Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Smaug and Lilura argue about Baldur's Gate, RTwP vs TB, etc

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
drog is TedNugent he doesn’t like BG so it’s not him

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
As was stated many times above - play more games.
It is tb dnd implementation. One of the best and very polished.
If you want crawlers why not go ToEE..
Grimoir would suit you too.
i have grimoire. i have all the games I’m going to play this year. after that I won’t have time to play anymore, my rpg journey will probably end after i graduate high school this year

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
that’s right I need to play rogue
never have played a rogue like

Curratum

b) There is a lot to gain - the prestige associated with being knowledgeable about RPGs is magnified tenfold because you're a woman. It's an unlikely and wondrous sight and people flock to the persona like bees to honey.

Eh, brah, 90% of the codex is pretty sure "she" is Drog.

I'm new, I don't know who Drog is or was, can't say I've seen the name in the last year.

Curratum

That's not a bad choice actually, if you really like GoldBox TB stuff, why not play Adom, Angband, etc?

At least in those you can see more than 50 tiles and entities at once in combat! :D

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
b) There is a lot to gain - the prestige associated with being knowledgeable about RPGs is magnified tenfold because you're a woman. It's an unlikely and wondrous sight and people flock to the persona like bees to honey.

I'm new, I don't know who Drog is or was, can't say I've seen the name in the last year.
He's a notorious serial alt maker so you won't know him by his original name outside of when you install Arcanum and get his patches.
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/

Curratum

He's a notorious serial alt maker so you won't know him by his original name outside of when you install Arcanum and get his patches.
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/

Ah... That seems... believable. The level of anal retentiveness I see in the version notes and the extent of minute changes does align with someone who is able to write 20 typed pages on the interface of IE games...

Darkzone

Arcane
I mean i had no ideas who Elminster or Drizzt were when i first played the game but now that i do it's kinda cringy that they put those encounters in there.
So by admission you had no previous deep interest in ADD 2E before you played BG1. In the day this was an awesome fan service to meet Drizzt in the wilderness. I knew Elminster from the books, but he was always for me the Merlin or Gandalf for the poor. Nevertheless it was awesome to meet Characters that i have read so much about in the novels and source books. The encounters are just a fan service and nothing more and nothing less.

And yes, BG's map-contiguity is underrated by theme-park loving BG2 fags.
Lilura alone this understanding qualifies you.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
i have grimoire. i have all the games I’m going to play this year. after that I won’t have time to play anymore, my rpg journey will probably end after i graduate high school this year
Then why even give a shit? You're awfully invested in something that you claim you're not invested in and will not be invested in in the future.

Also, you're the maximum gay for letting go of (C)RPGs just because you're growing up. It's like saying that you won't have time to read and that your reading journey will probably end after you graduate high school. You're still a fuckin' baby, yet you make it sound like your life with it's likes and wants is fucking ended.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Then why even give a shit? You're awfully invested in something that you claim you're not invested in and will not be invested in in the future.

Also, you're the maximum gay for letting go of (C)RPGs just because you're growing up. It's like saying that you won't have time to read and that your reading journey will probably end after you graduate high school. You're still a fuckin' baby, yet you make it sound like your life with it's likes and wants is fucking ended.
i got no where to go after high school, I’m kinda stupid and my grades aren’t to good. millitary is the only option I’m probably not coming back from it. and I probably don’t have time to play RPGs in the millitary

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
at least before I got nothing left might as well play some good games, untill I have to go.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The problem with both of those games is the often childish writing and facile pandering. I mean i had no ideas who Elminster or Drizzt were when i first played the game but now that i do it's kinda cringy that they put those encounters in there.
This is the only thing I disagree with. I had no idea who Drizzt was either, but once I did I appreciated it more, not less; especially Elminster is quite well done, because even if you've got some knowledge of who that is, it's entirely possible to not make the connection to Terminsel, and if you do catch on to it, it's a pretty nice hint to the bigger things at play, and exactly who and what Gorion have been involved in in its life. If anything, I think it's worse that this isn't explored more, later, and then it just sorta becomes ass on the end when we should've been exploring the actual people involved, their mechanations, plots, and the old history that lead up to the current events, rather than le ebin bhaalspown sega xD with a group of maniacal cackling people sitting around a table and then some off-hand flashback exposition on how Gorion apparently picked you up at some point. Some things were well made, but really, BG2 shouldn't have been focusing so much on making shit epic, it should've stuck to fewer levels, and Throne of Bhaal should've been it's own fucking game.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I write you off, and anyone else on the 'Dex who hasn't played them.

I haven't played Arcanum. Now have a meltdown. :smug:
Why not?

I had much more of a life back then and limited time for computer gaming, with lots of good games to choose from, and Arcanum didn't sound like the game for a combatfag. I got some pirated copies from my gaming buddy, but they didn't work, so that was the closest I've come to playing Arcanum so far.
Nowadays I have more time, but I play games chronologically. I've reached April 2000, so I reckon I'll play Arcanum in 2021. The Renaissance era takes time to play through...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

i got no where to go after high school, I’m kinda stupid and my grades aren’t to good. millitary is the only option I’m probably not coming back from it. and I probably don’t have time to play RPGs in the millitary
Horseshit, you can do whatever the fuck you want, and unless you catch a bullet or go career, military is only for so long. It might feel like you're not going anywhere in a hurry, but just like the rest of us you're here for life. The oldest guy in my university program is over twice your age, and whatever hole of grades you've got stuck in isn't worse than that you can dig yourself out of it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, and it won't necessarily be fast, but the years in high school will quickly pale in comparison to the number of years you have ahead of you, bar extenuating circumstances.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom