Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Bloodstained - Koji Igarashi's new metroidvania game

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Do go ahead and spoil us on the shard, precious. I spent 15 minutes trying to beat him and then I gave up.
You turn into Sonic. Incredibly fast and the speed increases your jump distance considerably. Also, you hit enemies as you run for minor damage. Trivializes most fights, since you can outspace every attack by hit and run tactics.
To defeat the ninja just use the shard that lets you teleport. Time freezes when you are teleporting.
You can also upgrade it to go even faster. :D

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Finally beat the game yesterday, last two bosses were a breeze given that I farmed and crafted the best gear possible so that I could finally quit getting my ass beat by the superboss (took a good half hour or so to farm oricahalam or whatever it's called). The only thing left for me to do is channel my full autismo in order to get the chievo for getting all the shards.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Other than rhava bural/portrait combo, I've been using katana. I like the parry and the leap-slam; they make those big ghosts that curse you much easier. Leap on them, then parry the charge.

Does anyone use other combos? I find the 'Down -> Left/Right + Down -> Left/Right -> Right/Left -> Attack' ones too hard to consistently pull off without getting interrupted. And the Down -> Right/Left + Down -> Right/Left -> Attack combos don't see to work half of the time; I'll just spam the first attack in the chain instead of going 1-2-3. Not sure if it's because I'm doing something wrong (sometimes I'll do the 1-2-3 combo) or if it's just buggy, but they rarely seem worth it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Died first time to stained glass. Wandered into its room almost right after first meeting with Zangetsu without finding saving room and without healing items.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Fun fact: when you sit down in a chair Dantalion will open up in front of you as if you are reading it.

Kaivokz

Arcane
haha, if you beat Gebel too early you just get a game over?! I figured I could handle the church after I stopped him, but apparently not... do I have to cure him so Miriam can get her bone on? Welp, more exploring I guess

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Fun fact: when you sit down in a chair Dantalion will open up in front of you as if you are reading it.
There's also this which leads to a chievo:

1561212499-Untitled-3.gif

haha, if you beat Gebel too early you just get a game over?! I figured I could handle the church after I stopped him, but apparently not... do I have to cure him so Miriam can get her bone on? Welp, more exploring I guess

Just keep exploring and you'll learn what you have to do.

deuxhero

Arcane
Upgraded Craftwork seems really good. It's essentially a second "normal" attack since it costs 1 MP, comes out fast with no animation (you can combo it with your actual attack), has a good hit box and deals bludgeoning damage (which isn't particularly common a resist). With this, Riga Storema, and Int boost and a flame ring+flame whip I just destroyed the double jump boss. Anyone know if two flame rings would stack?

The portraits are mostly really tasteful, but the big give aways it's a backer reward are 1: The glasses. Should have been stylized for more period glasses from the 1700s. 2: The guys doing stupid poses. Unfortunately one of these is the second you encounter.

Kaivokz

Arcane
There's also this which leads to a chievo:

1561212499-Untitled-3.gif
There are lots of nice little touches in this game. Seems like it was made with care.

So I fought the blood lady ~20 times trying to take zero hits since Zangetsu gives the hint about not letting her spill a single drop of blood, and when I finally did it she just healed from some blood anyway exactly the same (her own I guess?). Was that just a misleading hint or is there some way to stop her from absorbing blood and going into the second phase? (I beat her already, I was just curious if anything special happens.)

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If you go for a magic build, those light and dark beams are pretty op. Good damage, infinite range, instant activation, free aiming and wide AoE once upgraded. It's like you just point your finger towards the enemy and they die instantly, if your damage is high enough.

Hyperion

Arcane
Spear Throw and Riga ended up as my go-to attack spells, with Beast Guardian set to R1. Full frontal defense while you're free to attack. Attack spammed my way to victory on what I assume is supposed to be the hardest fight in the game against
OD

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
More precisely, you get the light spell from those succubus monsters in the Hidden Desert and then you can craft the beam version at the workshop. The dark beam is dropped by the black dragons in Den of the Behemoths.

At grade 9 and rank 9 those spells are quite ridiculous.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Really enjoying it so far. Killed stained glass and unlocked lots of new areas. Still running around with that grinder 2h sword - something just feels right when i hit things with it.
Just found out i can craft 2h sword and katana passives myself, so it's time to grind more 1h sword shards.
I'm not even on 30% explored mark.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Really enjoying it so far. Killed stained glass and unlocked lots of new areas. Still running around with that grinder 2h sword - something just feels right when i hit things with it.
Just found out i can craft 2h sword and katana passives myself, so it's time to grind more 1h sword shards.
I'm not even on 30% explored mark.
Crafting the other shards won’t consume your initial shard.

deuxhero

Arcane
Dragon Tower's boss went down quickly since the left side was weak to fire and I had a fire heavy loadout that could hit it multiple times an attack. Critical Ring helps a lot.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Boss is easy - i just stand face to face with it and spammed my trusted grinder. Jumping gears is not.

deuxhero

Arcane
Abysall Guardian died in less than a minute and I only got hit once. I felt he was so pathetic I restarted and won without getting hit. Didn't know OoE's medal system was in this game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I like metroid and remember a friend who loaned me his sketch maps he was proud of. Well, he just thrust them at me and said "use them!" I'm like ok.

After plaing NES castlevania to death (first game i bought thanks to pizza parlor having castlevania arcade machineand Mario Bros the 2-player game in the sewers... btw.. the Abbey's pizza was owned by Mario and Luigi real named dudes but not bros.. odd).

Bought that then rented Castlevania 2. I liked the idea of going places and walking into rooms so when i finally got a copy of aria of sorrow decades later i was like DAMN! I still haven't played SOTN due to no PS (i guess i could play emulated).

This looks damn nice. And was there a metroidvania gamestyle Metroid Like sotn and crew?

deuxhero

Arcane
Well I had to change my setup, but only because the area was literally all fire. After clearing that I set up a shortcut with the alternate setup (Zephyr Boots+ice spell), the standard setup and one with speed belt.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I like metroid and remember a friend who loaned me his sketch maps he was proud of. Well, he just thrust them at me and said "use them!" I'm like ok.

After plaing NES castlevania to death (first game i bought thanks to pizza parlor having castlevania arcade machineand Mario Bros the 2-player game in the sewers... btw.. the Abbey's pizza was owned by Mario and Luigi real named dudes but not bros.. odd).

Bought that then rented Castlevania 2. I liked the idea of going places and walking into rooms so when i finally got a copy of aria of sorrow decades later i was like DAMN! I still haven't played SOTN due to no PS (i guess i could play emulated).

This looks damn nice. And was there a metroidvania gamestyle Metroid Like sotn and crew?

Whenever I read a post from you I wonder if you're like some guy from a retirement home who got internet connection now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom