Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What’s Your Favourite post-Morrowind Bethesda Game ?

What’s Your Favourite post-Morrowind Bethesda Game ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Falksi

Arcane
Out the ones I played..........

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Playable shit. Once through for giggles. :2/5:

Fallout 3 - Brilliant once-through experience, very little to return to afterwards. :4/5:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Meh. Shit RPG, but I got 20 or so enjoyable-ish hours out of seeing everything it had to offer. :3/5:

Fallout 4 - Dull, dire, bland, awful wank. :0/5:

as a "grand theft dragon", skyrim is an overall better game than the oh so praised gta4 (is the fourth the one with the insufferable gopnik? i mean that one). but generally speaking they're all bad.

CoolioMaximus

Novice
When I was, a young boy I thought Oblivion was 'da best gaem evur.' It was just like Morrowind, but it had beautiful new graphics, and an extremely unique and interesting fantasy world to explore. As an adult I don't think I could even replay Oblivion for nostalgia's sake. Even though Fallout 3 is *pretty bad* it's a step up from Oblivion, although I did not care for Skyrim whatsoever. Fallout 4 is red hot garbage, but with mods....it's a passable AAA Looter-Shooter (Featuring Power Armor from the Fallout™ Series~). Skyrim and F4 were the final nail(s) in Bethesda's coffin for me, so I don't really know what the fuck Fallout 76 or TES Blades even are at this point.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Voted Fallout 3, since it is the only one of those mentioned that I managed to complete - vanilla to boot. Then again my taste in games was a tad more pedestrian back then.

Got bored with Oblivion pretty quick, even with a bunch of mods installed. Pretty much the same deal with Skyrim, but I would rate it a bit higher since I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with that game. Every six months or so, I install Skyrim and spend a couple of days browsing and installing mods. Then, 10 or so hours in, I either get bored, or my saves get corrupted, or it crashes every 45 minutes, so I uninstall everything in a fit of rage. Once some time has passed, the circle begins anew.

Haven't played the rest.

Curratum

I can't lie, I played Oblivion for like 200 hours and I have nothing but fond memories.

Granted, I have no idea what the game is like in vanilla, I spent something like 3 months collecting mods before I bought the PC that could run it and had maybe 50 mods, all of which changed gameplay aspects, balance, itemization and controls / UX, so I'm not equipped to comment on the vanilla game.

Swigen

Arbiter
Doom. The reversible cover art and the controller skin that came with the physical release was pretty damn cool too.

Suicidal

Arcane
Out of the ones developed by Bethesda I only played Oblivion and I hated it. I played it when I was like 15 and my standards for games were still low enough to tolerate shitty no-name eurojank I occasionally found at the local supermarket and I still hated it. I hated it so much that my hate led me to the Codex because it had the only review that wasn't sucking that shit game's dick at the time.

Lemming42

Arcane
Oblivion is terrible. I don't know what went wrong, it's like just about every person working on it fucked up somehow.

Fallout 3 is a better game than Oblivion but the damage it does to Fallout is hard to get over. Just pretend you're not playing a Fallout game and you might be able to scrape together an hour or two of tepid fun blowing the shit out of Feral Ghouls and staring at all the nice ruins. I like the art direction quite a lot, that's the one wholly positive point.

Skyrim is good when you finally calm down and accept it for what it is. It doesn't damage TES in the same way Fallout 3 damages Fallout, and it's got a well-designed world map. About half the dungeons are boring (a criticism it shares with every TES game, honestly) and the other half are interestingly designed, or feature interesting loot, interesting lore, so on. Combat is floaty bullshit but perfectly serviceable for what the game is trying to do. I didn't hesitate to vote for Skyrim in this poll.

Fallout 4 is just shocking. Worse than Fallout 3, both as a game and as a Fallout title. Total shit. Haven't played any Bethesda game since, so no opinion on Fo76.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I think Fallout 4 probably had the best combat, and I liked the attempt at doing Obsidian style factions even if it failed. Skyrim is still the better Bethesda style game though, and the only one since Morrowind I would entertain possibly being "good" (whatever that means).

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Oblivion. That was my first game ever with next-gen graphics. I missed the entire TES series on PC. Oblivion's graphics were mind-blowing when I loaded it up on my PS3 and HDTV for the first time. Soundtrack is top notch. All that held my attention, and I had multiple playthroughs with vanilla. Never beat the main story, though. I kept restarting different builds and shit.

Before that game, hard to tell what was the nicest graphics I've played on. Possibly Age of Mythology, maybe.

And before you Cuckdex faggots talk shit, I was playing PST, Fallout, Pool of Radiance, and Darklands before any of you faggots knew of those games (before becoming Cuckdex hipsters).

Skyrim without mods held my attention for literally 15 minutes. I think Oblivion just came at the perfect time because it wouldn't be enjoyable today without a boatload of mods. It was something I've never seen prior.

I think Oblivion was the least shit because at least quests were not total shit, and in a voice-acted game that's often one of the hardest things to mod into being good. Skyrim suffered this a lot more heavily because it had bad quests and they couldn't really be fixed by modding.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New Vegas - oh wait it was made by a different company.

Nehrim and Enderal - oh wait those are total conversion mods made by independent modders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom