Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

GarlandExCon

Arcane
I'm really curious to see how they can top P5 when they do the next version in God knows how long. Can you imagine it being an, at least partial, VR experience where your social interactions are VR and your dungeon crawling is maybe still the view they used for P5?

Swigen

Arbiter
Whatever they come out with next I’ll be sure to hold off buying it for a couple years so I can get the complete version. Cocksuckers.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I'm really curious to see how they can top P5 when they do the next version in God knows how long. Can you imagine it being an, at least partial, VR experience where your social interactions are VR and your dungeon crawling is maybe still the view they used for P5?

I think the dev time for P6 will be much faster and that they will reuse much of P5 engine. There's no way they are going to overhaul it drastically.

SMT V is apparently in development hell as well according to some rumors.

Readher

Savant
It's honestly amazing how long Atlus managed to styt in bussiness considering how technically incompetent they are. It's probably only because no one else tried to copy them or did so insufficiently (ToCS, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, Caligula Overdose).

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The source for the rumors of SMT5 being in development hell is one anonymous guy on Resetera claiming he knows someone who works for Atlus. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The source for the rumors of SMT5 being in development hell is one anonymous guy on Resetera claiming he knows someone who works for Atlus. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

But taking his word with grain of salt means that I have to take the rumor of P5 The Royale coming to PC with grain of salt.

I want to believe man.

:negative:

Deflowerer

Arcane

We will probably know soon enough. If they can't even shit out something for TGS, something's up.

Readher

Savant
Saefags unite. She's the secret date in Valentine's OVA.

1561449986135.jpg

GarlandExCon

Arcane
Was there anyone here who didn't pick the teacher?

Dude, I picked them ALL. I think the one that is the most fun is the Goth Doctor though because she makes it all weird. Also, the reporter makes a big deal about the age difference, which is funny

Hyperion

Arcane
Yeah, I picked the Doctor too. The SP replenishing Accessories were insane. There wasn't a single dungeon I couldn't beat in a single Day with them.

Sucked her story was your stereotypical Doctor, bleeding heart nonsense, though.

flyingjohn

Arcane
aliens.png
aliens.png
aliens.png
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc...-a-multi-platform-series.122785/post-21801129

Persona 5 The Royale on PC is heavily rumored to come some months after it hits the PS4 in the west. I don't want to overplay my hand, but I'm sure some insiders can easily confirm it.

I won't burn the source I have, but yeah, 100% sure and people can quote me on that later. It's a source that spoiled every Atlus announces to me for the past 7 years in great details and I doubt I'm the only person he's in contact with. I don't doubt him. I also know for sure he's involved with SegaJap/Atlus, at a good position.

A Switch version of Persona 5 was never in talk, as far as I remember. It was mostly inflated wishful thinking or straight liars. That doesn't mean it won't come at some point, just that the rumors were bullshit at the time.

Oh and if you want one more thing, SMTV is in dev hell right now and you won't hear about it for some times. I'd be surprised if you hear about it again before BOTW2 release.

I hope you know you’re going to have to prove this to mods.
No problem, I can. I wouldn't say it otherwise.
Just for anybody wondering persona 5 pc ain't happening.
Sega games don't own atlus directly and even the Catherine port was given as direct sabotage to hinder any future pc ports. It selling well was a pleasant surprise for sega and a annoyance for Atlus. Atlus won't make the same mistake twice.

Link where sega eu talking about porting:
https://gamedaily.biz/article/995/s...-risks-on-streaming-and-subscription-services

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
Sega games don't own atlus directly and even the Catherine port was given as direct sabotage to hinder any future pc ports. It selling well was a pleasant surprise for sega and a annoyance for Atlus. Atlus won't make the same mistake twice.

Atlus mentioned PC and Steam specifically in their financial report released just a few days ago.

The environment surrounding the entertainment content business has become increasingly competitive, with the digital gaming industry consisting of products of high quality and leading IP.

In the field of packaged games, sales expectations are growing in the gaming market, mainly in Europe and the United States, as the current generation of game consoles become more widespread in the video game hardware market. Additionally, game distribution in the PC games market continues to expand, with platforms like Steam.

https://personacentral.com/atlus-financial-fiscal-year-2019/

That part about sabotage and annoyance is just your fanfiction, there's nothing stating that. Atlus' practices are as retarted when it comes to PC as they are when it comes to consoles. Their comment about emulation and the fact Persona shouldn't be playable on PC at the time, which likes to be cited as evidence of hatred towards PC, is not much different from their streaming restriction policies they practice on consoles or holding one series hostage to Nintendo and another to PS4. They're just terribly old-fashioned and stuck-up. It took a long time for Japanese companies to embrace PC gaming, Atlus will likely take twice as long but they'll definitely get there. The only question is whether it will happen sooner or later.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Heck in a time when multi-platform on Console is the norm, ATLUS stubbornly only releases their games one platform at a time.

flyingjohn

Arcane

Atlus mentioned PC and Steam specifically in their financial report released just a few days ago.

The environment surrounding the entertainment content business has become increasingly competitive, with the digital gaming industry consisting of products of high quality and leading IP.

In the field of packaged games, sales expectations are growing in the gaming market, mainly in Europe and the United States, as the current generation of game consoles become more widespread in the video game hardware market. Additionally, game distribution in the PC games market continues to expand, with platforms like Steam.

https://personacentral.com/atlus-financial-fiscal-year-2019/

That part about sabotage and annoyance is just your fanfiction, there's nothing stating that. Atlus' practices are as retarted when it comes to PC as they are when it comes to consoles. Their comment about emulation and the fact Persona shouldn't be playable on PC at the time, which likes to be cited as evidence of hatred towards PC, is not much different from their streaming restriction policies they practice on consoles or holding one series hostage to Nintendo and another to PS4. They're just terribly old-fashioned and stuck-up. It took a long time for Japanese companies to embrace PC gaming, Atlus will likely take twice as long but they'll definitely get there. The only question is whether it will happen sooner or later.

We will see if they allow the new version catherine to be ported to pc after it comes tot he West.

Puukko

Arcane
So I guess Persona Q2 is out and features characters from P5
People were playing it in late May already since it leaked. Supposedly it's pretty good, fixing some of 1's issues while focusing almost exclusively on 5's cast. Haven't played either though.

Readher

Savant
New PV trailer:

Since the thread is pretty dry and lacks a lot of videos released during the promotional campaign, I decided to compile them into one post for those who didn't follow the news rigorously.

PVs:
Character introductions:
Morgana's reports:
Miscellaneous:

GarlandExCon

Arcane
So fucking excited!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/1...the-phantom-strikers-debuts-in-japan-in-2020/

You never saw it coming. Or hey, maybe you did. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers is headed to PlayStation 4 and Switch on February 20, 2020 in Japan.

Atlus just broke the news as well as the first official trailer, with plenty of new details to take in as well. Unfortunately, as is always the case, this is all exclusive to Japan for now until we get word on an official Western release date.

The action RPG will feature a brand new story that takes place after the events of Persona 5 – half a year, in fact. The Phantom Thieves get together for summer vacation but find themselves wrapped up in a “new incident” with additional mysteries popping up all over Japan. It looks like Palaces have made a return.

This time around, you’ll get to play as all members of the Phantom Thieves, not just Joker, as you explore the cities, fight off Shadows, and summon your Personas.

The game will come in two editions: Standard and the Treasure Box. The Treasure Box will come with the following:

• A copy of the game
  • Newly-illustrated special box
  • Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers art book (48 pages)
  • Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers original soundtrack (45 tracks)
  • Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers theme song “You Are Stronger” (lyrics by Lotus Juice, vocals by Lyn) making-of Blu-ray disc
  • Morgana towel (350mm x 900mm)
  • Persona Team original design sacoche

That bit about playing as all the members of the Phantom Thieves makes me wonder if you'll be able to set what everyone does during the time management section of the game...that is if this does have that from the normal Persona games, and that bit where they're all eating together looks like it's there at least.

Being able to set what everyone does as opposed to just Joker was something I definitely wished normal Persona 5 did.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
When I read action Persona I didn't expect a Warrirors game. I guess people do liket that style of game huh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom