Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Smaug and Lilura argue about Baldur's Gate, RTwP vs TB, etc

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
This whole Codexian infatuation with TB really shows a certain level of entitlement. It's like walking into a gay bar with your ass-cheeks exposed through those cowboy chaps (or whatever they're called) and then being suprised if you get fondled. In all honesty, if Larian keep it RTWP, manage 1/10 of the tone, 50% decent combat on the originals and a half-decent story...I'll probably buy it in a sale.

Feel free to pile on the retard tags - but every one counts as a butthurt one in reply, cause you know it's the best you can hope for. ;)
Are you implying the originals had good combat? Jesus, how can people be this retarded?

Mustawd

This whole Codexian infatuation with TB really shows a certain level of entitlement. It's like walking into a gay bar with your ass-cheeks exposed through those cowboy chaps (or whatever they're called) and then being suprised if you get fondled. In all honesty, if Larian keep it RTWP, manage 1/10 of the tone, 50% decent combat on the originals and a half-decent story...I'll probably buy it in a sale.

Feel free to pile on the retard tags - but every one counts as a butthurt one in reply, cause you know it's the best you can hope for. ;)
Are you implying the originals had good combat? Jesus, how can people be this retarded?

I’ve been saying that till I’m blue in the face. The originals did not have good combat. For Fuck’s Sake.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I don’t care, Kingmaker should have also been TB (Hopefully now that someone made a turn based mod) RTWP needs to go, holy hell.

I have started playing my first Gold Box game and that is what D&D combat should have build upon, would love a modern gold box combat engine. I hope KOTC delivers.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Mustawd you are a dumbass (amazing new discovery /s)

First off, let me say that I love TB and will always prefer it to RTwP because its a "cleaner" system

That being said, every WotC CRPG made in the last 20 years has been RTwP except ToEE (which is pure incline). Like it or not, BG is not Baldur's Gate if it's not RTwP. It's simply a matter of tradition and not which is better. I know this must be a Herculean effort for your quark-sized brain to understand but try to process these things independently.

Finally, there are FAR, far worse things than RTwP. Popamole action combat. Bad writing. Shit design. Shit core systems. You name it. If an RPG is RTwP but is top-tier in everything else, it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Mustawd you are a dumbass (amazing new discovery /s)

First off, let me say that I love TB and will always prefer it to RTwP because its a "cleaner" system

That being said, every WotC CRPG made in the last 20 years has been RTwP except ToEE (which is pure incline). Like it or not, BG is not Baldurs Gate if not RTwP. It's simply a matter of tradition, not "which is better". I know this is a Herculean effort for your quark-sized brain to understand but try to process these things independently.

Finally, there are FAR, far worse things than RTwP. Popamole action combat. Bad writing. Shit design. Shit core systems. You name it. If an RPG is RTwP but is top-tier in everything else, it's not that big of a deal.
Oh, fuck off with this half assed arguement.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I’ve been saying that till I’m blue in the face. The originals did not have good combat. For Fuck’s Sake.

This thread wouldn't have 174 pages with no actual news other than a trailer announcement if a lot of people here didn't really like the combat. Good art direction and passable fantasy writing certainly aren't enough to warrant such attention.

Edit: for comparison's sake, it took the Tides of Numenera megathread over three months until it hit 174 pages. Less than a month for this one. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...lpha-released-go-to-new-thread.79051/page-174

Last edited:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

This thread wouldn't have 174 pages with no actual news other than a trailer announcement if a lot of people here didn't really like the combat. Good art direction and passable fantasy writing certainly aren't enough to warrant such attention.
Then there’s a lot of people here who have shit taste.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
From what I’ve read about BG2 it has awesome spell variety, encounter design, and itemization. However, that doesn’t make RTWP itself good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Edit: for comparison's sake, it took the Tides of Numenera megathread over three months until it hit 174 pages. Less than a month for this one. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...lpha-released-go-to-new-thread.79051/page-174

It's not every day that developers so blatantly shit in our cornflakes, though.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
From what I’ve read about BG2 it has awesome spell variety, encounter design, and itemization. However, that doesn’t make RTWP itself good.

You are a dumbass and a bum. Is TB better than RTwP? Yeah. Is RTwP = automatically makes everything else in the game shit? No.

Stop obsessing over it you imbecilic braindead cretin

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

You are a dumbass and a bum. Is TB better than RTwP? Yeah. Is RTwP = automatically makes everything else in the game shit? No.

You dumbfuck. RTWP is a cancer that should be done with, and the fact that you’re shilling for RTWP is hilarious.

You fucking shill.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

You dumbfuck. RTWP is a cancer that should be done with, and the fact that you’re shilling for RTWP is hilarious.

You fucking shill.

Discovery:

New word - shill

+20 XP
You’re the one who literally said BG3 should be RTWP because of muh “tradition”. Go fuck yourself.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It's funny because there'll be so much decline in BG3 no one will care whether its TB or RTwP. Somebody should give smaubum "I R CODEX" badge

Corvinus

Arcane
I got more negative ratings in this thread than all my other responses combined.

:incline:

The competition isn't due for another six months - better save your strength for later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom