Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me a RTS with good sp campaign

vota DC

Augur
Jurassic War. You can equip each unit with weapon, shield or neither of them. Many factions but a little similar.

v1rus

Arcane
Gave it another shot with Space Marines, way easier, since I actually know how that faction works.

Such a nice Catch 22. Right now I know how most of factions work, but Im burnt out. When that passes, Ill forget how factions work, and the campaign throws you right into it, without taking time to familiarize you with factions again. Fun.
You could try Chaos then. They are somewhat similar, but not quite. I switched to chaos when I got bored with SM in MP, and never went back.
I beat both order and disorder campaigns in WA (and each final mission). That 4th mission left me traumatised so badly i dont think ill ever play chaos again

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Sacrifice is great for the first few times to play through. Once you are good at it, you will see what a pushover the AI really is.

blrrmmmff

Scholar
Dawn of the Tiberium age. A C&C/red alert mod. It has a bunch of really good single player missions and campaigns in it, that are even more difficult than C&C covert operations. It has remade ant missions in it as well. And some cool coop missions.

Can download it for free, it is a stand alone mod. IMO better than the original red alert.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age

v1rus

Arcane
Anyone played Rising Kingdoms? How did you like it?

Played it a lot when I was younger, and I remember it with some warmth. Could be nostalgia glasses tho.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone played Rising Kingdoms? How did you like it?

Played it a lot when I was younger, and I remember it with some warmth. Could be nostalgia glasses tho.
It was ok,but very slow.

Also i would recommend spellforce 3 if you haven't tried it.

Beastro

Arcane
Not enough mention of Age of Empires 1 & 2. Just make sure not to take what's said about history in it at face value, especially in the second and lengths it goes for dramatic license.

Warzone is already mentioned enough, early Warcraft as well.

I also liked Blitzkrieg 1 & 2s campaigns, though I admit I didn't really get my head around the first and resorted to using my scouts to spot and clear the map with my artillery most of the time.

No Man's Land is an RTS set in colonial America:
0_1.jpg

How good is this? What's it like in gameplay?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Empire Earth
Supreme Commander 1&2
Cossacks ,the first one is the most fun
Red Alert 2
Age of Empires 2
Homeworld
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Annihilated Empires
Paraworld
Battle Realms
World in Conflict
Stronghold
Dune

And the best one for last
Stalin vs Martians

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not enough mention of Age of Empires 1 & 2. Just make sure not to take what's said about history in it at face value, especially in the second and lengths it goes for dramatic license.

Warzone is already mentioned enough, early Warcraft as well.

I also liked Blitzkrieg 1 & 2s campaigns, though I admit I didn't really get my head around the first and resorted to using my scouts to spot and clear the map with my artillery most of the time.

No Man's Land is an RTS set in colonial America:
0_1.jpg

How good is this? What's it like in gameplay?

It's ok. Decent enough Age of Empires clone, plays a bit like AoE3 except less polished, and without the stupid home city mechanic nobody liked.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Decent enough Age of Empires clone, plays a bit like AoE3 except less polished, and without the stupid home city mechanic nobody liked.
Wtf?!
That was by far one of the best things about the game. Trading posts messed up the gameplay and tracks didn't allow walls on top. But walls were entirely useless anyway due to everyone being able to shoot through them (!!!).
But the home city? A way to add some player agency and slight RPG-aspect to the game. Nice!

If at all, it was maybe a bit too ambitious and certainly lead to severe imbalances in MP. Thankfully, I don't give a fuck about MP, so it allowed me to play all kinds of weird focuses for the nations just for fun. If only it had a conquest campaign to go with it...
I wish more RTS games allowed that kind of customization.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Decent enough Age of Empires clone, plays a bit like AoE3 except less polished, and without the stupid home city mechanic nobody liked.
Wtf?!
That was by far one of the best things about the game. Trading posts messed up the gameplay and tracks didn't allow walls on top. But walls were entirely useless anyway due to everyone being able to shoot through them (!!!).
But the home city? A way to add some player agency and slight RPG-aspect to the game. Nice!

If at all, it was maybe a bit too ambitious and certainly lead to severe imbalances in MP. Thankfully, I don't give a fuck about MP, so it allowed me to play all kinds of weird focuses for the nations just for fun. If only it had a conquest campaign to go with it...

Yes, for mulitplayer it was absolutely terrible since it required you to gind matches in order to level up your home city enough to compete with others who already upgraded it to the point of getting roflstomp abilities against you.The mechanic should've stayed in single player, as it has no place in competitive multiplayer matches.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wtf?!

Yes, for mulitplayer it was absolutely terrible since it required you to gind matches in order to level up your home city enough to compete with others who already upgraded it to the point of getting roflstomp abilities against you.The mechanic should've stayed in single player, as it has no place in competitive multiplayer matches.
I agree it was stupid that you had to unlock levels in MP first, but iirc that was scratched at some point and everyone just had everything unlocked.
But I might remember wrong, barely played it online.

Wtf?!

I agree it was stupid that you had to unlock levels in MP first, but iirc that was scratched at some point and everyone just had everything unlocked.
But I might remember wrong, barely played it online.
Not true, sadly. However, once you got a city to level 10, 20, 30 etc. all the other towns you made would be created at that level as well. So If you have France at lvl 50, you can make a new German town and it too will be lvl 50.

Blonsky

Prophet
Star trek Armada and Armada 2 had decent campaigns, the factions looked like they were designed to fit the campaign story so they were very unbalanced in skirmish.
The map is 3d but the third dimension was pointless, base building, resource gathering, some interesting addons to the gameplay(warp speed, teleporting on enemy ships to take them over- not that great), the story felt like a longer episode of Star Trek and that is the only reason i finished them.

Tytus

Arcane
Don't know if anyone mentioned it before. But Earth 2150 has one of the best sp campaigns I ever experienced in a RTS game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I also remembered
Celtic kings and Praetorian,both of them are fairly unique and well worth trying out.

Dzupakazul

Arbiter
An old obscure title that's Black Moon Chronicles has a fun campaign due to its fairly unique, Total War-esque structure, with turn-based movement on the world map and real-time combat, plus the perspective of four different factions. Also, killer soundtrack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom