Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
he is making a game for the Original Sin 2 audience
Quite. And as we've seen, the D:OS2 audience is people for whom playing a top-down RPG like D:OS2 was an exception, not the norm. The norm for them is 3D action "RPGs".

Reinhardt

Arcane
First screenshot!

1.jpg
You really think BG3 will have good combat?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Few 100,000? L0L

That said, it is always amusing to see people work on a game series and system they so clearly hate.

Why should I be excited about a game being made by people who hate BG and D&D? LMAO

This 'unfun' game has been attracting players, fans, and gamers for decades. LMAO

Curratum

For real, though, how many people do you think are the core IE BG audience who want the game to be like the old ones, and are willing to buy the game on release / still actively interested in gaming?

I'd say no more than 50-ish thousand at best.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
For real, though, how many people do you think are the core IE BG audience who want the game to be like the old ones, and are willing to buy the game on release / still actively interested in gaming?

I'd say no more than 50-ish thousand at best.

If we're going by Lilura's blog numbers, there surely must be billions.

Curratum

All I'm saying is, neither Larian nor WotSee are going to shoot themselves in the foot and release a game that will sell 60 thousand copies on launch month.

Keep your fingers crossed, say your favorite prayers and hope that they manage to adapt 5E to a degree that is recognizable and relatively fun in whatever mode of gameplay they use in BG3.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
neither classical RTWP or turn-based but something different.

Called it :smug:
You and quite a few people here. The difference is that most of them took it as a joke. There was no way that the game would have been a classical rtwp with birdview camera. It was going to be either third person or turn based. Tho it still could be a turn based garbage in third person view.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This 'unfun' game
That's just marketing speak for "we are going to change everything to attract more people". Otherwise it comes off as arrogant. "You don't know what fun is. You've had fun all these years with this game? Fuck you, you are wrong and plebeian, we'll show you the way."

rusiano

Novice
This is the game which I wait for. What I want to see that it could support community mods, so there could be some tweaks, improvements and additional content.

Mud'

Scholar
Why should I be excited about a game being made by people who hate BG and D&D? LMAO

My biggest wish ever since D:OS 1 & 2 was that somehow Swen would get the rights of Ultima and make a Ultima game, in all the interviews he had about D:OS he always said that Ultima was his inspiration and favorite game.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the game which I wait for. What I want to see that it could support community mods, so there could be some tweaks, improvements and additional content.

I kinda wish English wasn't my first language as well at this point; so I also couldn't see the writing on the wall.
:happytrollboy:

Thonius

Arcane
My prediction: it will be shit but lots of people will eat it and ask for more, aka fallout 3 scenario.
At this point all the bits of interviews just keep confirming that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"I want you to be able to see the combat before I tell you what it'll be like, otherwise we'll have months of fan raging"

(Would not be a big deal with real time with pause or even turn based combat)

Props to the Germans for asking the right questions unlike the shallow Americans. The right non-answer is an answer in itself.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"All I'm saying is, neither Larian nor WotSee are going to shoot themselves in the foot and release a game that will sell 60 thousand copies on launch month.

Keep your fingers crossed, say your favorite prayers and hope that they manage to adapt 5E to a degree that is recognizable and relatively fun in whatever mode of gameplay they use in BG3"

Your logic is dumb. Youa re claiming that all the BG 'fanboys' are no longer playing games so no use targeting them? If that is true, why use the BG name/series at all? Why not make another game set in the Realms with a different name. I know why. Because the name has value and the 'fanbase' is there.

I said this before. The only reason why they don't care about the actual BG/D&D fanbase is because they already got them. They don't need to kiss their asses. They need to hoodwink the non D7D/non BG fans into buying the game.

Again, I just find it funny thata company that hates BG and hates D7D wants to make a game using them.

I have to claim POTENTIAL SABOTAGE.

I just hope for a playable game to pass the time because no way with such hatred they hold for BG/D&D will they ever do it justice. :PP

Artyoan

Arbiter
If they really want party akshun rpg game BG3 they should ask guys behind Dragon's Dogma.
this but unironically
The pawn system remains one of my favorite examples of user created content. Whether it is appropriate or not for BG3 may be up for debate, but that particular system seems like it would be great for a CRPG. Make half your party, the other half is filled with other people's creations you find in taverns, towns, or all over the world. Allow them to be customizable enough that they look unique and act in accordance with what their creator has taught them to do.

Quillon

Arcane
rpgs-1561506985068_960w.jpg

This image clearly foretells that BG3 will rule over CP77 & TOW as the greatest akshun RPG of all time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom