Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Glic2000

Educated
I gotta say, that whole "people didn't give it a chance" narrative is fucking infuriating. You* know some of us were watching the game develop for years, right? We played the test/alpha/beta builds, and weren't delusional enough to conclude, "yeah, this totally won't be a pile of shit at launch. These Looking Glass games always make a huge 180 in the last couple weeks." Those forums were so depressing to watch. Someone would ask, "hey is the game gonna have all that RPG stuff, you know, like quests and NPCs and shit?" and some apologist would respond, "HEY they can't tell us about that stuff because SPOILERS!"

No, retard, they can't tell us about that stuff because it doesn't exist. I nearly got a concussion from the facepalming.

*Not really sure who "you" is, I guess I'm addressing the Razorfist comment.

Nyast

Cipher
https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/ps4-concerns-poor-optimisation/10099/3

seeno
I also picked up the game day one on PS4. Are you finding that arrows don’t hit anything as well. I thought this was fixed with a previous update but I also noted that arrow traps don’t do any damage to the player either (two left feet me so maybe not a bad thing).

Uaconsoleplayer
Yeah that was another thing which blew my mind. It’s why i’m wondering if the console version is an older build.

:excellent:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So... UA is so god damn pretty and good?

I overplayed UA in the sense, that it was so bad I couldn't look away.
It's like a car accident. You keep staring, but in the end it just makes you sick.
There is a place and a time for trash movies, so why not one for games like that?
Though I do feel bad for some of the people involved in this, who aren't to blame for what the end product turned out to be.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Imagine pretending the game that didn't have SAVING until multiple post-launch patches was a good game that people just didn't give a chance to

Silentstorm

Learned
Is anyone even taking Razorfist seriously or saying the same things?

Could just be someone wanting to be contrarian...or Razor has bad taste.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So... UA is so god damn pretty and good?

I overplayed UA in the sense, that it was so bad I couldn't look away.
It's like a car accident. You keep staring, but in the end it just makes you sick.
There is a place and a time for trash movies, so why not one for games like that?
Though I do feel bad for some of the people involved in this, who aren't to blame for what the end product turned out to be.

A trash movie is two hours of your life, and--because it's not interactive--you can be drunk off your ass the whole time. A bad game is going to be anywhere between 5-20x longer than that and requires at least some amount of interaction from the player. That's the difference.

(Instead, the enjoyment of a bad game is the shitposting about it and watching from afar.)

CyberModuled

Savant
With a name like RazörFist, I thought that was a given
Reminder that this is the same guy who said New Vegas was a step backwards from the franchise in comparison to 3 because you couldn't have multiple NPCs in a conversation who tell you the same shit and thought the difficulty in it was "unfair" because he didn't bother asking anyone at Goodsprings about why he shouldn't take the road with Cazadors and Deathclaws (as well as thinking that Bethesda were responsible for creating Fallout's "humor and setting").

CyberModuled

Savant
I could go on for ages with his absolutely retarded contrarian takes he's had in the past but I guess to cut to the point, seeing him defend Ascendant doesn't surprise me in the slightest considering. At most expect him to "slightly" take it back in a couple of years while still acting like he had some kind of point of "it had potential tho".

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Honestly, y'all need to get a grip and not get so upset about what a random, minor internet personality thinks. Why do you even give a fuck?

Curratum

They have improved nothing in any meaningful way. Anyone who claims UA is now somehow fun is simply doing it to be a contrarian fuck and garner comments and clicks.

Cael

Arcane
They have improved nothing in any meaningful way. Anyone who claims UA is now somehow fun is simply doing it to be a contrarian fuck and garner comments and clicks.
Razorfist: See! I am popular! My blog has 1 million unique views! I am the king of king content!
Observer: 999,999 of those viewers called you an utter moron. The last one called you an imbecile...

Silentstorm

Learned
No, wait, one new view saying you are cool!

Damn, Razor, you do have a fan...and it's your mother, guess mothers do really think their children are cool.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
Honestly, y'all need to get a grip and not get so upset about what a random, minor internet personality thinks. Why do you even give a fuck?

Honestly, YOU need to get a grip and not get so upset about what some random, internet people think. Why do you even give a fuck?

That works both ways.

And without giving a fuck, yep that razorfist guy is retarded, was it not him that posted a video of himself masturbating?

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee

No we know why they didn't release it as early-access in November. They knew they wouldn't be able to do thorough QA and add new content in the coming 6 months.

Imagine they had done so. People (including 505) would say it's still not ready, and they would have to invest more time and money in a game they know won't ever make a profit for them.

The way they went was the fastest and cheapest way to abandon a game they had already given up on for a long time before launch.

Efe

Erudite

Honestly, YOU need to get a grip and not get so upset about what some random, internet people think. Why do you even give a fuck?

That works both ways.

And without giving a fuck, yep that razorfist guy is retarded, was it not him that posted a video of himself masturbating?
srsly? we got guys like that?
maybe infinitron is not that bad after all

lobar please give this game a one last chance. you know how we bash mainstream reviewers for commenting on games before finishing them? in the same vein, i want you to finish this game at least once.

The way they went was the fastest and cheapest way to abandon a game they had already given up on for a long time before launch.

And the updates have been a bare-minimum necessary to crank out their contractually-obligated console launch, which now appears to be PlayStation 4 only since its the only platform they've managed to get through certification with - even after 4 updates.

Nyast

Cipher
Yes, Lobar. That game is crushing my soul. Come on, I don't want to be alone to experience this. I must share my pain. Play the game too !

Nyast

Cipher

And the updates have been a bare-minimum necessary to crank out their contractually-obligated console launch, which now appears to be PlayStation 4 only since its the only platform they've managed to get through certification with - even after 4 updates.

I continued to play a bit ( and if I can force myself, I'll keep playing ). There are tons of improvements, this can't be denied. The problem is that the game is still janky as fuck. There are problems in your face all the time. The AI still completely sucks / is a joke, ragdolls are pushed to the comical extreme, and even technicalities are still in your face ( z-fighting on assets intersection wtih each others ). You don't have to go too far to notice them. Hell, the first room in Upper Erebus, right after the grand staircase, has holes revealing the environment / skybox behind.

That game is *approaching* Early-Access quality status. It's not there yet unfortunately. But yeah, it's been improved. It's almost playable now, but you have to ignore a gazillion of technical issues and the design still isn't much fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom