Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #61: Expedition expansion releasing on July 22nd

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
10$ is too cheap. make it $15 at least.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
10$ is too cheap. make it $15 at least.

Nothing stopping Styg from offering the game at a normal price and an alternative dev support price, several games are doing exactly that these days.

The other possibility for support is always to get two copies and make some beggars in Giftstravaganza happy.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
I'm guessing this game should be huge, size/mechanics-wise might come close to the original?

There's about 200 new areas, as well as lots of new dialog and lore. It's not quite as big as the base game, but I can't think of any modern DLC that comes close to the size of Expedition.

Styg Are there any plans for a Directors Cut version (Definitive version etc) of the game after? So i can throw more moneys at you - (((igra je vrh)))

Maybe once we're done expanding the game in this or that way - then it might make sense to make one ultimate version with some bonus material for the collectors.

WTF Styg, I would easily pay twice that price! And I'm a resident of a fucked-up third world country. You don't like my money?

:takemymoney:

But seriously, do you have any reason to choose this value? I'm thinking it's really pretty cheap for the amount of content you seem to be offering.

I appreciate the sentiment and I'm sure that many of the monocled people feel the same, but keep in mind that you guys are a global minority.

The price of the base game is not what I believe the game to be worth, but what I decided would be passable regarding the audio-visual production values and the state of the game market at the time of release (the base game used to be $10 in alpha, some of you may remember, before it was bumped up on release) and I think I ultimately made the right decision there financially. And, as someone suggested, $10 for a DLC is pretty much the highest you can reasonably go for a game that only costs $15.

In the future we might explore options for people who want to pay more just out of appreciation of our work, but for now we're content with people purchasing the game at full price.

I have not followed this at all cause it's an expansion so I'm going to be super lazy and ask:
Is it possible to create a character smack dab in the expansion with the appropriate level and some gear and not have to play the rest of the game? Or not?

No.

Styg How many hours of content?

I'm not sure how long a regular playthrough might take, but I would be surprise if it's not at least 20 hours. Also, there's value to replaying the expansion as well.

Me too. Will there be more coming in the future or is this the last addition to the game?

There will be more regular (free) updates to the base game in the future (some of the work has already been done), as well as at least one more paid DLC. I'll write more about our future plans once the DLC is out.

Do you know whether the saves from mid-late portion of the game (level 20) will fit nicely with this DLC? Or should one leave it for the 2nd playthrough?

Some of the content might be a bit too easy for you at that level, but it should become challenging near the end of it.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
In the future we might explore options for people who want to pay more just out of appreciation of our work
One can always buy more copies of your game, even buy it at several places (I assume you get the same amount whether we buy it on GOG or on Steam) so I don't think that something like this is necessary. And yeah, 10$ for a DLC for a game like yours seems optimal, especially considering that it's a middle game expansion so we'll have to play the game from the start again to see new content.

Black Angel

Arcane
I'm guessing this game should be huge, size/mechanics-wise might come close to the original?

There's about 200 new areas, as well as lots of new dialog and lore. It's not quite as big as the base game, but I can't think of any modern DLC that comes close to the size of Expedition.
Woah, even Blood and Wine? Haven't played Witcher 3 but from second-hand accounts it seems that one is touted as a whole new game being sold as a DLC by general audience.

Maybe once we're done expanding the game in this or that way - then it might make sense to make one ultimate version with some bonus material for the collectors.
:takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney:

as well as at least one more paid DLC. I'll write more about our future plans once the DLC is out.
Got ninja'd by commie, but fuck it!

A new expansion planned for 2022 release, bros! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Drowed

Arcane
In the future we might explore options for people who want to pay more just out of appreciation of our work, but for now we're content with people purchasing the game at full price.

ATOM did this, with the Supporter Pack. I'm not telling you to do this, or at least not literally the same way, but it's an idea. Put some high-resolution wallpapers, some conceptual arts or PDFs with curiosities of things from the creation/design of the game, maybe some other extras and done.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
ATOM did this, with the Supporter Pack. I'm not telling you to do this, or at least not literally the same way, but it's an idea. Put some high-resolution wallpapers, some conceptual arts or PDFs with curiosities of things from the creation/design of the game, maybe some other extras and done.

what is this? Triple A faggotry

jokes aside, first we hope you guys love it and appreciate the work we put in, there is going to be a complete version with the base game and for the future we will see. We just don't have time for those things to be at a good quality until the release, rather test the game out so there are no terrible bugs.

We appreciate if you guys spread the word, like, subsc... (leave a positive review) and the most important enjoy our game

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Styg: "....at least one more paid DLC"

People who was thinking that they will playing final version of the game this summer without waiting another couple of years: "Fuck."

Me, while planing my next playthrough: "Jokes on you, that means one more reason to replay game later, Hell, maybe final DLC will be on my retirement."

CrazyMode

Novice
as well as at least one more paid DLC.

Goddammit! Looks like I won't be able to start the damn game for a definitive playthrough until 2022!
A new expansion planned for 2022 release, bros!

Soooo naive...
There is, at least, cyberpunk 2077 in 2020.
Styg, of course, man of steel, have balls hard as diamond and hand blessed by Jesus himself...
But i don't think he ignore this product.
So its 2023 more likely.

offtopic:
Hey Styg, do you wait CP2077?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Bonus question: anyone know if Underrail uses Steam Cloud?
Got around 40H on an old computer, hope the damn thing still boots up...

EDIT: according to 2015 Styg it doesnt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom