Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is the denial period over yet?

You should embrace the fact that Realms of Arcania (lol) Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles is your Lord and Saviour.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Novel solution: It won't have combat system, because it's gonna be visual novel to get the weeaboo dweeb base!

sullynathan

Arcane
If they really want party akshun rpg game BG3 they should ask guys behind Dragon's Dogma.
this but unironically
The pawn system remains one of my favorite examples of user created content. Whether it is appropriate or not for BG3 may be up for debate, but that particular system seems like it would be great for a CRPG. Make half your party, the other half is filled with other people's creations you find in taverns, towns, or all over the world. Allow them to be customizable enough that they look unique and act in accordance with what their creator has taught them to do.
It's fucked when no one plays the game anymore

UnknownBro

Savant
rpgs-1561506985068_960w.jpg

This image clearly foretells that BG3 will rule over CP77 & TOW as the greatest akshun RPG of all time!

126bv2h.png

"Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and down. May contain cliches, plain themes, lame humor, elf blood tears and frequent use of fantasy tropes".

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Please let there be no multiclass shenangians. I almost vomited when accidently opened PoI2 forums - it was plagued by billions of multiclass shit, pure classes were almost nonexistant.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Please let there be no multiclass shenangians. I almost vomited when accidently opened PoI2 forums - it was plagued by billions of multiclass shit, pure classes were almost nonexistant.

Multiclassing is much less common in 5e compared to 3.5 in my experience.

I guess it depends how closely they follow the ruleset.

Curratum

You should embrace the fact that Realms of Arcania (lol) Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles is your Lord and Saviour.

I really don't think an RPG that has exhaustion, hunger, thirst and sanity meters is the savior of anyone but full-blown autists.

Codex Year of the Donut
"I want you to be able to see the combat before I tell you what it'll be like, otherwise we'll have months of fan raging"

(Would not be a big deal with real time with pause or even turn based combat)

Props to the Germans for asking the right questions unlike the shallow Americans. The right non-answer is an answer in itself.
That tells us nothing. It just as easily points towards it being turn-based and people being upset that it's not RTwP like the original.

Curratum

"I want you to be able to see the combat before I tell you what it'll be like, otherwise we'll have months of fan raging"

Props to the Germans for asking the right questions unlike the shallow Americans. The right non-answer is an answer in itself.
That tells us nothing. It just as easily points towards it being turn-based and people being upset that it's not RTwP like the original.

You have to be on real nasty drugs to think they will make it turn-based.

Thonius

Arcane
"All I'm saying is, neither Larian nor WotSee are going to shoot themselves in the foot and release a game that will sell 60 thousand copies on launch month.

Keep your fingers crossed, say your favorite prayers and hope that they manage to adapt 5E to a degree that is recognizable and relatively fun in whatever mode of gameplay they use in BG3"

Your logic is dumb. Youa re claiming that all the BG 'fanboys' are no longer playing games so no use targeting them? If that is true, why use the BG name/series at all? Why not make another game set in the Realms with a different name. I know why. Because the name has value and the 'fanbase' is there.

I said this before. The only reason why they don't care about the actual BG/D&D fanbase is because they already got them. They don't need to kiss their asses. They need to hoodwink the non D7D/non BG fans into buying the game.

Again, I just find it funny thata company that hates BG and hates D7D wants to make a game using them.

I have to claim POTENTIAL SABOTAGE.

I just hope for a playable game to pass the time because no way with such hatred they hold for BG/D&D will they ever do it justice. :PP
Yeah WOTCS shot themselves in the foot multiple times with poor license handling

Dodo1610

Arcane

Sure, but it's not the first time that Swen suggested that BG3 will be different from what we expected.

volklore

Arcane

Did you actually see steam forums and reddit threads after the announcement ? If you think that it being turn-based or RTwP would have been a non issue, you haven't been reading. It was all RTwP vs TB rage on there.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This thread is literally hundreds of pages of people making random assumptions and then building up on them. Majestic stuff

Curratum

Most people's assumptions are based on some sort of logic but the train of thought, no matter how well structured, is moving in a direction that may be different from the reality of the game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I really don't think an RPG that has exhaustion, hunger, thirst and sanity meters is the savior of anyone but full-blown autists.
How does this invalidate my argument?

Most people's assumptions are based on some sort of logic but the train of thought, no matter how well structured, is moving in a direction that may be different from the reality of the game.
Maybe so, but I've always cited where my suspicions stem from, and it's not so difficult to read between the lines with the info that we do have.

Curratum

Maybe so, but I've always cited where my suspicions stem from, and it's not so difficult to read between the lines with the info that we do have.

That's the thing - with the info we have so far, it's impossible to read between the lines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom