Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Age of Decadence at No Continues

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

<a href="http://nocontinues.net/?page_id=99" target="blank">Diogo Ribeiro</a>, who was once a cast member on “The Love Boat” if my Portuguese is correct, <a href="http://nocontinues.net/?page_id=1944" target="blank">interviewed</a> Vault Dweller about <b><a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/" target="blank">Age of Decadence</a></b>, including this bit on the setting:
<br>
<blockquote>Vince D. Weller: A fantasy setting with its roots in the ancient history is easier to grasp and to work with. It’s less visually “intensive”, which is always a factor for a small studio with a limited art budget. I would say that our game has very impressive locations and a fascinating selection of weapons and armor, but we used history books, museum displays, and photos of ancient architecture as our concept art. There are some amazing things buried in our history and I think that they are absolutely fantastic. Quoting an article introducing our locations, «you will see a Petra-inspired temple, Kom-Ombo looking ruins, a ziggurat that Bel Marduk would approve of, and a few other interesting places».
<br>
<br>
Now, doing a deep space, “colony ship RPG” game, for example, would require a lot more. We’d have to get an army of concept artists and spend a lot of time defining what a huge colony ship that would travel more hundreds of years (70’s sci-fi) to a distant star looks like.
<br>
<br>
As for the last question, our setting has two layers: the past and the present. The present is easy to grasp. What you see is what you pretty much get. The past is trickier. It was much more technologically advanced than the game’s present, but you see everything through the prism of the present’s much reduced knowledge and understanding. That’s a very interesting feature, I think.</blockquote>
<br>
Let's hope VD gets that army of concept artists as I'd like to see a sci-fi colony ship RPG (or maybe just a <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067756/synopsis" target="blank">Silent Running</a> RPG/gardening sim).

St. Toxic

Arcane
Vince D. Weller said:
Now, doing a deep space, “colony ship RPG” game, for example, would require a lot more. We’d have to get an army of concept artists and spend a lot of time defining what a huge colony ship that would travel more hundreds of years (70’s sci-fi) to a distant star looks like.

Not really.

Severian Silk

drunkpriest said:
I would offer constructive criticism but you guys will just delete it.
Here, or at the AoD forums?

Stuff doesn't get deleted here - only retardoed, AFAIK.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
St. Toxic said:
Vince D. Weller said:
Not really.
See, now I thought that was some sarcasm aimed at Space Siege and their army of people desiging a colony ship and ending up with a shitty game.

Assnuggets said:
Stuff doesn't get deleted here - only retardoed, AFAIK.
And rightly so, for the Codex shall always remain as a forum where gamers may bash developers freely. :salute:

PS: AoD sucks!

Ryuken

Liturgist
Talking about sci-fi colony ship RPG's, anyone heard any updates from the Dropship team? Their site is still up so I suspect they are preparing something that will amaze us all.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's vaporware. No news for ages and as far as I know they haven't responded to any mails since at least a year. Shame, it really sounded like a great concept for a game.

Incidently, I'd love to see a real rpg set in a "generation ship". There's also a shitload of art to be found about that subject. Just find some 70's sf mags.

elander_

Arbiter
I also prefer good CRPGs or tactical combat games over FPS games. There's so much more game-play variety. FPS need to be upgraded to the awesomeness of Bloodlines. It's great to find ways to do quests that isn't just go in and shoot everything, unless you are playing Doom2 and are surrounded by hundreds of foes firing from all angles.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
Silent Running was/is such a great movie.

One of the movies that got me sucked into sci-fi.

- Livonya

Shannow

Waster of Time
DarkUnderlord said:
PS: AoD will suck!

Fixed

And I'm all for a Cool Runnings RPG.
Eins. Zwei. Drei!

EDIT: Was funnier before Applegates Breasts deleted her(?) post where she (?) mixed up those movies...
The timed delete function should be abolished. Especially considering the contents of this thread /derail

Yeah I totally ninja deleted that when I looked up the movie. :embare-assed.

*Edit*
Oh and it's she. Tee-hee. I'm going to get my nails done and wash my hair later, so I'm out.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Applegate's Breasts said:

*Edit*
Oh and it's she. Tee-hee. I'm going to get my nails done and wash my hair later, so I'm out.

Pics or it's not true.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
baby arm said:
<a href="http://nocontinues.net/?page_id=99" target="blank">Diogo Ribeiro</a>, who was once a cast member on “The Love Boat” if my Portuguese is correct, <a href="http://nocontinues.net/?page_id=1944" target="blank">interviewed</a> Vault Dweller about <b><a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/" target="blank">Age of Decadence</a></b>, including this bit on the setting:

:lol: I am Diogo Ribeiro, by the way, or Role-Player for the nostalgia lulz.

That bit was about me knowing the lyrics to the song without ever having read them anywhere. Pointless trivia about me instead of an actual curriculum, mind :)

Morbus

Scholar
Ai que nabo...

nabo.jpg

Jason

chasing a bee
I am Diogo Ribeiro, by the way, or Role-Player for the nostalgia lulz.
Yeah, might've see you around here once or twice before.

That bit was about me knowing the lyrics to the song without ever having read them anywhere.
Let me guess: you learned English from watching The Love Boat but only watched the episodes when Charo was a guest. I know how it is. As a kid, I hated that show while still being strangely drawn to that crazy "cuchi cuchi" woman. Made me feel all funny. Kind of like Elvira.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Priceless :lol:

Actually, it was a bit more violent since my source of learning were some Dirty Harry movies, associating the english sound to the portuguese subtitles. My parents freaked out when I blurted "motherfucker" in Portuguese because no translation came from the movie on the telly and I felt compelled to just say it :lol:

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Applegate's Breasts said:

*Edit*

NO WAY! Is there actually a FEMALE that posts on the Codex. I don't believe it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom