Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Mod/Subscribe Thingy: Does it Work?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never bothered with this ('cause I expected it to be shit) but I'm playing Shogun 2 vanilla again, and was soon introduced to bow units firing their arrows to the sound of cannon balls again. Remembering this was a pain in the balls (see what I did there?) to fix, I just clicked on this new feature...and of course, nothing is ever this easy...because it din do nuffin.

In fact, every mod I tried does nothing. Yes I started a new game each time, yes I'm online.

Are they taking the piss?.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Read the readme?

Go to your steam folder, look for workshop folder.

Path ought to be something like
Code:
C:\\Programs(x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\304930\

If you don't find a number ("304930" in the example) that corresponds to the mod for your game, it did not install properly.

One more thing to add: don't use the workshop for the KotOR games if you play them.
Install those mods old-school, the Workshop breaks them by installing multiple folders into the override.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's informative, thanks - but did all that already, and still got nothing. I even thought it might be because I had my games in a seperate location (SSD under E) instead of default hard drive installation path C. So started again, and still nothing. So I'm just gonna hand wave the extire experience and not bother with this shit ever again.

Thanks anyway though.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Strange.

I have Steam executable on C drive, games on my data drive. Workshop works fine for the games I use it with.

Is your steamapps folder set to read only?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom