Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

Duraframe300

Arcane
honkhonk.png

what the fuck is this shit

You don't know of the latest /pol/ meme?
It's called Honkler. It means the Clown World, where everything and everyone is insane and things aren't what they supposed to be (like people who commit crimes aren't arrested but those who speak up have their lives destroyed).
Supposedly this meme originated as a evolution of the black pill, that since the world is crazy you might as well laugh it up and watch it all burn. I also heard it has roots in that scene where Batman interrogates the Joker in Dark Knight, and the Joker says that he's just ahead of the curved and realizes it's world who's insane (and as gained traction because of the latest Joker movie).
/pol/ has also tried to associate it with LGBTQIFSDLBV785, since his hair is like the flag of that "community", that way they can be accused of white supremacy.

Personally I think it's kinda of a shitty meme, and the fact it is losing a lot of popularity even in 4chan is proof of that.

I always wondered if it had something to do with that weird ass not-Kaiji adaption

Duraframe300

Arcane
Was that... Michael Douglas?

Yup. The whole thing is based on a manga where the main charachter gets into debt with a loan shark (played by Douglas in the movie) and has to board a ship where a somewhat deadly rock/paper/scissors tournament is held. (international as well, so Douglas isn't the only non-asian charachter).

The movie follows loosly that general plot, but for some fucked up reason it randomly throws in devil may cry style dream sequences where the mc murders aliens in a clown costume.

It makes for a...... interesting movie to say the least. I'd recommend it for the sheer insanity (And because the overall plot isn't that bad either).

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So I installed DMC4 to get to play with Vergil in the Legendary Dark Knight difficulty (since they so far haven't hinted at any more content for DMC5).
And yeah DMC5 is much better. Here's some thoughts after playing the first 2 chapters:

-The game has a more powerfull sense of impact in the attacks because unlike DMC5 it's animations are not near as fluid and smooth.
-The game is harder (I actually died some 3 times, 1 fight a huge horde of enemies and 2 others against the boss) not because the enemies are more agressive or better designed (because they are not, specially design wise they are simple and dull compared to 5) but because they do way more damage. Even the weakest mooks can take almost 2 life bars with one attack.
-Like I said enemy design is really not that good compared to 5, so fighting against them now is not as fun. Hell since I am also completing my first playtrough with Vergil in DMC3, I say without doubt that even 3 has better enemy design.
-The controls are kinda "heavy" and you reliably play with kb+m - can't even use the mouse.
-I can't play with Nero is this game anymore, he's very poor compared to 5. Dante is fine but while I love Lucifer and Pandora his limited arsenal is too bad (and the fists are not the same).
-Vergil on the other hand is fucking broken. Don't get me wrong he's a ton of fun to play, and unlike his playable counterpart in DMC3 he actually has attacks this time. But damn his attacks are super fast and super powerful, his stinger-like attack is enough of to make mincemeat of the weaker enemies even in this difficulty.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
So I installed DMC4 to get to play with Vergil in the Legendary Dark Knight difficulty (since they so far haven't hinted at any more content for DMC5).
And yeah DMC5 is much better. Here's some thoughts after playing the first 2 chapters:

-The game has a more powerfu......
Disagree on a lot of things. I find DMC4 to be tight, everything is harder to do but it's at the point of mechanical perfection. DMC5 is a lot more accessible, performing a jump cancel and implementing into a combo is much harder and feels like an achievement in 4 unlike 5. And Dante is much faster in 4.
4 is just TIGHT!

KlauZ

Educated
I say without doubt that even 3 has better enemy design.
Could you elaborate on that? From my point of view, most of them are pretty shit and work terrible with core mechanics. Hells are okay but everything else is shit. Arachnes? Immune to juggling. Bloodgoiles? Pure gimmicks, immune to juglling. Chessmen? Very static, juggle immune. Dullahan? Combo-ruiners, immune to juggling. Enigmas? One fucking attack, immune to juggling, annoying. Fallen, Soul eaters? What the fuck. And nothing even close to fun levels of Angelos or Assaults.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
And Dante is much faster in 4.

No.
The speed in which they execute the moves is the same (you can see for yourself in comparasion videos). The difference is that in 5 they have a lot more animations which make those moves seem more fluid and natural (and as such not as fast).
But anyway, Dante is more fun to play in 5.

I say without doubt that even 3 has better enemy design.
Could you elaborate on that? From my point of view, most of them are pretty shit and work terrible with core mechanics. Hells are okay but everything else is shit.

Granted some of 3 enemies are not that fun to fight 1 on 1. But they make pretty good challenges when paired with other enemies - which 3 does constantly. While in 4 most enemies are not fun to fight neither 1 on 1, nor in groups.

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
No.
The speed in which they execute the moves is the same (you can see for yourself in comparasion videos). The difference is that in 5 they have a lot more animations which make those moves seem more fluid and natural (and as such not as fast).
But anyway, Dante is more 5.

This is not true, Dante's first pause combo is slower and takes longer to finish than DMC4 variant. Find a proper comparison video. And there are delays added to a lot of moves, making them heavier.

q6afmr71vg631.png

Made a DMC5 Reshade setting to add colour without the green & blue tint this usually causes. More images and comparison at the source: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/10670/

Last edited:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
why did capcom go through the bother of making co-op for like 2 stages of the game and not have it in bloody palace?

and no playable vergil

and no DLC confirmed.. this is it

just baffling

We gotta wait and see.
Vergil is most definitely be made playable.
Now I am hopping for is at least a new campaign, more Co-Op shit (blood palace would be nice) and Turbo Mode + Legendary Dark Knight.

Either they're lying about no DLC and they'll release it later on or wait for Special Edition.

Awhile back I stumbled across this:

https://old.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCry/comments/b23442/dmc5_potential_leak/

Sure it does seem like bullshit, but then again the same could've been said if anyone declared that DMC5 would be revealed at E3 last year.
How the alleged leak is true since it means Lucia is coming back. :bounce:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I really never understood the inertia shitfit alot of fans threw.
"It may have better enemy design, weapons, bosses, mechanics and actual content. But just because it doesn't have that one austic feature that was a unintencional bug of the engine, it isn't the best game." :retarded:

I'm just still baffled how they go trough the trouble of implementing a Co-Op feature and make such poor use of it.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Imagine being asking for a DMC5 through years and years, and when it finally comes out, start shitting on it because it doesn’t have an unintentional feature like the previous installment in the series had.

We don’t deserve Capcom doing it’s best again

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
Inertia was a vital mechanic for higher level play. It may not have been intentional, but neither was jump cancelling in DMC1 or rocket jumping in Quake.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Jesus, Nero is a damage beast in this game.

Man those super well timed exceed revs + DT punches, and those perfectly stylish endings...

:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom