Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Erm, no, he's dead. Note the xp awarded (and Dreadful Carnage triggered). Amiri tried to get an Opportunity attack off Outflank, but no longer had a valid target, so no hit/damage rolls.

Cael

Arcane
Erm, no, he's dead. Note the xp awarded (and Dreadful Carnage triggered). Amiri tried to get an Opportunity attack off Outflank, but no longer had a valid target, so no hit/damage rolls.
Good. It is nice to see something not as bloated as a 10-day old dead whale when it comes to bugmaker.

cloudropis

Educated
Game is at its lowest price during Steam Sales. Would love to get it, but the fact the EE actually brought a resurgence of old bugs makes me queasy, especially since there's other stuff I want to buy that I can play right now, while I'd have to let KM sit in my library until it gets fixed further. Maybe I should just avoid it until Autumn sales when, hopefully, it will be less broken.
Decisions, decisions.

PsychoFox

Educated
Bah. It seemed like the game was getting updated everyday and now that there's a real crippling issue, we haven't heard anything in a week.
Game is at its lowest price during Steam Sales. Would love to get it, but the fact the EE actually brought a resurgence of old bugs makes me queasy, especially since there's other stuff I want to buy that I can play right now, while I'd have to let KM sit in my library until it gets fixed further. Maybe I should just avoid it until Autumn sales when, hopefully, it will be less broken.
Decisions, decisions.
I regret getting the game personally because of the bugs. The game itself is fantastic imo, but i've encountered the stutter bug and it makes the game unplayable chapter 2 onwards. The devs are aware and working on it but nothing so far. And this is one of those "old" bugs that has resurfaced.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Up to you. I haven't really encountered any serious bugs. The bugs you mention do not seem to affect me.

Cael

Arcane
Played it already? Or still the usual?
Listen to fanbois? Lol! You make me laugh. What you shill for can do without my money, thanks.
So that's a no then?
I can say "yes" and the shills would still say I haven't. Like sjws, you can say a clear sky is blue and they will still claim you lied. Why bother saying anything definitive when the fanbois are so deluded that they will believe what they want to believe? Paiturd trained them well.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Listen to fanbois? Lol! You make me laugh. What you shill for can do without my money, thanks.
So that's a no then?
I can say "yes" and the shills would still say I haven't. Like sjws, you can say a clear sky is blue and they will still claim you lied. Why bother saying anything definitive when the fanbois are so deluded that they will believe what they want to believe? Paiturd trained them well.
So that's a "no" then?

Rev

Arcane
Ok, I'm finally going to buy this game thanks the 50% discount at Steam. Just one question, tho: is the season pass worth it?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, I'm finally going to buy this game thanks the 50% discount at Steam. Just one question, tho: is the season pass worth it?
The main game has plenty of content. If you want to explore everything it has to offer, you are looking at more than 100 hours of playtime.

Maybe the season pass is worth it, but chances are that the base game will be more than enough for you. I mean, there is no point in getting DLCs if you get fed up with the game.

Rev

Arcane
The main game has plenty of content. If you want to explore everything it has to offer, you are looking at more than 100 hours of playtime.

Maybe the season pass is worth it, but chances are that the base game will be more than enough for you. I mean, there is no point in getting DLCs if you get fed up with the game.
You have a point, but if the DLCs are worth it I don't have a problem buying them, especially if they're something like The White March for PoE, which was the top qualità content for the game.
On the other hand, if it's not that good or it doesn't add a lot of content I can skip it, or wait for a better price.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I really don't like the art direction and visual aspect in general. Do you guys eventally get used to it, or does it even become charming at some point ?
I know a few games that I found repulsive and ended up liking in the end, visually speaking (like Witcher 2 back then).
Does the game have some good looking locations (non-spoily screens are appreciated).

We're talking about several dozens of Gigs to dl and my bandwidth sucks major dicks, wanna make sure it's worh it.
Recommandations & feedback appreciated folks :)

Cael

Arcane
So that's a no then?
So that's a "no" then?
I rest my case on fanbois. Poor babies are so insecure they have to find solace in a computer game and defend it like islamic terrorists.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I really don't like the art direction and visual aspect in general. Do you guys eventally get used to it, or does it even become charming at some point ?
It definitely doesn't become charming, but bearable at best. The only cool aspects (IMHO, obviously) are monsters models:

CBDBC59777C47F66A4E6B9F65F762D5CA0984D18

F199D820D524A6531A92F3CA82F4D283EE84A4B1
Does the game have some good looking locations (non-spoily screens are appreciated).
Definitely not. Once you have seen the "generic looking wilderness" and the "generic looking dungeon" areas, you have seen everything the game has to offer locations-wise. Every map is either a green-brown exterior area or a grey-brick dungeon.
There are some exceptions during the last chapters, but it feels more like a variation of the standard area then something unique.

Parabalus

Arcane
Yes my experience was that act 2 to end work on a global timer (starts when you get your barnory). There seem to be variation in when troll trouble actually starts, but it does not matter in the end as the timer for the whole game is global and starts when you get your barony.
'varnhold's vanishing' and 'the twice born warlord' always happen back to back, nomatter the speed at which you complete VV (it is the only exception in the game), but the global timer is unchanged i.e you'll get LOADS of downtime if your rush both acts to completion.

Is this confirmed then?

It would mean there is some merit to exploring the full region, instead of rushing Act 1 being the automatic best choice.

As far as curses are concerned I didn't look too much into it to be honest, as they aren't really that prohibitive since the in-game time spent doing MQ is actually quite a small portion of the game compared to building kingdom, there is a high chance you'll be idling in the capital and leveling advisors when they happen.

My issue is that I entered the House before getting An Ancient Curse, Part VII (50 days left), couldn't delay more since the events were destroying the kingdom. This led me to believe that there are/were some mixed timers.

pomenitul

Arbiter

No. An evocative visual identity (not to be confused with grafixxx) is essential for a high-quality CRPG in my book, and PF:K simply doesn't deliver the goods.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So that's a no then?
So that's a "no" then?
I rest my case on fanbois. Poor babies are so insecure they have to find solace in a computer game and defend it like islamic terrorists.
So....?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So that's a no then?
So that's a "no" then?
Yes or no men don't hang the suspense.

Cael

Arcane
So that's a no then?
So that's a "no" then?
You're a barbarian. You guys hang anything. Start with that Arcanum gnome, willya?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So that's a no then?
So that's a "no" then?
You're a barbarian. You guys hang anything. Start with that Arcanum gnome, willya?
Hang him? Just put 'em on a stool and have them die of falling from heights.

Cael

Arcane
So that's a no then?
So that's a "no" then?
Hang him? Just put 'em on a stool and have them die of falling from heights.
Or use him as a stool. Whichever suits you.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
It definitely doesn't become charming, but bearable at best. The only cool aspects (IMHO, obviously) are monsters models:

CBDBC59777C47F66A4E6B9F65F762D5CA0984D18

F199D820D524A6531A92F3CA82F4D283EE84A4B1
Definitely not. Once you have seen the "generic looking wilderness" and the "generic looking dungeon" areas, you have seen everything the game has to offer locations-wise. Every map is either a green-brown exterior area or a grey-brick dungeon.
There are some exceptions during the last chapters, but it feels more like a variation of the standard area then something unique.

These do look lovely actually. Thank you !

No. An evocative visual identity (not to be confused with grafixxx) is essential for a high-quality CRPG in my book, and PF:K simply doesn't deliver the goods.
I wouldn't consider it essential, but it plays a big part for me. I mean hey, at the end of the day video games are video games after all.

Thanks for the feedback my dudes. I'll give it a try I think. I've never been too much of a fan of pathfinder's madness of a ruleset but I only heard good things about the module and how they implemented it (besides the fact it takes 200 hours, meh).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom