Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
RrdLQWKs7pYhy4r8gW7opJ-970-80.png

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
DF was incloooosive for a while, what with gay and asexual dorfs. The fact that Toady is OK with the idea of trans dorfs is not really surprising, and wont make DF a lesser experience.

I have no actual problems with that. But starting to yap about pronouns and other stuff like that, and then go full block mode when people criticize it - that is what I have problem with.

I came to RPGCodex directly from Bay12 forums in 2014, after being banned for saying that men and women had different biologies, and women were never going to achieve the same strength as men. Toady himself is the only person able to ban, and he does it A LOT.

I heard over in /pol/ that DF is going to be a faggot simulator now. Is this true?

About 30% of dwarves have been ass-blasters for about the past 5 years.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I heard over in /pol/ that DF is going to be a faggot simulator now. Is this true?

Just do what I do for CK2 and mod the faggotry/trannery out (almost) completely. Learning to code is a wonderful and fulfilling experience, even for the married man.

Game developers have been increasingly worse with human biology with each passing year. It's really sad.

Incantatar

Cipher

Just do what I do for CK2 and mod the faggotry/trannery out (almost) completely. Learning to code is a wonderful and fulfilling experience, even for the married man.

Game developers have been increasingly worse with human biology with each passing year. It's really sad.
Not just human biology. Tfw capturing a pair of cave dragons only to find out one of them is a fag. I've still to witness any scientific backing of any sizeable consistent homosexual behavior in animals.
Edit: I stand corrected, there seem to be a sizeable percent of rams living homosexual exclusively. It seems to be linked to differences in the brain.

Last edited:
Graphic update doesn't look half bad. I'd have thrown Toady some shekels if he wasn't so thin skinned. But that in addition to this being a paid release for something that was free puts it into my "possibly pirate but most likely just forget about and move on" pile.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The "inaccessible" part of Dorf Fagtress was not the lack of a professional tileset, but the horrendous UI and overly complicated gameplay.

You can have the nicest tileset, the finest music and the best sound effects... that still wouldn't make DF much more appealing to non-autists.

Rimworld is "DF for neurotypicals", I doubt we will ever see a better attempt at that.

The "inaccessible" part of Dorf Fagtress was not the lack of a professional tileset, but the horrendous UI and overly complicated gameplay.

You can have the nicest tileset, the finest music and the best sound effects... that still wouldn't make DF much more appealing to non-autists.

Rimworld is "DF for neurotypicals", I doubt we will ever see a better attempt at that.

Supposedly they're remaking the UI for this version. Radial menus and true mouse support have been talked about in a couple interviews. We'll see if it ends up being good.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crimsonland.
Is that any good? Looks fun.
It's almost historical by now. I think it was one of the first games of its kind and managed to spread widely before the days of Steam.
Does it hold up to more modern games of its kind (you know, stuff like Nuclear Throne, Enter The Gungeon, etc.)? I don't think so, to be honest, it's really limited compared to these. But still, that's like saying Mario Bros. is bad just because it isn't as good as later installments.

Difera

Educated
Ah, it all makes sense now
D8dWiXKXYAIuoD0.png:large

Seems like all this diversity/inclusivity/etc talk started when Zach's wife got into the scene around 2013. Just take a quick look at her bio on that same article...
Also, when visiting the Kitfox Games homepage I noticed their founder looks like a typical SJW type, there is even a link to the Crash Override website (owned by notorious con artist ZQ). I really want to, and probably will, buy it on Steam to support Zach and Tarn since they are the guys doing the real work developing the game and they deserve it, but on the other hand I don't feel confortable knowing that a significant part of the money will end up finacing this kind of people and their nonsense...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We respect our employees and players. Kitfox has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment and cyberviolence.

punch.gif

Also not sure if two asians and a woman, or two asians and a tranny on their about page.

Perkel

Arcane

When DF will be releasing its next major version. So probably maybe half a year or 2 years.

In order to implement new stuff to graphic API Toady had to do rework on graphics api.
And since he already felt brezze of capitalism since someone from his family got in health trouble in US, he also makes some changes toward UI.

It is fantastic how someone disease can improve software.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom