Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Reinhardt

Arcane
Oh, it gets better: She also kept/gained Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword.
:shredder:

Iirc amiri has power attack at level 1 doesn't she?
The respec tool only resets companions to their default state
Nope. I actually loaded an earlier save just to check if she did or not, but she didn't. She starts with Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword (from Human) and Toughness (from Barbarian 1), confirmed by her class progression page. But if you respec her, this changes to EWP: BS (again, from Human) and... Power Attack (from Barb 1). However... she still gets Toughness. Somehow.

Bonus round: I reloaded, manually removed both Toughness and Power Attack from her, and then used the respec function - same result.

Whatever template it pulls the Lvl 1 characters from for use with the respec function isn't the same template that is actually used when originally assigning the characters, or something; and in the former template, Amiri gets Power Attack instead of Toughness, and gets Toughness from fucking nowhere.
The ingame respec tool sucks anyways due to limitations I listed & not letting casters that learn from scrolls keep their learned spells
use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7
I don't really like it, since it also resets the looks and shit of companions, which is just a fucking hassle to get right again. The only reason I'm even respeccing is to unfuck the fuckups of another mod.

Nigga, changing portrait is the only valid reason to respec.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh, it gets better: She also kept/gained Weapon Focus: Bastard Sword.
:shredder:

Iirc amiri has power attack at level 1 doesn't she?
The respec tool only resets companions to their default state
Nope. I actually loaded an earlier save just to check if she did or not, but she didn't. She starts with Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword (from Human) and Toughness (from Barbarian 1), confirmed by her class progression page. But if you respec her, this changes to EWP: BS (again, from Human) and... Power Attack (from Barb 1). However... she still gets Toughness. Somehow.

Bonus round: I reloaded, manually removed both Toughness and Power Attack from her, and then used the respec function - same result.

Whatever template it pulls the Lvl 1 characters from for use with the respec function isn't the same template that is actually used when originally assigning the characters, or something; and in the former template, Amiri gets Power Attack instead of Toughness, and gets Toughness from fucking nowhere.
The ingame respec tool sucks anyways due to limitations I listed & not letting casters that learn from scrolls keep their learned spells
use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/7
I don't really like it, since it also resets the looks and shit of companions, which is just a fucking hassle to get right again. The only reason I'm even respeccing is to unfuck the fuckups of another mod.

• Version 1.6.1
    • Now portrait is selected automatically.
    • Added feature to save alignment.
    • The appearance can be reset to the original one.
Well that "reset doll" function was really fucking hidden. You apparently have to respec, and then go back and re-select the character in the respecilization mod, and only then does it appear. Neato, thanks.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Nigga, changing portrait is the only valid reason to respec.
No, I might be a dirty cheating bastard that wants to take fluffy options without paying the price, but I still want to play it straight, and you underestimate just how anal I am about some things being just so.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
So about that Turned Based mod you insipid mongrels

Should be the most important thing about this game, but I guess RTwP is now the rage on the Codex ; I loved it in Darklands, such an old game, so great, everything is great when its old, look at this fucking edgy guy, what the fuck is going on

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Combat in Darklands is for the most part trivial - gang up on one enemy at a time. It would have only benefited from being TB.

Shadenuat

Arcane
what is this bullshit

ClybiAg.jpg

How many bites exactly Dragon Disciple gets?? it's like 8 bites per second

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
By the way, I'm very impressed by most of the changes in the Enhanced Edition so far (although I can't be 100% sure which is from EE and which is just patching, but I suspect it mostly EE). Yes, most that I've noticed have been minor things, but I really like how the starting region seem to have boggarts as it's "thing", whereas before it didn't really have a thing. I noticed how the spider cave was now fairly extensive, and not just another re-used cave tile. I just reached Tranquil River Bend, and it's a wilderness area with its own little silent story to tell, with a boggart cave and everything.

It really helps tie things together. I expect this "oooh" and "aaah" feelings to taper off later, but so far, so good. Good, good stuff. My only real complaint so far is that they added Slayer instead of something more interesting like Bloodrager or Oracle, or simply more Archetypes (and yes, I know of the mod that adds classes, but it's not even up to the low standards of the game, so it doesn't really mesh... yet). Oh, and I think that they could've taken the opportunity to actually update the many, many, many, many duplicate or ill-fitting icons of so many, many, many things.
what is this bullshit

How many bites exactly Dragon Disciple gets?? it's like 8 bites per second
Unless I'm mistaken, they should only get one Bite, and IIRC you don't get iterative attacks with Natural Attacks, either.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It is either class itself broken (and it is broken in class screen, more bites than needed and goes for 20 levels instead of 10) or maybe it somehow breaks together with monks flurry of fists

deuxhero

Arcane
You can use your handheld attacks in combonation with bite though. It was fairly normal in PnP to give animal companions Improved Unarmed Strike so they got an extra attack plus iteratives that all got boosted by the same amulet for the low price of -2 to the rest of its natural attacks (with multiattack they get for free)

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am just pretty sure DD should get 1 bite, which grows with level later to 1d6 damage + elemental damage. That is it.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I take everything back. Fuck the Tranquil River Bend. Fuck it with at least four different kinds of rakes. It just keeps fucking going and my party is exhausted and tired, and have slowly grinded their way to the end, only to face some kind of frog-faced fucker and his entourage, and there is no way I can do this at level 4.

Shadenuat

Arcane
daidre said it's the hardest location in ch1 harder than rats

i think i know what is wrong with dd, they replaced all dragon forms with bites, but u still get dragon form so like you get bite for every feat which is bugged out but still exists

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
daidre said it's the hardest location in ch1 harder than rats
Oh, it's waaaay harder than both the rats and the Stag Lord. Getting up to the end fight is mostly a grind and can be won by beating your head silly or resting a lot, provided you've got things like Hold Person or Hideous Laughter, but the last fight is just one big fucking nope.

i think i know what is wrong with dd, they replaced all dragon forms with bites, but u still get dragon form so like you get bite for every feat which is bugged out but still exists
Would you like to take another crack at that sentence there?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I take everything back. Fuck the Tranquil River Bend. Fuck it with at least four different kinds of rakes. It just keeps fucking going and my party is exhausted and tired, and have slowly grinded their way to the end, only to face some kind of frog-faced fucker and his entourage, and there is no way I can do this at level 4.

Yeah, I made it to the huge one at the end of the cave with my lvl 4 party and had to back off. The previous fights were tough but doable... I stumbled onto the place with only a few rations so I think I only rested once inside, but that final battle was just not going to work.

Anyway, I'm headed back there now with a few more levels under my belt and will enjoy murdering them. Honestly, I kind of loved that about the place.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Yeah, I made it to the huge one at the end of the cave with my lvl 4 party and had to back off. The previous fights were tough but doable... I stumbled onto the place with only a few rations so I think I only rested once inside, but that final battle was just not going to work.

Anyway, I'm headed back there now with a few more levels under my belt and will enjoy murdering them. Honestly, I kind of loved that about the place.
Yup, identical situation to me. When I come back at level 5-6 with Octavia and Regongar in tow, I'm going to enjoy curbstomping these assholes.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am just pretty sure DD should get 1 bite, which grows with level later to 1d6 damage + elemental damage. That is it.

It used to be so when I played my tripping biter.
Did you take Sorcerer levels with dragon bloodline before DD?

No, I have accessed it trough Archeologist Bard.
well that fixes the overlaying 20 level issue, but there are still 5 bite attack feats

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom