Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Half of this thread is literally lilura spamming her blog

lame

Generic-Giant-Spider

It seems like only yesterday we were laughing, frolicking, doing braids in each other's hair while talking about Swen Vincke's spiritual successor to Daikatana.

Now we are at one another's throats, talking about full plate mail viability in 2019, controversial top ten lists, Enhanced Editions and blogs.

Is this what has become of our quaint hamlet?

Self-Ejected

Lichtbringer

Self-Ejected
Laibach-VOR-SONNEN-AUFGANG-6m23s-STEREO.mp4_snapshot_03.12_2018.03.10_22.48.05.jpg

lwenTZW.jpg

Random image... or is it?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Swen will look upon my posts and make a modern gold box
And think about them with great respect.

But this is supposed to be BG2 not 1 you fucking dunce. They have no business changing content in the EE without at least giving the option to disable the changes.
They did it because they are shameless hacks, and have no aesthetic taste, just like the retards chewing on their shit, "ooh, this shit is new so it must be better than the old". The same people who watch only new movies because they are newer than the old movies.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
lwenTZW.jpg

Well, looks like we get another rendered teaser, now female centered. True sign of decline, noble flaming fist knight dies while stronk womyn sorcerer defeats black dragon with thunderbolt. Way to go Larian, gonna appease the panromantic demisexual tumblr things.

Also: Dragons confirmed. Yeah.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
lwenTZW.jpg

Well, looks like we get another rendered teaser, now female centered. True sign of decline, noble flaming fist knight dies while stronk womyn sorcerer defeats black dragon with thunderbolt. Way to go Larian, gonna appease the panromantic demisexual tumblr things.

Also: Dragons confirmed. Yeah.

I genuinely can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you don't get the reference. I hope it's the first one.
It's not a larian teaser it's a picture from Dragon Shit Origins's original CGI trailer.

There's enough garbage coming from Swen's mouth, we don't need to start to shitpost fake stuff.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
if Larian keep it RTWP, manage 1/10 of the tone, 50% decent combat on the originals and a half-decent story...I'll probably buy it in a sale.

Boo! Hiss! That mindset is why nothing original comes out anymore, decline enabler!

1) Take an old, still popular game. Baldur's Gate.
2) Keep one defining feature from the original. RTwP.
3) Manage 1/10th of the tone. It's a game about wincest with your sister. :bounce:
4) Keep the same type of combat gameplay, but make it 50% worse, because you suck as a developer and have no experience with the source material anyway.
5) Remember the story from the original? It was decent at best. Make it the same, but 50% worse by including contemporary politics or something equally useless.

---

6) The consumer buys it anyway, albeit at a sale. The developer still makes enough money to be successful.
7) On to make the next game. We can sell those morons anything as long as we slap an old name on the crap we're making. Onward to point 1!

Yeah, I'd buy it for a few bob in a sale years later. Like Shadows of Mordor; which was a moderately interesting game. That isn't enabling decline surely? Spending £3.50 on a game several years after it's release - likely during a dry spell. I still haven't bought POE2, but I'll pick it up for the same price in a GOG sale, and I might spend a few days on it like I did POE1; honestly can't see how that makes me a decline enabler ;)

Or did I reply to your post already? Poxy alerts are all over the place...

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Mind Flayers means that most of your equipment will be aimed for protection against charm\domination effects, which is effectively hogging equipment slots. It's like announcing the game about titanic struggle with Fire elemental plane denizens - you already know what equipment will be dominant. I hope maind flayers will be some late content or occasional bosses, not a goblin replacement for chaff mobs

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'd be surprised if Illithid were rare encounters reserved for memorable moments. I seem to recall in D:OS2 you could kill a big dragon on tutorial island within a couple hours, Larian will probably put a mind flayer in to be your first boss fight.

Suicidal

Arcane
Today I had a dream that I was at some game presentation conference like E3 or Gamescom or whatever and there was a Baldur's Gate 3 booth and it played like a first person shooter with swords and magic.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to that if they made the combat like in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Heading for 200k in the month of June, son. 360 total write-ups, son. BG3 hasn't gone gold, son.

Let's see here... in comparison, Sinatar has got 320 shitposts on the 'Dex.

By the way, I'm not going to mention my blog again until concrete info is released. So please, stop shedding tears.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quest? Your character will probably be a Chosem One (TM) that is for some reason immune to Mind Flayer's magic/psychic attacks and will be able to extend that immunity on the party.

It would be nice to play the exact oposite: being an Elder Brain - and you need to direct your Illithid, and then control/subjugate "lesser" races for either food, sport or access to stronger psionics, (limited) magic resources or actual resources (bronze, iron, steel, adamantium, gems, rare gems, etc)

Maybe be faced with choices and consequences on the brains you choose to devour. The minions that you choose to kill. The few that you let live.

Maybe be faced with ethical choices: to pursue higher psionic powers, or go for necromancy. Punish necromancy. Use the big ship to sail across the planes in the quest to improve the psionics of your Illithid.

Then face the gith in all their forms (no refs. to Dakkon or sudoku), and have to adapt your strategies against them. I'm thinking something of the sorts of the X-COM style combat with an ant farm to take care of in-between "missions" or "scenarios" at home.

Have some episodes of descriptive CYOA for the story-oriented people, peppered here and there.

If I were Swen I would detach myself from the RTwP completely for this title - go TB - and then for a potential 4th installment bring back the RTwP just to "fuck" with the "fans", and to always keep the cynics guessing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom