Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Wunderbar

Arcane

Wild Slop

Arcane
F4yf4kp.png

Finally it has a use.
I too had an obscene amount of points from this. I saw there was a little orange button to the side of the points earned and when i clicked the points went to 0 and ( I guess) gave me boost power. It didn't seem to translate into the points used for boost/ tokens earned but I don't know whats going on enough to even say for sure. Maybe I will see tomorrow? This is convoluted.

*cleared up wording a bit.

Last edited:

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
F4yf4kp.png

Finally it has a use.
I too had an obscene amount of points from this. I saw there was a little orange button to the side of the points earned and when i clicked the points went to 0 and ( I guess) gave me boost power. It didn't seem to translate into the point I had store back but I don't know whats going on enough to even say for sure. Maybe I will see tomorrow? This is convoluted.
You have a limited max amount of boosts a day, going up each day and for purchases.

Wild Slop

Arcane
So did I blow all those point? It was close to Gerrards, like 70k something. Or is there a bank of left over boost points? Because I'm not seeing a storage bank of unused points.

So did I blow all those point? It was close to Gerrards, like 70k something. Or is there a bank of left over boost points? Because I'm not seeing a storage bank of unused points.
As far as anyone can tell all those points got thrown in the trash. But it appears the only way you can increase your tank for holding more of them at once is by buying shit and getting +100 a day, so it probably doesn't matter much. But that's also guesswork because the whole thing's a big fucking mess and I've stopped trying to decipher it since it's both not particularly fun and doesn't appear to be worth it.

PrettyDeadman

Quantum Break isn't that bad. The story & presentation quality I'd say is better than typical netflix shitty tv series like game of thrones, the gunplay is at least as gud as in max payne 3. Graphics can be pretty. It's allright.

Yosharian

Arcane
Quantum Break isn't that bad. The story & presentation quality I'd say is better than typical netflix shitty tv series like game of thrones, the gunplay is at least as gud as in max payne 3. Graphics can be pretty. It's allright.
You cannot be fucking serious. Max Payne 3 is a masterpiece compared to this turd.

Tytus

Arcane

I really enjoyed Quantum's Break story. I want a sequel. But, I don't really agree. Max Payne's 3 gunplay was worse, I mean every fight boiled to you using the same tactics. In QB the power system for you and later for the enemies was actually giving me some variety.

Dexter

Arcane

Why are people saying "Dark Souls: Remastered" is worth it? It's got Mixed reviews, what does it add that the base game + DSFix doesn't?
Same thing with the "South Park" game by UbiSoft San Fran, seems to have bad reviews?

Nuclear Explosion

Why are people saying "Dark Souls: Remastered" is worth it? It's got Mixed reviews, what does it add that the base game + DSFix doesn't?
It runs better.

The real problem with it is that it messed up the lighting, and a lot of the textures look out of place too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gremius

Augur
what does it add that the base game + DSFix doesn't?
What it adds? Better stability, correct physics and other mechanics (that could gone wrong with unlocking the fps by DSFix, as the original was hardcoded with 30fps in mind and many gameplay mechanics based on it), no occasional graphical glitches, butterly smooth 60fps (whereas DSFix even at today, beefy PCs can loose fps, especially in Blighttown where it struugle to keep high values, but it can't).

Remastered is basically a new port created from scratch, and this time it's finally good, as it should be at originl PC release. Original DS: PTDE was a lazy, cheaply done crap port made by Japaneses who didn't know how to code (as many of them still, to this day, hardcode thier games mechanics to specific, mostly 30fps).

Yosharian

Arcane
If anyone's looking into buying Kingdom Come: Deliverance DLCs like me, there's a seperate Royal DLC pack that doesn't show up on store page, which is much cheaper than rebuying Royal Edition or upgrading the collection.

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/368777/
How the fuck do I actually buy this

Edit: fuck it, bit the bullet and logged on to Steam using my browser

Solid Snail

Learned
So, I loved Witcher 3. I loved Gwent, it was literally the first thing I did when visiting a new place: find gwent players.
I decided to buy Thronebreaker, sure of liking it and...holy hell this thing is boring.
First, CDPR modified the game so much with new cards and rules I can barely know what to do. Second, too many "puzzle" battles, which I hate, because in order to be won you need to understand the value of each card perfectly, it's not a thing you would throw at the player as soon as he starts to play, but instead you are forced to clear those battles as soon as you find them otherwise you won't be able later.
Finally, the story so far kinda sucks. I know this is a rpg so eventually it should get better, but for now I have no reason to keep playing this. Exploring the map is beyond boring, because the only purpose of the map is to gather resources, and this should be the "rpg" part of the game along with a Telltale-like system of choice.

:keepmyjewgold:

Think I finally figured out how to squeeze out maximum shekels from the game. Still have no fucking idea how the metagame is supposed to be played, but that's unimportant. That's for people who join corgi because they think they're going to win a free game and post about it on Reddit. Capitalist swine such as myself instead deign to occasionally poke at the damn thing until repeatable results fall out.

Step 1: The red number listed for your odometer is your daily "Tank" for collecting tokens. You aren't exchanging them yet, but you will be. The number you start at varies (Wildly) from person to person, but you're wanting it to reach 15,000 because that's the magic number necessary to spit out a $5 coupon. How do you raise the number? Buying things, unfortunately. It will increase by 100 per $1 spent, so that will give you an idea of how much you need to spend to reach your goal. Your odometer resets every day (As in, if your maximum was 5,000, you reached that, you "Spent" that, you couldn't climb back to 5,000 until the next day)
Step 2: Once your odometer can reach 15,000, you need to scroll down to the "PLAY ANY GAME WITH STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS" area. It'll either list games you've played recently with Steam achievements, or show none. You need approximately an hour of played time in your recent history for a game to show up in that list, so you need to either play or just launch the program and let it sit for an hour. The amount of points it's worth is based on achievements unlocked, so ideally pick games you've played at least some (Haven't yet experimented with cheating achievements since honestly it's been a moot point for me, finding games worth over 15,000 points has been easy). You're ideally wanting a game with 15,000 points or more, excess will be lost but it's no big deal since you can just idle new games in there.
Step 3: Once you have your points in the odometer, click boost. It appears that boost will convert your points into tokens (What you actually need for the coupon) at a 1 to 1 ratio in increments of up to 1,000. Keep at it until you've got your 15,000 tokens.
Step 4: Get your $5 coupon
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit

There are still some unknowns. First, I'm not sure if multiple $5 coupons can stack. Second, I'm not sure if you can unlock more than one $5 coupon (Although I asked someone who said you could, haven't yet confirmed it myself). Still, even if the $5 coupons are one-per-order, this could theoretically mean after an initial chunk of money to reach the magic 15,000 odometer window you could idle a game you've already played with achievements once a day for one $5 coupon each day. Also no idea if there's a minimum price for using the coupon, so maybe you could use it to get some DLC for free or whatever. Seems to encourage making your purchases in drips and drabs over the sale to maximize your coupon use however. This isn't completely set in stone but I have finally figured out how some of it works by fucking around with it off an on this evening.

Also the end result of all that rambling means I would need to spend $120 to get my odometer in the range to get a $5 coupon every day. So if they DO stack that would mean approximately $85 in store credit, which would make it a pretty decent deal if there was $200 of stuff I wanted (Basically buy $120 of stuff during the sale then get a free preorder of a new game too). The coupons stacking is a fairly large if, though. This concludes Cow's autism corner.

Edit: Actually doesn't conclude it yet since I want to reiterate, I still don't have 100% confirmation that you can even get multiple $5 coupons in the first place. Only people who would know would be people who dumped $300+ on the first day or had a freakishly huge odometer range for some other reason.

Edit 2: Cheating achievements works fine. Just took Primordia from a 6,543 point game to a 22,308 game, but in my defense my achievements were fucked on it anyway since I played it ages ago in offline mode when offline mode was still spotty for achievement tracking.

:keepmyjewgold:

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I think I will get these:

Black Mesa (XEN coming out soon)
Atom RPG
Outward
Surviving Mars
The Council
Deadbolt
Into The Breach
Kingdom Come Deliverance Royal DLC Pack

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom