Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is there any way to make the Rattay Tourney smoother? No matter what I do it's just a slugfest FPS wise, constant stuttering and averaging at 20 FPS

Quillon

Arcane
What's the dog's function btw? Does it fite? Does it fite to the death? Does it get dirty too often too? There was a quest requiring dog skin...can we skin it?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
M3XyVIe.png

I had no idea they got Terry Gilliam for this game, that's so cool.

Quillon

Arcane
Hmn, in that case it'll be imperative to beeline to the doggo in my next playthrough.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Are there any properly functional mods that'd remove the target locking. It was before occassionally very annoying but with addition of dogs it's now acting super spastic whenever any of them are around

Efe

Erudite
dog gains function with perks. when hunting it can one shot hares and deers.
with sic, distratcts and opens up humans during fights (basically free disable)
hidden functionality it fucks with your herb gathering by standing on plants ur trying to pick and you just praise it while dialog is open. smart doggo!
i dont know where you get your dog but you can get butchers dog from theresa, right after prologue

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The dog is a killing machine when hunting, yeah. You don't even need a bow, just point and click at things and Mutt will sprint at them and murder them. When hare-hunting you don't even need to do that, as the dog kills everything it sees and brings the carcasses to you without you having to lift a finger. It hasn't managed to kill a boar yet, although that too is supposedly possible. Maybe you'll need to soften them with arrows first? I thought hunting was rather dull in the base game (mostly because the animals' AI and their lack of self-preservation), but it's pretty relaxing and almost enjoyable now that the dog's keeping you company. Too easy, though.

The first thing I tried out in A Woman's Lot was testing what the "Sic!" command exactly did. Wasn't a very good idea. The poor peasant...

PsychoFox

Educated
Does the bandit camp in Viper's Nest quest have infinite bandits/cumens in it? i've killed about two dozen and they don't seem to end.

Quillon

Arcane
I've killed all of them before the siege then the siege got bugged, they should have prolly fixed it by now but I suppose we're not supposed to slaughter them before the siege :P

PsychoFox

Educated
Well i killed all the bandits and the game didn't recognize it (disappointed). Hopefully it's not bugged as you say.

EDIT

Well it's not bugged, but the bandits have all re spawned. Incredibly disappointed.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Less fun. While you 'earned it', it's like training with Bernard until your skills are all at 2/3 max or better. It ruins the progression curve.

The game is fun when you're being challenged and still feel the impact of level ups. Stomping on stuff reduces a core tension in KCD and makes it feel more like a hiking simulator.

Speaking from personal experience.

PsychoFox

Educated
Less fun. While you 'earned it', it's like training with Bernard until your skills are all at 2/3 max or better. It ruins the progression curve.

The game is fun when you're being challenged and still feel the impact of level ups. Stomping on stuff reduces a core tension in KCD and makes it feel more like a hiking simulator.

Speaking from personal experience.

Yeah i believe you. Too late to turn back now though. I'm still super pissed off about the game re spawning all bandits too though. Was thinking maybe i should stop playing if this is how things are going to be.

agris

Arcane
Patron
PsychoFox it is an odd oversight by Warhorse. I'm sure it's a tiny edge-case of users who wipe the camp before the quest, but the game should recognize that in some fashion. Smejki I don't expect you all to spin up the KCD1 dev team to address new content, but what's the deal here? Are we dealing with a legacy scripted section (the quest and battle) that is a rats nest to try to modify to take into account prior player actions? Feels very un-fallout of KCD to ignore this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom