Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Obsidian having two framed copies of their webby nomination that they didn't win is just pathetic.

Flou

Arbiter
Probably was fired for not listing preferred pronouns on twitter.

Everyone should just go around the whole pronoun thing by doing what we Finns do: Just use one (and the same) word to describe both he/she. Prounouns eliminated and no butthurt to be seen, unless someone switches the language to English or Swedish...

DS3 has pretty great writing for a consoletard couch co-op game. It’s also one of the only video games that I’ve ever played that pretty much steadily improves up until the very end of the game instead of frontloading all the quality content.

Duraframe300

Arcane
DS3 has pretty great writing for a consoletard couch co-op game. It’s also one of the only video games that I’ve ever played that pretty much steadily improves up until the very end of the game instead of frontloading all the quality content.

Agreed, its also the only Obsidian game that is really fun gameplay wise. (As long as you're not playing online)

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Agreed, its also the only Obsidian game that is really fun gameplay wise. (As long as you're not playing online)

I'm also always impressed, how interesting the loretexts made the world. Can't lay my finger on it, but Dungeon Siege 3 made me want to see a fantasyworld created by Obsidian. Would've liked to see more steampunk, like in Stonebridge, but oh well *shrug.* The time of another Arcanum will come.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
"good old obsidian" is responsible for shit like dungeon siege 3
Ahhh petty little american,you take their worst game and give it as an example,you must be pretty sad dude.
Tyranny was their worst game.
Maybe,it was pretty unfinished,it felt like a third of game.
It was also incredibly dull, in my opinion. I've never finished dungeon siege 3, nor tyranny, but I got further in dungeon siege 3 than I did the latter.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
"good old obsidian" is responsible for shit like dungeon siege 3
Ahhh petty little american,you take their worst game and give it as an example,you must be pretty sad dude.
Tyranny was their worst game.
Maybe,it was pretty unfinished,it felt like a third of game.
It was also incredibly dull, in my opinion. I've never finished dungeon siege 3, nor tyranny, but I got further in dungeon siege 3 than I did the latter.
Oh i finished them both,but i managed to replay half of ds3 before getting bored. Have no intentions to replay tranny. Soooo fair point.

Yeah the gameplay was surprisingly solid for an OES game. Progression systems were quite well done as well, I recall. I do think it's a bit of a darkly comic irony that OES managed to create a far more memorable antagonist for their slam-dunk contracted sequel than for their Kickstarted "no publisher will inhibit our creativity or vision" project.

Also to be fair, when I say the game steadily increases in quality all the way through, a large portion of that is because the beginning of the game is kind of shit.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Crossposting this from the Pillars thread

So, is this semi-confirmation that she is working on the new Pillars?

So

Matthew Perez + Kate Dollarhyde = New Pillars
Adam Brennecke + Brandon Adler = BIG Microsoft Project (Wonder who the Lead Writer is)

Xeon

Augur
Obsidian still want to make another PoE so soon? I thought they will transition into AA/A for a while before making another cRPG again.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it's possible she wanted to check on some technical things, like composition and scripts, than actual content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom