Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Curratum

theHunter Call of the Wild finally has wolves in a new reserve!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Like, what the fuck do ya'll even hope to get from the sale anyway? Do you really NOT already have literally everything you would ever want to play AND a gigantic backlog of games you'll never touch to boot?
what backlogs?
from these pitiful discounts? nah

All I want is some litte tiny discount on Grim Dawn DLCs, including new one (Forgotten Gods)
and maybe one other game that rot on my wishlist for monts, that's it

Ivan

Arcane
I got some 40 titles on my wishlist. I'm going to gobble up the discounted indie titles. Anything that retails for 40 will wait for Xmas sale.

Yakuza Kiwami + Amid Evil/Dusk bundle here I come :bounce:

Curratum

Dusk AND AE, in full, all at once... I envy you. Bought both day zero in early access. The wait was painful, not gonna lie, but it was so worth it in the end.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm hoping that at least one title on my wishlist (currently 21 items, of which 8 are "Coming Soon") goes on sale with a good discount.

We'll just see what happens.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Told you nibbas. Every steam stale is the same valve can't cope with the hordes ramming the gates

Valve, just like any other company launching an online game or service, obviously could cope. Just rent a crapton of additional capacity and you're good to go. But why waste money to solve a problem that usually lasts only an hour or two? Dumbass customers can wait.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Got in. As expected, I don't see anything that wasn't discounted before or that'd interest me. The most conspicuous sale is 34% on DMC5 I suppose but spectacle akshun isn't my thing so meh.

Codex Year of the Donut
OH GOD, I'M CUMMING, I'M CUMMIN-

wait fuck the sales aren't up yet wtf
Told you nibbas. Every steam stale is the same valve can't cope with the hordes ramming the gates looking for deals. Wait a couple of hours and shit will calm down.
God forbid this multi-million dollar company rent a few additional servers beforehand.
I don't think it's that simple, the amount of traffic Steam gets when a major sale starts is probably absurdly massive.

Codex Year of the Donut
I joined team pig because pigs are the obvious superior choice. Trying to figure out the best way to squeeze goodies out of the metagame bullshit. There's a "Buy a bigger discount" thing on offer, but to reach that you need 15,000 good boy points. I apparently can get something like 26,000GBP just from my Slay the Spire achievements (Why? Lord knows), but I'd only actually get a couple thousand because my "Boost meter" is limited, and it says I can expand it. Okay. So I see how to expand it is by spending money during the sale. So I'd have to spend some money to open up the "Boost meter" to get my good boy points to get an extra discount on my tendies, and they don't even specify how much of an extra discount it is and if it's on a full order. If it is it might be worth some bullshit to unlock then place a final order to clean up and squeeze everything from that.

Edit: Oh, so apparently the "Boost meter" starts at 100 by default, but it's increased up to a maximum of 1k based on your account size/purchases/etc. So I'm already maxed out, so my StS GBP excess will apparently be wasted and only GBP generated by purchases carries between days. Well fuck. 1,000GBP a day possible earnings, 15,000GBP to buy the discount, 14-15 days the sale's running. Huh, I must be missing something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom