Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was 2d or 3d?

Would you prefer if Baldurs Gate 3 was 2d or 3d?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Let's focus. The real question is if Baldur's Gate should be with two or three tits.

Neurohaox

Novice
Pillars of Eternity is 3d (yeeeeaaa I get it - it's 2.5d with pre-rendered backgrounds, but technically it's 3d). In matter of how it looks, it's pretty much identical to purely 2d infinity engine based games like bg, or iwd, and it doesn't make any diffrence for me. What you're probably asking is whether anyone likes very specific aestethics, locked camera position, camera distance (which results in really wide field of view), and level of detail that is put into environment. Debate 2d vs 3d is basically bullshit, well except 3d graphics in most crpg titles are rather low(ish) effort, since there is much more to take care of than in other genres. So from my point of view it would be great to see level of detail and incredible graphics that exist for example in Anthem, or maybe some incredible souls like intricate vertical level designs, but taking into account how massive and expensive that is, I would prefer same workload/money to be put into writing, implementation of some fancy in-game mechanics and additional features or generally speaking content.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I guess that was a retarded comment because Unity is nothing but 3D, but its games all feel like 2D so fuck you too, luka.

PsychoFox

Educated
3D with turnable camera. I'm playing PoE 1 for the first time now and i hate that i can't turn the camera for better angles. There's no reason to be archaic imo, not much benefit in 2d RPGs over 3d other than nostalgia.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I definitely don't see the need to control the camera in a racing game either, I'll tell you that much.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
3D with turnable camera. I'm playing PoE 1 for the first time now and i hate that i can't turn the camera for better angles. There's no reason to be archaic imo, not much benefit in 2d RPGs over 3d other than nostalgia.
True, if by "nostalgia" you mean "area backgrounds that don't look like piss and vomit".

The best looking 3D RPG is Divinity Original Sin 2 and it still looks like shit when compared to PoE 2.

Neurohaox

Novice
True, if by "nostalgia" you mean "area backgrounds that don't look like piss and vomit".

The best looking 3D RPG is Divinity Original Sin 2 and it still looks like shit when compared to PoE 2.
PoE 2 is 3d though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom