Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate EE changes - acceptable or not?

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's offensive across the board. I published a mile long list for both IWD and BG.

Fluent prefers the EEs. That should tell you how shit they are.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's offensive across the board. I published a mile long list for both IWD and BG.

My favorite codex moment was when someone wrote a vicious post about Fluent and then quickly deleted it (possibly out of concern for his mental wellbeing, or a fear that they might be feel responsible if he ever does something... drastic).

I feel privileged that I got to see it, before it vanished like tears in the rain.

Codex Year of the Donut
also this UI mod is pretty good but largely incompatible with other UI mods. It's a complete UI overhaul.
TheSentinel
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/50357/mod-dragonspear-ui-v2-41-now-compatible-with-bg2-ee/p1
c7wm6egq4mmn.jpg

dpdxaxqetzvs.jpg

Deleted Member 16721

How do you find time to post on the Codex while running your million-hits-per-day epic blog???

But seriously, I feel today that if I played the originals I would prefer them for the original vision and experience. I have no experience with the originals, but next time I play BG I will play the OG.

Parabalus

Arcane

How do you find time to post on the Codex while running your million-hits-per-day epic blog???

But seriously, I feel today that if I played the originals I would prefer them for the original vision and experience. I have no experience with the originals, but next time I play BG I will play the OG.

Pay them no heed, the Enhanced Edition as it is right now, with the ton of bugfixes as of version 2.5, is a far smoother experience than the OG. Remember that 90% of the complaints are directed towards the new party members, whom you can completely ignore (just like all the others). As for the whole Mizhena fiasco - remember that the priest stronghold quest in Baldur's Gate II had you dealing with a literal cuckold (who calls himself that) and 3 out of 4 answers on what to do was "stay with your wife". So no, weird agendas being pushed here and there isn't anything new, it's just that people have a larger capacity for butthurt.

Keldorn is also a cuck.

Corvinus

Arcane
Pay them no heed, the Enhanced Edition as it is right now, with the ton of bugfixes as of version 2.5, is a far smoother experience than the OG. Remember that 90% of the complaints are directed towards the new party members, whom you can completely ignore (just like all the others). As for the whole Mizhena fiasco - remember that the priest stronghold quest in Baldur's Gate II had you dealing with a literal cuckold (who calls himself that) and 3 out of 4 answers on what to do was "stay with your wife". So no, weird agendas being pushed here and there isn't anything new, it's just that people have a larger capacity for butthurt.

A Furry may see truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Beamdog Apologist can never be forgiven. A Beamdog Apologist will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Beamdog Apologist.

Parabalus

Arcane

Keldorn is also a cuck.

In Keldorn's case it isn't made clear whether his wife actually fucked her lover, or was just spending time with him and building up a relationship. In Glinden's case (the guy from the quest), he literally declares that he is a cuckold.

Talos sure handles that Glinden guy with style:

Glinden‘s wife is unfaithful. Tell him to murder his wife AND her lover. When the Inspector shows up, turn Glinden in. You get 200 gold and 20,000 exp when Vilon returns.

Sentinel

Arcane
Absolutely disgusting. Just another reason for not buying the EE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom