Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Smaug and Lilura argue about Baldur's Gate, RTwP vs TB, etc

Corvinus

Arcane
I think it's time for smaug to sex up Lilura in his boi-pussy.
Zep--

repressedhomorainbow.gif

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Kyl Von Kull do you want RTWP or turn based? You haven’t said anything but you seem like you want to say something.

Btw I enjoy your write-ups on Kingmaker
:love:

norolim

Arcane
Hold on, now. It's been a good laugh and all, but what is actually going on ITT? Is the Codex realy arguing with a 17-yo that RTwP is better than TB?
Yes.
Are you sure, they aren't just fucking with you, 'cause you seem very overzealous, considering your limited experience? I honestly can't tell, 'cause this has been a very bizarre thread for a while, now.
No, they clearly want RTWP>Turn-Based just look at the ratings on my responses.
The ratings under your responses actually suggest, they ARE fucking with you. If they treated you seriously, they'd use actual words to call you a retard, and than they'd explain, why they think you are wrong. So my advice to you is this: chill out - you're fighting the wrong battle.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Hold on, now. It's been a good laugh and all, but what is actually going on ITT? Is the Codex realy arguing with a 17-yo that RTwP is better than TB?
Yes.
Are you sure, they aren't just fucking with you, 'cause you seem very overzealous, considering your limited experience? I honestly can't tell, 'cause this has been a very bizarre thread for a while, now.
The ratings under your responses actually suggest, they ARE fucking with you. If they treated you seriously, they'd use actual words to call you a retard, and than they'd explain, why they think you are wrong. So my advice to you is this: chill out - you're fighting the wrong battle.
What battle am I supposed to be fighting? I want a turn-based D&D CRPG, I assumed a majority of people did I guess not. RTWP it is.

norolim

Arcane
Yes.
What battle am I supposed to be fighting? I want a turn-based D&D CRPG, I assumed a majority of people did I guess not. RTWP it is.
No sane codexer prefers RTwP over TB, unless the Codex is a completely different beast, than I remember (I admit I was away for quite some time). You're not fighting for TB over RTwP. You're fighting people fucking with you. Chill, man.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Yes.
No sane codexer prefers RTwP over TB, unless the Codex is a completely different beast, that I remember (I admit I was away for quite some time). You're not fighting for TB over RTwP. You're fighting people fucking with you. Chill, man.
What? What the fuck are you talking about? Did you even read the thread? I tried to talk about Turn-Based and how it was great Vs the shitty RTWP and then someone mentioned Fallout or some shit. Then that derailed even more from there.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I guess I triggered people a lot of people, because there first CRPG was Baldur’s Gate, and I said it sucks. Bad idea in a BG centric thread apparently.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
BG, especially 1, doesn't suck, regardless of its RTwP combat. Like Lilura would say, BG has stood the test of time, you are but a lowly gibberling lost in the shuffle.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
The arguement has nothing to do with Fallout.
It has everything to do with Fallout my child. Better than spamming half a thousand posts since February you should've played it.

You chose to make an idiot of yourself instead.
Yes, totally “I” derailed the thread.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I think BG1 is shit. I don’t care that you like it. Discussion did not take place instead a bunch of memes and one-liners got thrown at me which derailed me.

Here are BG1’s negatives
-Terrible Pathfinding
-Terrible Exploration (Boring) (As DraQ pointed out years ago)
-RTWP
-Too much wilderness and no exploration skills
-I like party creation but the game clearly wasn’t balanced for multiplayer cheese party
-Bestiary was boring, no hill giants, trolls. Meh

Positives
-Very pretty
-Baldur’s Gate was a cool city
-Mages saying spells was cool
-Good atmosphere (Backround noises and aesthetics)
-Durlag’s Tower was a great dungeon.

Sorry but the “charming” companions didn’t make me like the game, and I didn’t care for its story either.

Are you happy that I’ve explained my position better?

Last edited:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
From what I’ve read BG2 has a lot of very cool shit in it, that I want to playthrough. And maybe when I feel like going back to the infinity engine I’ll play it, eventually.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Plus, I got a bit frustrated that people write off the Gold Box games as being shit. But, modern gaymers love dismissing stuff from the past. I’ve learned that the hard way especially today.

As someone who respects history, and loves to expierence it. Makes me sad.
:negative:

norolim

Arcane
which derailed me.
Yes, you seem derailed.

You have a lot to learn about the Codex. The Codex is very good at identifying weakness - in your case overeagerness and lack of experience, to put it mildly. When the Codex realised it, they jumped on it like a pack of kangaroos on a golfer. And now, you're basically fucked.

Unless, of course, you're just Mustawd's alt.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
which derailed me.
Yes, you seem derailed.

You have a lot to learn about the Codex. The Codex is very good at identifying weakness - in your case overeagerness and lack of experience, to put it mildly. When the Codex realised it, they jumped on it like a pack of kangaroos on a golfer. And now, you're basically fucked.

Unless, of course, you're just Mustawd's alt.
No you fucking retard. Please explain to me what Fallout has to do with BG1 vs Gold Box, Jack fucking shit that is. I don’t need to play the entire gold box series to say I prefer its engine (Which is made clear to you very quickly) over Baldur’s Gate. Your right I’m not very expierenced when it comes to RPGs but I have enough common sense to see turn-based>RTWP.

Also I played Kingmaker before Baldur’s Gate.

norolim

Arcane
Plus, I got a bit frustrated that people write off the Gold Box games as being shit. But, modern gaymers love dismissing stuff from the past. I’ve learned that the hard way especially today.

OK, this is a Troll account. Fuck you, Mustawd.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

OK, this is a Troll account. Fuck you, Mustawd.
How was that a troll post? See just ignore shit that I say and jump to other random shit. You guys are fucking pathetic.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I’m fascinated people still think I’m an alt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom