Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Irata

Scholar
So essentially you need to spend (or have recently spent) 150 USD in the store to get one 5 dollar voucher? Clearly Valve doesn't think Epic is threat.

Yet another mediocre sale too. If I agree to waive my right to refund games can I get the old flash sales back please?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Sometimes a man needs to shut his brain down, I hope this captures dat auld Zombie Shooter feel:

rRJx7bp.png

:obviously:

Another thing I noticed that they changed after the fact, the point reward for completed achievements on games was halved (Or more). 100% on Primordia being worth 22,000 yesterday now being worth 11,000 today for example, which is still a moot point given that they completely neutered the capacity for points. Apparently should've been taking screenshots of every page at every point, just like multiple rules changed yesterday (The starting bonus tokens turning into capacity which was then never added to my account anyway as one example) they're still fucking with stuff. They'll probably magically add a listing in the rules that says "Oh yeah bro your capacity resets every day" too.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got

which is only 7 bucks in my country, thanks Koei :M

and

even though I haven't finished Yakuza 0.

I just realized that my most favorite 4 games of this year are all Japanese games (RE2, DMC5, Sekiro and Phoenix Wright trilogy), hope I can keep that streak :bounce:

Curratum

Claim 100/12120 Points Now

Good show, Steam, you fucking pricks. It's day THREE, so my boost capacity should be AT LEAST 300, really, more, because I spent like 10 EUR which should bring another 10 x 121 points.

What a shitshow.

How do you do that Steam embedded linky thing?

copy url and post it under "media" button, like a video link

Edit: God damn. Going through ridiculous mental gymnastics to figure out how much I want to spend based on potential maximum coupons earned over the sale, since it's most effective to buy during the first day to increase your "Earnings" over the event.
Right now I'd get 3 coupons over the sale if I spent $0. If I bought Dark Souls Remaster, Project Warlock, and Amid Evil I'd spend $26 but earn 6 coupon over the sale, essentially meaning those 3 games would total $11 which I'm perfectly content with.

deuxhero

Arcane
Since I received money from two rebates as prepaid debit cards that expired in a few months and didn't want to deal with getting uneven amounts off of them, I dumped them into Steam wallet funds (I also had a few others I dumped into Amazon gift codes). Between that and putting off new shit for a while, I've had a larger than typical haul this time.

Kingmaker+DLC
Kingdom Come +DLC
Vigilantes
Atom
Divinity OS2
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

I've realized that gives me enough points to get a 5 buck off coupon. May buy Ritual of the Night with that.

Yosharian

Arcane
The first Tomb Raider reboot was new and different, worth playing.

Every sequel since then has been EXACTLY THE SAME GAME except without all the stuff that made the first game compelling.

Rise of the Tomb Raider my arse.

Don't waste your money.

deuxhero

Arcane
Matalarata
Already got it by the time you posted.

At the second boss right now, who is kicking my ass on normal difficulty. So far so good. Opening stage was a bit easy, but after that the difficulty spikes up to what I'd expect from the early game. There's a high degree of polish here, and there's lots of little things that add up. One thing I would have never thought to ask for but love a lot is that, if you enter a room transition barrier and hold the opposite direction after the screen goes black, you return to the room you were in, with all the enemies respawned, without having to go to the room on the other side. That level of detail shows someone put a good deal of thought into the game's mechanics.

On the downside, it has that problem 3D sidescrolls have where the hitboxes aren't 100% clear a lot of the time. Game might be short, since I'm at over 10% map completion less than 80 minutes in, but I have no idea if there's any second castle or whatnot.

Curratum

Fucking thing finally unbugged itself. today I have 2000 in max boost capacity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom