Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
These fabulously pessimistic predictions are fabulously optimistic. The longer they keep us all hooked the better for them.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
If this game doesn’t give me an option to create my own party, I’m not buying it.

BG3 won't give you an option to create party. That will be true for Icewind Dale III.
You know what? Despite my distaste for RTWP I really like IWD1 (haven’t played 2). Would love an IWD3 with a more realized 3rd edition ruleset.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
These fabulously pessimistic predictions are fabulously optimistic. The longer they keep us all hooked the better for them.

You mean like dating a girl that looks like Kelly Brook, eventually seducing her into bed, finding out it's a trap and...

she's only got a 2" cock?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just get extremely triggered when Bulgarians claim literally foreigners with achievements to be Bulgarian, all the while we have perfectly good examples of Bulgarians with achievements who are actually Bulgarian. It's a pet peeve of mine. Another golden example I hate is the saints Cyril and Methodius.

Classic Eastern European inferiority complex. See also: all romance languages are derived from proto-Daco-Romanian. Or: human history began in the 12th century, with the 'Russian Horde'. I also recall a conversation I once had with a guy who was dead set on arguing that Jesus and Socrates were in fact Armenian. Then again, some Americans believe that the King James Version is the original Bible, because English is the language of God, so there's enough crazy to go around.

Every single country in the Balkans is actually at least 12000 years old and older than all of their neighbours, whose lands belong to them because of this fact.
Fuck off asian scum,enjoy your upcoming civil war :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Could you stop discussing things with smaug, he's literally a child. His brain is not yet developed.
Fuck,when i have to agree with a rabbit liberal like ga(love).

Half joke aside,smaug is going after my 15,000 posts i see. Hmmmm,finally some competition!

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
You mean like dating a girl that looks like Kelly Brook, eventually seducing her into bed, finding out it's a trap and...

she's only got a 2" cock?

That's not a disappointment for the true BG fans, more like an achievement ...

That's almost my point. The Beamdog fan will settle for Mizhena in lipstick and platemail. But if a Codexian is gonna try something new - it's gotta be to the highest standard - like if you go to a brothel twice and expect roughly the same on the third visit; the girls behind a screen, she's got the body and looks of Kelly Brook...and then she comes out with a stubby 2" dick.

Larian are saying "We've got this great thing that you loved, and we're gonna make some changes, but we're not going to tell you what's behind the screen - you just have to get hyped that it's gonna be great". What they should be telling us is that: "It's 90% of what you want, but we've got 12" of something new". And that would be ok with me, 'casue at least then I can get hyped, or just walk away.

These Codexians that want TB and traditional prestige though - that's like asking for a further 2" - and that's just setting yourself up for too much butthurt.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, they should've ripped the band-aid off and just said which way they're going, because almost every forum discussing this game has just become a cancerous clusterfuck of insisting Larian go either RTwP or TB, or else the game is ruined.
I will enjoy the inevitable shitstorm, but I doubt the game won't turn out to be at least moderately profitable.

You see, Swen's genius is that he doesn't merely target biodrones and teenager-with-problems types, like the amateurs at EA did. Instead, he is targeting whole clusters of idiots, by offering them the chance to play coop. Where EA make one sale because of their insane production values and marketing push, Swen makes 2 or 3 sales because of the coop lure.

Kelly Brook
Wow, that's a whole lot of tits! First good thing to see thanks to this thread.

Frozen

Arcane
I just hope this game creates enough butthurt so i can laugh.

But only way it could do that is if its original and actually a good game not Pathfinder shit.

vazha

Arcane
My (hopefully) two cents worth of insight on Larian's no tell approach from communications (spin) perspective:

1. If the game is indeed turn-based - well done, nice hook & excellent spin on a seemingly barren, obvious truth theme, lots of relieved (and undeserved) sighs once its announced & people's willingness to turn a blind eye towards other controversial decisions they might have made (it's pretty much guaranteed they've made a fair number of those).
2. If its RTWP / Action - immensely retarded, wasted valuable time that could be used to reconcile outraged public, and once they spill the beans - frustration will hit like a truck.

Thanks.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Now that I think about it. Posting in this thread is worthless because I don’t even care about BG3, why did I waste so much time?:argh:

whatever I’ll go back to playing :obviously:games like Gold box.
:dealwithit::dance::incline:

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Anyway, can‘t wait for BG 3 EE by Beamdog so I can smash the awesome button touchscreen on my tablet.

I hope this game will have dungeons.

And by dungeons I mean hallways and corridors, not those stupid bridges and platforms spanning over huge cavernous rifts like they like to do dungeons now in modern games. It‘s shit. :decline:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom