Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
An accurate depiction of one genre veteran's face upon encountering "Kingdom Management" in early Chapter II. ^ ^

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
All your retarded opinions are complete shit.
You like POE and spend your time writing guides about it. Nuff said.
I don't like PoE and that's verifiable, but you can't deny you are a genuine Trump fanboy.
So "verifiable" it's belied by your signature :lol: (I hate this game so much I'll make mods for it and write guides about it!)

And so assblasted you bring up politics :P
Eh, dumbfucks never change... I've neither made mods nor written guides. If you could read, you would know that.

EDIT: I don't "bring up politics", I bring up proof of how retarded you are, in case there is anyone left who hasn't noticed that. I'm sure you have many other traits that demonstrate you are a moron, this is just one you've manifested on the Codex.
Look at you getting homotional.

Shadenuat

Arcane
A few levels of rogue dungon later

ODFNvWH.jpg

heard kleriks sux

x69T9Gj.jpg

well after few levels more I hit level 20 on characters finally and now it's 3 WH monarches (threeeeeee) in single room

I really appreciate Sorcs ability to freely heighten grease or web to level 9. yeah you lose 1 round casting but then wands of quicken exist.

(if you want free trip to dungen level 550 bring Kineticist honestly, I just don't use them due to them being broken)

Sharpedge

Prophet
A few levels of rogue dungon later

ODFNvWH.jpg

heard kleriks sux

x69T9Gj.jpg

well after few levels more I hit level 20 on characters finally and now it's 3 WH monarches (threeeeeee) in single room

I really appreciate Sorcs ability to freely heighten grease or web to level 9. yeah you lose 1 round casting but then wands of quicken exist.

(if you want free trip to dungen level 550 bring Kineticist honestly, I just don't use them due to them being broken)
Just wait till you get 6 of those monarchs in 1 room.

Shadenuat

Arcane
at least it's not summer golems anymore.

did you know they are Plants? Made me re-pick my Ranger enemies since I took Constructs. (although you meet Constructs too) the rest I took fey so he has +10 against fey. neat.

also it's amazing how Ranger can just cast 4th level Aspect of the Wolf and get Trip as Free Action and you can right click it to automate it.

Sharpedge

Prophet
at least it's not summer golems anymore.

did you know they are Plants? Made me re-pick my Ranger enemies since I took Constructs. (although you meet Constructs too)
I did not, that is good to know. Once I got past Wild Hunt btw it was elder elementals for a while. I am not sure why they thought that was harder than wild hunt.

tindrli

Arcane
Bros, whats a current status of this game? i didnt play it at all and im thinking if now is a time to pick it up or i should wait more?

thanx in advance

PsychoFox

Educated
Bros, whats a current status of this game? i didnt play it at all and im thinking if now is a time to pick it up or i should wait more?

thanx in advance
Wait until at least the stutter bug is patched. After more investigation it seems like it affects most people that start a new campaign with Enhanced Edition. The devs are supposedly working on it. If you get affected by it, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to proceed through chapter 2. Keep your money until the game is fixed some more.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
because effectively you need only one level of rogue plus a feat to qualify.
You should take a lvl of vivi though which let's you qualify just as well and has the advantage of mutagen and a bunch of spell slots where you can shove true strikes in even if you take divination as forbidden school on wizard. Also, you can cast vivi scrolls without UMD check (heal etc).
I agree, but I was thinking more of Octavia, since she's the only wizard companion and already has one level of rogue.
I can confirm that Octavia is a p. great Arcane Trickster. Arcane Trickster is usually a shit class, but it works surprisingly well in PF:K because of how sneak attacks work.
damn, politics never used to be in games, especially not planescape torment
This but unironically.

Last edited:

Turuko

Learned
uhm so Monk weapons (es: flaming nunchaku +1) are more indicated for lower lvl or unarmed all the way?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
uhm so Monk weapons (es: flaming nunchaku +1) are more indicated for lower lvl or unarmed all the way?
I'm playing a monk/rogue/fighter with Sais right now, works great. You have to specialize though, a pure monk will wan to stick to unarmed.

hell bovine

Arcane
I picked this up and want to go into it mostly blind, as I'd like to actually try and roleplay a character (rather than do the homework and min-max a build), but I can't help asking if there are any absolute must-have or must-avoid stats/classes/etc. I'm hoping to play on Challenging mode, but I heard some rumblings about uneven difficulty, at least in the original reviews of the game -- is it reasonable for a first playthrough?
You can go with whatever class you like, because apart from the premade companions that you have to gather like Pokemons find and recruit, you can make your own hirelings for $$$. At worst you'll struggle through the prologue, because you start out with a bard and a sorcerer, but later any shortcomings of your main character can be made up by the party.

The only class I'd stay away from is the mystic theurge, because with spellcasters it's a race to get to the higher level spells asap. However, arcane trickster works for wizards, because effectively you need only one level of rogue plus a feat to qualify.

Things that make the game easier, while not requiring much understanding of the system: animal companions (if in doubt, pick the one with the highest ac) and alchemist bombs.

That's reassuring, thanks! After spending a good 3 hours of hand-wringing in character creation, I still can't decide between one of the monks, an INT or WIS sorcerer, or a knife master, so I'll just sleep on it for now. I've never played a Pathfinder game before either, which makes the whole multiclassing system a bit daunting, so I'm guessing I should stick to a single class, rather than risk wrecking my character while trying to get fancy. But damn, this looks like a fantastic game for anyone who enjoys tinkering with character builds (so long as the actual gameplay is decent, haha).
You can't go wrong with a dexterity-based knifemaster, because sneak attack is very easy to trigger. But for an arcane spellcaster the wizard is a bit easier, because you can't change spells with a sorcerer once you've chosen them. Starting from chapter two, you'll get an arcane merchant that sells scrolls, so your wizard will have no problems in completing his spellbook (which was an issue before), which lets you experiment with spells more.

My experience with monks is very limited, so I have no advice here.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm playing a monk/rogue/fighter with Sais right now, works great. You have to specialize though, a pure monk will wan to stick to unarmed.

I splashed 1 level into monk for crane style and flurry with sais for my monk 1/knife master 4/stalker x. Can't complain so far.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just finished a playtrough with all those mods (except zoom and camera) and everything worked fine. Also no bugs encountered, so I say go for it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Turuko

Learned
man fuck this blue skull :roll:
Glitterdust, Remove Fear
don't have either i think
had to consume all alchemist fire and acid bottles, most of the charges of a wand of true strike and a couple of electric resistance scroll

Kind of a shame to burn a True Strike wand on that prankster.

... Unless you use Craft Items mod, I suppose.
Went blind, no mods no builds, only put some portraits
Barely know Pathfinder too
Why they're hard to come by?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom