Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Something annoying just popped up.
This NPC refused to move away from the only path out of Peregon's small houses.

vRZtjwQ.jpg
Can you elaborate? Did he just stand there like he was frozen by a bug? Or did he walk away or accepted the push eventually?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I couldn't see the option to push him aside. I think waiting may work. Haven't tried.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Was Kovalev quest changed?
found his crash site he was dead so no options to bury him and the man who ordered hit on him did not showed in Kawaraserai despite that man in hotel told me he left for there. Also telling husband in Happy farm his wife was cheated him has no consequence so far also his daughter is not running away as before.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Something annoying just popped up.
This NPC refused to move away from the only path out of Peregon's small houses.
Happened to me a couple of times. I've observed that when NPCs come to a dead stop, loading a game seems to randomly activate one of their pre-set paths (though it's possible it'll be the same one). Resting should also do the same thing. If that doesn't work, move your character away from him and pour yourself a glass of water. He should be gone by the time you get back.

Parabalus

Arcane
Having a problem finding trucks (needed to progress Kovalev quest), last 13 caravans were all carriages. :argh:
You should probably let the Peregon trucks or the one which stops in Red Fighter give you an option to tow the car from the Factory.

There's some pretty cool synergy with the +AP perks, if you use the 2nd turn one with the +2AP <50% hp you get 19 AP in total :bounce:.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Having a problem finding trucks (needed to progress Kovalev quest), last 13 caravans were all carriages. :argh:
After your initial visit, they'll always be a truck parked at the Filling Station Fortress just south of Otradnoye. Doesn't have anything to sell, but it can resolve this part of your quest.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Fidel you know that eavesdropping is sign of bad behavior?

eHwTMsL.jpg

Oh you cheeky motherfuckers. :troll:

UGtaAGg.jpg

EDIT

How do I start paper quest for Fedora Journalist? During my first playtrough I just talked to him and get quest easy. Now I've tried every dialog line and nothing happens.

God damn it! I forgot - there's also a Personality check before you're being offered to get papers.

RK47

Patron
Eh, one more weird issue from random crap I tried.
I ate mushroom prior to approaching the three men's camp outside the Bunker.
They immediately went hostile. Also they got the wrong gender pronoun. How dare they!

4FdEwCd.jpg

:lol: No problem, killed them all. But later on I cannot access the bunker at all despite having everything from the dead men's possessions.

VGGk0QE.jpg

I think this is a weird game design - you should have him drop his key to the bunker. Because if you talk to him normally, he would unlock the door for you, no problem.

WHAT A HORRIBLE GAME TO HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE THIS

:troll:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Was Kovalev quest changed?
found his crash site he was dead so no options to bury him and the man who ordered hit on him did not showed in Kawaraserai despite that man in hotel told me he left for there. Also telling husband in Happy farm his wife was cheated him has no consequence so far also his daughter is not running away as before.
For Christ's sake!! A software update wrecked a bunch of oldest quests, thought we fixed the damage, but I guess not everywhere... Thanks for finding this. Gonna fix it soon again!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Eh, one more weird issue from random crap I tried.
I ate mushroom prior to approaching the three men's camp outside the Bunker.
They immediately went hostile. Also they got the wrong gender pronoun. How dare they!

4FdEwCd.jpg

:lol: No problem, killed them all. But later on I cannot access the bunker at all despite having everything from the dead men's possessions.

VGGk0QE.jpg

I think this is a weird game design - you should have him drop his key to the bunker. Because if you talk to him normally, he would unlock the door for you, no problem.

WHAT A HORRIBLE GAME TO HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE THIS

:troll:
Oh ye of little faith! Thought we would forget it? He has the key in his stuff in that little camp they made. But placing it on his person is a good idea too!

One lore question. In which year exactly apocalypse happened?
1986! Is it because of the narrator's voice? :O

Atomboy is the Quick Reaction ability really supposed to trigger each turn?
Depends on what you are getting. If you have 20 sequence EACH turn it works properly. But if you get 20 the first turn, 40 the next, 60 the next, 80 the next, etc, it's bugged again. Which do you have?

flushfire

Augur
I think that's from previous versions of the game? Now it's supposed to give an additional turn with half APs, but only on the first turn. But it does it every turn.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I think that's from previous versions of the game? Now it's supposed to give an additional turn with half APs, but only on the first turn. But it does it every turn.
Yeah, the perk dude says it's how he wanted to do it. Every turn.

RK47

Patron
Oh ye of little faith! Thought we would forget it? He has the key in his stuff in that little camp they made. But placing it on his person is a good idea too!

Really? I opened that box with the key in his pocket and it's empty.
Will revisit that place again to take a look.

I would also like to highlight that I hate game worlds that left behind locked containers without keys to them.
C'mon, I killed Peregon captain of the guard in his office and his drawers are locked, but there's no key? How does he open them? Does he use his thumbprint? A retinal scanner? Voice-activated locks? Google Biometric?

Have the decency to design a location that made sense. Start by having keys for locked containers on their owners.

So just the description's wrong then. Pretty broken but I guess melee needs the buff.

I already mentioned it before, but there really is no harm in going full melee tree just to unlock that amazing perk. You'll melee for the first 3-4 levels anyway. Then at level 9, you get to use the additional APs to fire 3 Aimed Shots with Vintorez. If you add the +2 AP drugs, then you can do 4x Aimed Shots.

Last edited:

flushfire

Augur
This is why I kill Alexander every time he shows up in Red Fighter:
xATIxzT.jpg

fRFmq1Z.jpg

Or am I wrong in assuming he is this eggman?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So just the description's wrong then. Pretty broken but I guess melee needs the buff.
A case of bad translation probably, I'll take a look and change it with the next patch.
Edit: Yeah I get what you meant, it's pretty much saying what it's supposed to say, but the delivery is weird and convoluted. I'm changing it. Thanks for noticing.
Edit 2: "sp_sequence_info" : "Faster reaction means prolonged survivability in the Wastes.\n You get two turns in every round of battle: first one with full AP, second one with 50% of your maximum AP.",

Really? I opened that box with the key in his pocket and it's empty.
Will revisit that place again to take a look.

I would also like to highlight that I hate game worlds that left behind locked containers without keys to them.
C'mon, I killed Peregon captain of the guard in his office and his drawers are locked, but there's no key? How does he open them? Does he use his thumbprint? A retinal scanner? Voice-activated locks? Google Biometric?

Have the decency to design a location that made sense. Start by having keys for locked containers on their owners.

I already mentioned it before, but there really is no harm in going full melee tree just to unlock that amazing perk. You'll melee for the first 3-4 levels anyway. Then at level 9, you get to use the additional APs to fire 3 Aimed Shots with Vintorez. If you add the +2 AP drugs, then you can do 4x Aimed Shots.
It's supposed to be in the camp. We'll do a double check, but it's supposed to be! That would make for a shit ton of keys dude! You'd have a clusterfuck of an inventory. Though we might invest into a keyring for Trudograd, since everyone will have appartment keys and it will destroy inventories without a keyring. For now, let's pretend you shot through the key when you killed him, or he jammed the drawers by hitting the table too hard when he discovered his wife ran out of town with gypsies. Or get this, there was a hidden peg masked as part of the table which he pushed in, but it's only visible with 14 attention. Roleplaying!!!!!

This is why I kill Alexander every time he shows up in Red Fighter:
xATIxzT.jpg

fRFmq1Z.jpg

Or am I wrong in assuming he is this eggman?
The egg person is not Alexander, the story is about another character. And when he was screaming this, he didn't mean like weirdo worm alien eggs, he just thought these guys bought chicken eggs and forgot to take the egg box off the car's roof as they packed the rest of the wares into their trunk. Happens near supermarkets all the time! But they didn't buy any eggs... So what had he mistook for an egg carton?...............

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Atomboy

No luck, box is empty and no key to access the bunker.

aIKZR24.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom