Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jezal_k23

I haven't played ATOM, but I love that Underrail has a personality and identity of its own beyond "this is a Fallout inspired game".

Technomancer

Liturgist
On the other hand, may there be some additional features/rebalances that alter build viability/synergies of certain skills in the base game, thus suggesting to wait for the expansion to drop?
I'm gonna wait because of that line: "Over 30 new regular feat". Some of them are bound to be low level, I don't want to restart the char mid-game if those new feats will make my build obsolete.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd suggest waiting, it's just a month away.
There's bound to be some balance changes, and as others said you get so many new tools & skills to develop your character build with from the get-go. It ain't just a couple new high-level areas.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
All hyperbolic platitudes of "go play it right GOD DAMN NOW!" aside, would it be advised to wait for the expansion to drop for a first playthrough? On the one had, sounds like the new areas are high level, thus favoring starting now to transition smoothly to the expansion content. On the other hand, may there be some additional features/rebalances that alter build viability/synergies of certain skills in the base game, thus suggesting to wait for the expansion to drop?

It's only a month away, and the content it adds might affect the way you build your character. I'd definitely suggest playing something else in the meantime.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
All hyperbolic platitudes of "go play it right GOD DAMN NOW!" aside, would it be advised to wait for the expansion to drop for a first playthrough?
yeah, wait a bit to get the COMPLETE EXPERIENCE™

I've waited since 2016 when the expansion was announced and I'm not regretting it at all haha

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Are there plans of any new quality of life features such as you walking faster or the ability to zoom in and out so that the game is playable in high resolutions?

Yes and no. You'll probably find out soon enough.:M

only 66% of its recent reviews on steam are positive. Granted, There has been only 21 reviews.

Putting the game on a big sale is like taking drugs and watching the recent review score is what withdrawal must feel like. :negative:

Tygrende

Arbiter
would it be advised to wait for the expansion to drop for a first playthrough?
I would wait if I were you, especially if you want to make a build that focuses on any of the new weapons that will be introduced in the expansion. That is machetes, spears, shotguns and temporal (time) manipulation. It's only a month. Supposedly.

On the other hand, may there be some additional features/rebalances that alter build viability/synergies of certain skills in the base game, thus suggesting to wait for the expansion to drop?
Nothing will become suddenly unviable, but yes, there's a fair amount of new stuff in the base game outside of the Black Sea.

Thanks for all of the insights gents; you've all confirmed my hunch that waiting would be the right course (did someone say temporal manipulation? I need me that shit!).

Looks like it's time for my first playthrough of Dark Sun in the interim then...

Parabalus

Arcane
Nothing will become suddenly unviable, but yes, there's a fair amount of new stuff in the base game outside of the Black Sea.

How's the balance/difficulty in the expansion compared to current live, especially on DOMINATING?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are there plans of any new quality of life features such as you walking faster or the ability to zoom in and out so that the game is playable in high resolutions?
I just played it on low resolution on purpose. :M

Putting the game on a big sale is like taking drugs and watching the recent review score is what withdrawal must feel like. :negative:

But Styg

STYG

W H Y
C A N ' T
I
H A C K
T H E
R O B O T S

Tygrende

Arbiter
Will we finally be able to melt the chromium blades from the mines?
Nope.

How's the balance/difficulty in the expansion compared to current live, especially on DOMINATING?
DOMINATING is DOMINATING. The Black Sea has some of the most difficult fights in the whole game. Especially if you go there at level 15. It should stay challenging even if you go at 25.

Sykar

Arcane
Will we finally be able to melt the chromium blades from the mines?
Nope.

DOMINATING is DOMINATING. The Black Sea has some of the most difficult fights in the whole game. Especially if you go there at level 15. It should stay challenging even if you go at 25.

So no change to the retarded immersion breaking spawn points of certain tougher enemies I see. Disappointing to say the least.

Ent

Savant
So many new builds I want to try. I remember clearing the depot 5 or 6 times before I finally decided on one to play the rest of the game with.

Sykar

Arcane
Has anyone here ever had a problem finding Image Intensifier Tubes? In my current play-through it has not once shown up and I am level 15 by now. Somewhat frustrating, I found more Rapid Reloaders than that, 5 in fact, yet 0 IITs despite extensive extra rounds going all over the map to stores.

hilfazer

Scholar
Has anyone here ever had a problem finding Image Intensifier Tubes? In my current play-through it has not once shown up and I am level 15 by now. Somewhat frustrating, I found more Rapid Reloaders than that, 5 in fact, yet 0 IITs despite extensive extra rounds going all over the map to stores.

I'm not alone!
Yeah, i also had trouble purchasing it. Did a couple of merchant runs and nobody had it. It eventually started to appear in shops.
I was surprised i didn't loot even a single tube before. My level was around 18.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I hated this game at first because of all the running around. But with Speedhack you zip about so running back and forth to town or whatever is really fast. So you can focus on the fun stuff, and the game did a great job of so many things.

Jezal_k23

The walking speed is a big turn off for many people. I don't blame them. A lot of veteran players get around this using cheat engine. This fact has to be acknowledged: people are using hacks to speed up the game. I honestly don't see any reason for this problem not to be addressed in a future patch. It's honestly a big issue and I wouldn't be surprised to find most players in agreement that this is a real problem.

Codex Year of the Donut
The walking speed is a big turn off for many people. I don't blame them. A lot of veteran players get around this using cheat engine. This fact has to be acknowledged: people are using hacks to speed up the game. I honestly don't see any reason for this problem not to be addressed in a future patch. It's honestly a big issue and I wouldn't be surprised to find most players in agreement that this is a real problem.
because wasting the time of your players is a feature or something

Higher Game

Arcane

Of all popamole features, tastefully done fast travel is the one that can be justified the most.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Of all popamole features, tastefully done fast travel is the one that can be justified the most.
boats/train.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom