 is fucking boring isometric, with too many wilderness area’s with boring exploration and boring bestiary. Gold Box is better.
:M

hell bovine

Arcane
I picked this up and want to go into it mostly blind, as I'd like to actually try and roleplay a character (rather than do the homework and min-max a build), but I can't help asking if there are any absolute must-have or must-avoid stats/classes/etc. I'm hoping to play on Challenging mode, but I heard some rumblings about uneven difficulty, at least in the original reviews of the game -- is it reasonable for a first playthrough?
You can go with whatever class you like, because apart from the premade companions that you have to gather like Pokemons find and recruit, you can make your own hirelings for $$$. At worst you'll struggle through the prologue, because you start out with a bard and a sorcerer, but later any shortcomings of your main character can be made up by the party.

The only class I'd stay away from is the mystic theurge, because with spellcasters it's a race to get to the higher level spells asap. However, arcane trickster works for wizards, because effectively you need only one level of rogue plus a feat to qualify.

Things that make the game easier, while not requiring much understanding of the system: animal companions (if in doubt, pick the one with the highest ac) and alchemist bombs.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
because effectively you need only one level of rogue plus a feat to qualify.
You should take a lvl of vivi though which let's you qualify just as well and has the advantage of mutagen and a bunch of spell slots where you can shove true strikes in even if you take divination as forbidden school on wizard. Also, you can cast vivi scrolls without UMD check (heal etc).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You should take a lvl of vivi though which let's you qualify just as well and has the advantage of mutagen and a bunch of spell slots where you can shove true strikes in even if you take divination as forbidden school on wizard. Also, you can cast vivi scrolls without UMD check (heal etc).
Yeah, from an optimization perspective, there's very little reason not to take Vivisectionist instead of Rogue. In the TTRPG, Alchemists do not count as spellcasters, tho, and I was told that they didn't in PF:K either, but if they do, man that's great.

hell bovine

Arcane
I agree, but I was thinking more of Octavia, since she's the only wizard companion and already has one level of rogue.

meatface

Novice
You can go with whatever class you like, because apart from the premade companions that you have to gather like Pokemons find and recruit, you can make your own hirelings for $$$. At worst you'll struggle through the prologue, because you start out with a bard and a sorcerer, but later any shortcomings of your main character can be made up by the party.

The only class I'd stay away from is the mystic theurge, because with spellcasters it's a race to get to the higher level spells asap. However, arcane trickster works for wizards, because effectively you need only one level of rogue plus a feat to qualify.

Things that make the game easier, while not requiring much understanding of the system: animal companions (if in doubt, pick the one with the highest ac) and alchemist bombs.

That's reassuring, thanks! After spending a good 3 hours of hand-wringing in character creation, I still can't decide between one of the monks, an INT or WIS sorcerer, or a knife master, so I'll just sleep on it for now. I've never played a Pathfinder game before either, which makes the whole multiclassing system a bit daunting, so I'm guessing I should stick to a single class, rather than risk wrecking my character while trying to get fancy. But damn, this looks like a fantastic game for anyone who enjoys tinkering with character builds (so long as the actual gameplay is decent, haha).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
All your retarded opinions are complete shit.
You like POE and spend your time writing guides about it. Nuff said.
I don't like PoE and that's verifiable, but you can't deny you are a genuine Trump fanboy.
So "verifiable" it's belied by your signature :lol: (I hate this game so much I'll make mods for it and write guides about it!)

And so assblasted you bring up politics :P
Eh, dumbfucks never change... I've neither made mods nor written guides. If you could read, you would know that.

EDIT: I don't "bring up politics", I bring up proof of how retarded you are, in case there is anyone left who hasn't noticed that. I'm sure you have many other traits that demonstrate you are a moron, this is just one you've manifested on the Codex.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom