Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What is your favorite game of all time?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
MTG is one of the best things ever made, it has some problems though. EverQuest but in the good ole days, and it had a lot of problems too, yet it is better than any MMO that came after it or any RPG. There were some other MMOs I have really loved playing too.

Bring back Hidden & Dangerous.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
PES 2013 was, for a long time, the only game I would ever play.
I would still be playing that game if it wasn't so easy.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Brood War, tought me more than any "education" ever did.
Guilty Gear Accent Core+R, best version, tought me more than any "education" ever did.
Yeah I picked two, fight me.
no really, "no swear" on steam, come fite me

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
As of right now, Pathfinder Kingmaker. My first foray into the CRPG genre taught me what I really wanted from games. I’ll see how well it holds up against my future games I plan to play.

Swigen

Arbiter
Great idea for a thread, I think I’m ready to tell y’all about my all time favorite game.

41hq8SImPML.jpg
181283-Area_51_%5BU%5D_(v1.0)-1456504371.jpg

176103-Area_51_(Japan)-1454228857.jpg

This game was fuckin’ amazing! I don’t know if y’all know this but back in the day? Back in the day, you could have the arcade experience right in the comfort of your living room! You could shoot guns at the television screen! Every gaem company had a gun game and every game had a gun! It was great! Area 51 was at the top echelon of the plastic gun genre. It used real life FMV for the characters and had really awesome flammable barrels and boxes to shoot! Boy, to think we could sacrifice an entire genre just for the paltry promise of “widescreen” and “HD” , it just... it just makes me fuckin’ sick!! Like burning your own goddamn house down just so you can roast marshmallows... doesn’t make any sense!!

:argh:

Cerulean

Cipher
New Vegas, but for personal reasons. In the year that both A) my Dad died, and B) my (now-ex) wife got cancer, the Mojave Wasteland was the only place I could escape to. Not to detract from the fact that it's still an awesome game in its own right. I can still play it today and not have any negative connotations about what it got me through.

Tiger

Learned
Everquest at it's peak and it isn't even close. I run a 6 box team on my own private emulated server these days but I played hardcore raiding for years and was one of the top serverwide Wizards back in the day. All the content in the world. An absolute fucking tragedy what's happened to it since Daybreak took over. Look at the latest item for sale in the marketplace for real money. Fucking pride pets. Fucking gay arse pride bunny rabbit familiars. Fuck my old boots.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Insert Title Here
It's a tough choice between Alpha Centauri, Fallout 2, King of Dragon Pass, Jagged Alliance 2, UFO: Enemy Unknown and Star Control 2.

Couldn't decide so I just picked one at random and apparently it's Star Control 2.

Naraya

Arcane
This one is easy - Obliv... I jest, I jest!

Such question is impossible to answer, same as favourite book of all time or favourite movie. There are many creative works I consider favourite. The one I pick often depends on my mood or as silly as it sounds - season (for example, I love (re)reading Dune books in summer).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Such question is impossible to answer, same as favourite book of all time or favourite movie. There are many creative works I consider favourite. The one I pick often depends on my mood or as silly as it sounds - season (for example, I love (re)reading Dune books in summer).

Yeah I picked Fallout but it really depends on the day, any other day I might have picked Morrowind, Deus Ex or Thief 2. Also some of those are such different games it feels almost weird to compare them, like picking a favorite movie between Caddyshack and Alien.

I'm not going to name a favorite ever. I'm just here to mention that a ton of guys seem to love light gun games. I wonder how many of you guys go shooting for reals? Me, I shoot competitively so a video game based on gunplay sounds like a waste of time.

Actually, for my favorite game ever it's The Legend of Zelda. My mom and I spent all summer mapping every dungeon and the overworld. Found all items, both quests. Still have the maps, though my mom died in 1999. She never beat this one or Link to the Past because she didn't want to "finish" the games. Would get all the way to Ganon and restart. She also dumped my Nintendo Power strategy guide to Link to the Past in the dishwater while doing the dishes one day. Yeah, Zelda games give me the feels a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom