Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Curratum

The two little film clippings, right of the insert image picture icon with the mountains.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
deuxhero RoTN is nice but surprisingly easy... You can unlock Hard and Nightmare sifficulty in NG+ but they will be unlocked from the start if you name your profile NIGHTMARE, I will probably restart on hard since I played very little up untill now.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The first Tomb Raider reboot was new and different, worth playing.

Every sequel since then has been EXACTLY THE SAME GAME except without all the stuff that made the first game compelling.

Rise of the Tomb Raider my arse.

Don't waste your money.
Does the first game have a complete story or the sequels are needed for that?

Curratum

Don't touch any of those new TR games, they're all balls. No real sense of Indy Jones-style adventuring, it's just an edgy teen action novel.

Yosharian

Arcane
The first Tomb Raider reboot was new and different, worth playing.

Every sequel since then has been EXACTLY THE SAME GAME except without all the stuff that made the first game compelling.

Rise of the Tomb Raider my arse.

Don't waste your money.
Does the first game have a complete story or the sequels are needed for that?
The first game charts Lara's rise from naive moron to naive moron who knows how to survive, it's moderately compelling as long as you keep your expectations in check

Rise is just the first game, repeated, without any of the rise stuff, so instead of a rather mediocre character arc, there's no arc whatsoever

I would tell you that yes, the first game has a complete story, but that would rather hint that the story is worth shit, which it isn't, but yes, it's a complete story

mastroego

Arcane
It goes without saying that you don't play them for the "story".
It's kind of fun completing stuff and shit though.
I even got the achievement for shooting a bottle out of the sky :)
I don't regret the purchase, discounted - again, it goes without saying.

Don Peste

Arcane
They added "Qualifier Tasks" :lol: (hey it's free points), Corgi was nuked from orbit, and I guess I might end up being able to get a $5 discount for free? Bah who knows.

(hey it's free points)
Free points after dropping me back to square 1 with the baseline starting 100 capacity, regardless of me buying shit during this sale or the previous sale! :outrage:
Though honestly it probably doesn't matter at this point. Assuming it remains at roughly 2,100 points a day I should be able to get one or two $5 coupons. Wonder if those have an expiration date, if they have to be used during this sale or if I can just sit on them.

Dexter

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1612767708782238286
The Grand Prix Summer Races are Full Speed Ahead
29 Jun @ 3:31am - christen

Congrats to the winners at Magic Mountain on Day 3, and a special welcome to the podium to Pig... in a Blanket! Corgi would appear to be unstoppable, but the Grand Prix can still be taken by any of the teams.

The first few days of the Grand Prix have been dynamic and dramatic, to the point that some of you have started to wonder what's going on under the hood. We want to assure you that we are not manually intervening in the outcome of a given day's race. Each team's progress is fueled by its active number of players and the points and boosts they contribute.

Racers, we’ve heard your feedback – you want to race! We have added more ways to participate in the Grand Prix for free. Introducing: Qualifier Tasks. Now in addition to grabbing deals in the Summer Sale, players may join the races for free by first completing one or more of these objectives. Each completed task increases a driver's max points by 500, enabling you to complete Grand Prix Quests and claim Achievements.

587e8fd0bd201e64bdcda10e46b6e6427b11d5bf.png

Also, you know those Achievement points we made you throw away rather than claim? Those are now back in the hopper, ready for claiming. Additionally, whenever you claim Achievement points, any available beyond your current max points will now be saved. You can increase your max points and then return to claim them at any time throughout the Grand Prix races.

We've also tried to clarify the team positions with some changes to the track – let us know what you think!

Lastly, we've heard you on the Grand Prix Badge. Man that thing is hefty! It is awarding *signficantly* more XP than intended. We'll be fixing this bug soon, lightening the value of the badge. While this may be dissappointing in the short term, we want to respect the value of past and future badges earned and feel this correction is the fairest measure we can take to make things right. If you no longer love your Grand Prix Badge, you will be able to exchange it at the Pit Stop for the number of of tokens you've spent on it.

Best of luck to all the teams in the Rainbow Ring during Day 4!
They're taking ppl's e-peen away!

Curratum

My capacity is 100 again. And now there are new rules and shit on the game. Again. This sale metagame has changed every day it's launched and sometimes multiple times in the span of a single day.:deathclaw:

Yours and mine both, brother. I had 2000 max boost capacity yesterday. The game is such a hideous shitshow...

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
They added "Qualifier Tasks" :lol: (hey it's free points), Corgi was nuked from orbit, and I guess I might end up being able to get a $5 discount for free? Bah who knows.

"Task #1: Play a new game."

That's a very vague description, so I click on it in hope of learning more.

Steam opens up a list of "Free 2 Play games on Steam".

facepalm.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*Goes to travel around Bohemia on summer holidays*

*Steam Summer sale goes live*

Let's check my phone. Oh! Nice! Cool things I will buy on Steam when I come back. Recently I really got into ArmA 3. It seems if you have ArmA 3 already the next expansion (about Poland! :love: )will be cheaper! Czechs and Bohemia Interactive are so cool!

*comes back home and ready to buy stuff*

What the fuck the price went up. Fuck you Bohemia (Interactive).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm going to buy UnReal World, because such a project of pure, unfiltered, finnish autism has to be supported.

I agree with supporting the UnReal World, but isn't buying that Steam version just paying for better grafix? Game is free to download at the official site. Maybe it lags in version behind commercial one, though.
http://www.unrealworld.fi/

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm going to buy UnReal World, because such a project of pure, unfiltered, finnish autism has to be supported.

I agree with supporting the UnReal World, but isn't buying that Steam version just paying for better grafix? Game is free to download at the official site. Maybe it lags in version behind commercial one, though.
http://www.unrealworld.fi/

I think it gets updated first as well. But yes, I'm mostly paying to support, the free version isn't bad. I don't know if they are identical though.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom