Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Codex Year of the Donut
it's not even about fast travel it's about walking from one side of the screen to the other taking 8 years

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah I don't really like fast travel, would prefer characters to be able to sprint quickly when not in combat or whatever. I thought I was the only one who had such a low tolerance for this. Feels good to know I'm not alone :>

Black Angel

Arcane
The walking speed is a big turn off for many people. I don't blame them. A lot of veteran players get around this using cheat engine. This fact has to be acknowledged: people are using hacks to speed up the game. I honestly don't see any reason for this problem not to be addressed in a future patch. It's honestly a big issue and I wouldn't be surprised to find most players in agreement that this is a real problem.
Of all popamole features, tastefully done fast travel is the one that can be justified the most.
boats/train.
There should be some teleportation psi spell(s). They already have a time (temporal) manipulation psi-school in place, I say they should consider designing and implement space manipulation psi-school.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I gave up and started using Cheatengine's speed hack sometime around the major Foundry quest. It involved lots of running back and forth, and I simply ran outta patience.
With the speedhack in, immidiately being able to switch between 1X,2X, and 4X speed, the game became an absolute delight to play.

Codex Year of the Donut
I gave up and started using Cheatengine's speed hack sometime around the major Foundry quest. It involved lots of running back and forth, and I simply ran outta patience.
With the speedhack in, immidiately being able to switch between 1X,2X, and 4X speed, the game became an absolute delight to play.
I use the speedhack in basically every game that isn't an action-oriented game. :M

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
speed is tied to sneaking mechanics. I assume that running toggle wasn't implemented due to that. Movement speed can be improved in game and is quite crucial in safe exploration
And that's why being able to switch between 4x and 1x on the fly is nice. You get the best of all worlds, without breaking any of the in-game systems.

Black Angel

Arcane
speed is tied to sneaking mechanics. I assume that running toggle wasn't implemented due to that. Movement speed can be improved in game and is quite crucial in safe exploration
And that's why being able to switch between 4x and 1x on the fly is nice. You get the best of all worlds, without breaking any of the in-game systems.
The best of all worlds would be being unable to use running/sprinting toggle while being in stealth.

Or, if you do try to sprint while sneaking, it will break the sneaking, like in Fallout.

Or, like Fallout, have Silent Running as a perk that allows one to sprint while in stealth.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
except it breaks merchant stock refresh mechanics and allows faundry steel cheese

That's a good side effect, though very minor. Might lead to you selling a few more stacks of the loot you dumped at the merchants feet.

The foundry steel is also stupid, if you order 10x super steel at least one should be q150+. I'd gladly pay triple or 10x the price of regular super steel if it could be of good quality.

jungl

Augur
I couldn't get my friend into the game cause there no map. A automap that fills up as you explore would of been nice. He didn't play long enough to get annoyed by the speed which it takes to move around the game world. Games biggest flaws other then no allowing player respec that drawing away potential customers. pathfinder kingmaker has respec its time this game does also.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I couldn't get my friend into the game cause there no map. A automap that fills up as you explore would of been nice. He didn't play long enough to get annoyed by the speed which it takes to move around the game world. Games biggest flaws other then no allowing player respec that drawing away potential customers. pathfinder kingmaker has respec its time this game does also.
It has a map now.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Incline and all that, I just hope DC was reworked, it's pretty much a straight downgrade compared to the rest of the game. I mean, like Gothic endgame, only tedious and hard.

Parabalus

Arcane
there are also location that would allow you to cheese without stealth if running was simply allowed. You would be allowed to run through corridors on non stealth builds and bypass few fights. Whats more it will trivialize DC eye effect.
You would need to add extra detection mechanics on top of that and suddenly its not that easy feature...

Even if that were true (doubtful), you could constrain it to only Controlled Zones, that's where the worst slogs happen.

Black Angel

Arcane
there are also location that would allow you to cheese without stealth if running was simply allowed. You would be allowed to run through corridors on non stealth builds and bypass few fights. Whats more it will trivialize DC eye effect.
You would need to add extra detection mechanics on top of that and suddenly its not that easy feature...
No need to add extra detection mechanics, they already have an intricate sound design that makes NPCs attracted to sounds of explosion, gunshots, and other NPCs/critters calling for help. If you go around running in corridors, just make the NPCs gets attracted to the noise. If you sprint for a while AND then enter stealth the last moment before an NPC turn up in the corner, just make their detection already entered yellow/orange state and make them actively search for you in the area where you sprinted last. And make it attract even more unwanted attention if you go around running while wearing metal boots.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Some weird shit happened with my Discord account, so I can't access it, found that out like 2 weeks ago, send message to support and no positive results yet. :|
It asking for phone confirmaion which I'm not intended to give.
I have no idea wtf happened and how to solve it sadly.
So I can't access Underrail channel and take part in testing, at least for exact that moment.

How's the balance/difficulty in the expansion compared to current live, especially on DOMINATING?

2 monthes ago it was BRUTAL. Don't know how it's is today.

Yeah I don't really like fast travel, would prefer characters to be able to sprint quickly when not in combat or whatever. I thought I was the only one who had such a low tolerance for this. Feels good to know I'm not alone :>

Yes you can! Just take Sprint and use it out of combat. :)

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
SUe648U.jpg

:positive:

Parabalus

Arcane
Or just get the Sprint feat and Interloper feat for faster stealth travel.

Sprint is cool tech, but it doesn't help when you have to slog through cities, the cd is too long. Suggesting Interloper is just missing the point entirely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom