Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, I found my second exalt this league, which is clearly a message from ggg that it's time to move on to better things. Since my current character is limited by the market*, I am now soliciting for builds that are suited for first time shaper kills(on hc, so no 4K ehp chars please). Bearing in mind my previous record is Minotaur.

*13ex for a minrolled starforge/disfavor. Fucken hell.

Gerrard

Arcane
Just use a rare sword and make crit cyclone? Or even Terminus Est.
Or Champion impale facebreakers.

T. Reich

Arcane
Terminus Est, Doomsower, Kongor's Undying Rage, Sinvicta's Mettle, Hezmana's Bloodlust, Kitava's Feast, Hegemony's Era - any of those 2h weapons will provide you with 1mil+ dps cyclone (if used with impale) on a zerker or slayer.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Terminus Est, Doomsower, Kongor's Undying Rage, Sinvicta's Mettle, Hezmana's Bloodlust, Kitava's Feast, Hegemony's Era - any of those 2h weapons will provide you with 1mil+ dps cyclone (if used with impale) on a zerker or slayer.
In theory perhaps. In practice, I'm finding it hard to go much above 400k with sinvictas. :shrug:

I am admittedly not using impale, so maybe I should try and find a way to add that.

edit: by my calculations, getting most of the impale nodes on the tree provides about 25% more damage? PoB doesn't seem to count it properly though. This is quite a lot of more damage, I need to reconsider my gem setup if it's worth adding impale support as well. Might be time to chuck Bringer of Rain too.

Last edited:

T. Reich

Arcane
Here's the PoB pastebin for the sinvicta's phys cyclone zerk I'm about to roll. Got all gear prepared already. SSF BTW.
Note the tooltip dps. Notice I'm not using flasks for it. Notice no onslaught. Notice the sand stance.
On impale: I have 100% impale on hit, 108% impale effect. That translates into (100% hit*10% more dmg per hit*108% effect*5 stacks) 104% MORE damage on top of the tooltip.
Helpful vid on impale and why it's OP:

The cost of impale? 1 support gem (also comes with 15% more dmg on it) + 7-ish passives (2 clusters + pathing) + 10% mana reserved for a banner.
Here's the mace version with Kongor's. More tooltip dps and aoe, easier res, perma onslaught, but you lose rampage and associated bonuses from Sinvicta.
Terminus Est sword crit version. MUCH better dps at cost of some life leech rate and aoe.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In theory perhaps. In practice, I'm finding it hard to go much above 400k with sinvictas. :shrug:

I am admittedly not using impale, so maybe I should try and find a way to add that.

edit: by my calculations, getting most of the impale nodes on the tree provides about 25% more damage? PoB doesn't seem to count it properly though. This is quite a lot of more damage, I need to reconsider my gem setup if it's worth adding impale support as well. Might be time to chuck Bringer of Rain too.

What flasks are you using?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

Writhing jar, health, chaos res, onslaught, lions roar.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Writhing jar, health, chaos res, onslaught, lions roar.

Depending on whether you're using brutality, it might be worth throwing a taste of hate and the cheap atziri one in as well.

Gerrard

Arcane
I have this problem again of wanting to make too many builds. :negative:
Counterattack Gladiator with Facebreakers is hilarious but unfortunately absolutely useless in monoliths. Also the change to enemy attack animations actually made it worse since now you can move through a pack before anything hits you.

Before the league started I had this idea for JUGGG olten Shell and I had like 400K armor, but of course GGG had to go and put a fucking cap on it.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Right, so update:
Using Treichs pob as inspiration I got my dps up to a nicely theoretical 800k or so. Then I ripped against a tier 8 elder guardian*, which is pretty fucking embarassing given I've killed them a few times before.The main trick was dropping blood magic for more auras, and speccing into impale.

*the lightning guy has an unexpectedly powerful attack of some kind, although there were so many particle effects flying around him it's hard to tell what happened, but it felt like a 2-shot

I'm deliberating between a cospris coc frostnova/frostbolt and a CI whispering ice at the moment. The latter should have more survivability, but adjusting to lower clear speed would be a pain.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Right, so update:
Using Treichs pob as inspiration I got my dps up to a nicely theoretical 800k or so. Then I ripped against a tier 8 elder guardian*, which is pretty fucking embarassing given I've killed them a few times before.The main trick was dropping blood magic for more auras, and speccing into impale.

*the lightning guy has an unexpectedly powerful attack of some kind, although there were so many particle effects flying around him it's hard to tell what happened, but it felt like a 2-shot

I'm deliberating between a cospris coc frostnova/frostbolt and a CI whispering ice at the moment. The latter should have more survivability, but adjusting to lower clear speed would be a pain.

I used this build this league:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1995010

Easiest uber elder kill I've ever had.

Perkel

Arcane
Great farmed whole weak to get two stones for that league fight.
Killed everyone including bosses.

Time is nearly ending i get to central crystal, it send me new mobs ?

Time ends and i get 2 card stacks, 1 orb of regret and some vall item.

The fuck is this ?

Amazing POE expansion. Bravo.
I am assuming that this was fucking bug ?
Because it feels like i didn't get rewards for previous killing but only for those new few mobs i killed...

edit:

bought 2 same timeless stones. Redid it but avoided central pillar. Nope this is what you fucking get. This time 1 incubator 2 alchemy and some other currency but barely anything compared to actual rifts lol.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Great farmed whole weak to get two stones for that league fight.
Killed everyone including bosses.

Time is nearly ending i get to central crystal, it send me new mobs ?

Time ends and i get 2 card stacks, 1 orb of regret and some vall item.

The fuck is this ?

Amazing POE expansion. Bravo.
I am assuming that this was fucking bug ?
Because it feels like i didn't get rewards for previous killing but only for those new few mobs i killed...

edit:

bought 2 same timeless stones. Redid it but avoided central pillar. Nope this is what you fucking get. This time 1 incubator 2 alchemy and some other currency but barely anything compared to actual rifts lol.

You're supposed to clear all the generals and mobs that are up and then go to the central pillar to respawn them.

With 5 stones and good clear speed you'll have a screen of loot, even with a strict lootfilter.

Perkel

Arcane
You're supposed to clear all the generals and mobs that are up and then go to the central pillar to respawn them.
With 5 stones and good clear speed you'll have a screen of loot, even with a strict lootfilter.

Great, good that this was explained in game... not.

Remind me a lot of mastermind event. Farm a week for this very hard encounter and then die because mastermind has inv. period with almost no indication what you should do.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Great, good that this was explained in game... not.

Remind me a lot of mastermind event. Farm a week for this very hard encounter and then die because mastermind has inv. period with almost no indication what you should do.

Yeah, pissed me off as I did 4 stones first and completed the first wave with like three minutes left. I didn't realise you could respawn in the middle until I accidentally wandered into the stone with like 30 seconds left.

Incidentally, another thing that isn't explained, you have to do 4 stones before you unlock the 5th slot in the map device.

PapaPetro

Yeah, pissed me off as I did 4 stones first and completed the first wave with like three minutes left. I didn't realise you could respawn in the middle until I accidentally wandered into the stone with like 30 seconds left.

Incidentally, another thing that isn't explained, you have to do 4 stones before you unlock the 5th slot in the map device.
And that 5 way run isn't worth running at current prices (~250c /run last time I checked), unless you need the challenge completion. Even with a HH, it's still a gamble with 4 or 5 loot bars as the price of timeless jewels are saturated and there's no effective method to market the sales of good jewels.
You could use that extra map slot to juice your maps a little more, but that's not nessessary as this league is dropping t16s like candy with little investment (sextants only will allow map sustain).

Seems like the best economic stategy is to run alch and go white map like glacier, block it so that only glaciers drop, and then speed farm just the legion monolith by the start of the map and repeat. Sell maraketh and templar splinter/emblems and incubators in bulk for bank.

Balor

Arcane
Seems like it based on my observations. While it sound like a soul-crushing boredom when used as an ends in itself, seems like a viable option to farm currency for SSF characters with a fun, but suboptimal build so you can finally tackle higher end content...
I, personally, play SSF only because I know for sure that engaging in trading would spell the end of interest in the game for me pretty quickly (not to mention seems like a major PITA - a total lose-lose situation if you ask me).
Too bad there is no middle ground like actual rebalance of SSF drops.

Perkel

Arcane
695g329slm731.png

ArchAngel

Arcane

And that 5 way run isn't worth running at current prices (~250c /run last time I checked), unless you need the challenge completion. Even with a HH, it's still a gamble with 4 or 5 loot bars as the price of timeless jewels are saturated and there's no effective method to market the sales of good jewels.
You could use that extra map slot to juice your maps a little more, but that's not nessessary as this league is dropping t16s like candy with little investment (sextants only will allow map sustain).

Seems like the best economic stategy is to run alch and go white map like glacier, block it so that only glaciers drop, and then speed farm just the legion monolith by the start of the map and repeat. Sell maraketh and templar splinter/emblems and incubators in bulk for bank.
Delve fossil farming is better if you want to earn money fast and you don't need to block anything or fuck around with maps.

Just find a nice long delve in area where serrated fossils can drop and go around and check all passages for fossils. If you don't break any walls you can repeat same area infinite times and it always spawns new loot.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
oh boy after nearly 1400 hours on steam alone (not counting before steam release even) finally something good happened to me.

Checked trade price. Around 5-7ex. Not like i trade though.

unknown.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom